PDA

View Full Version : New BB Humans: Discuss.

Jedi152
10-05-2005, 10:33
New Blood Bowl Human Team (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=303150&orignav=300811&ParentID=255000&GameNav=300808) (i've linked to the US site, it has a far bigger & better picture than the UK site.)

So what does everyone think of them?

I must say i think they look really good - a turn in the right direction for BB after the horrendous Jordell Freshbreeze & Hubris Rakarth.

I do have a few niggles about them, such as the linemen looking more like blockers - too much armour! And the crappy blades they seem to have sticking out of their gloves. They are illegal in BB... But apart from those i really like them!

And i must admit i like the new way of selling teams - 30 instead of 20, but you now get all 16 players (all in different poses - excellent!) and 2 metal footballs - no more fiddling about with crappy 'booster packs'.

Bubble Ghost
10-05-2005, 21:08
I can only see the linemen - when I try to enlarge the team I just get a picture of the old models, not the new ones. The linemen look great though. Good to see it distancing itself further from being just Warhammer with a ball - the more modern, steampunk stylings suit Blood Bowl much better. Now if they could only sort out the names of the player types on the team lists...

As for the linemen looking like blockers - surely some of them are going to act like blockers as well? They might as well be in the right sort of pose for it. It definitely beats the meaningless, ubiquitous "one arm lowered, one arm raised" pose that every lineman IN THE WHOLE WORLD used to adopt.

With you about the blades, but meh. What are you gonna do?

neXus6
10-05-2005, 23:17
I'm really trying to hold out till I see a decent picture of them.
They are going to be my next BB purchase if I don't get round to converting a team.

EvC
10-05-2005, 23:28
Do you know if other teams are getting re-done?

Jedi152
11-05-2005, 09:00
I've got the pic on my Photobucket account here (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/jedi152/Blood%20Bowl/newimage.gif) for those who haven't seen them yet.

It definitely beats the meaningless, ubiquitous "one arm lowered, one arm raised" pose that every lineman IN THE WHOLE WORLD used to adopt.
Good point!I suppose it is good to see more poses than the obligatory 'lineman' pose. I should be glad that they are even making new teams, and not sitting here bitching about positions!

With you about the blades, but meh. What are you gonna do?
I'm going to cut the buggers off, thats what! ;)

@EvC: I spoke to a redshirt about it (so take this with a pinch of salt!) and he confirmed that the SG designers have to basically design any miniatures in their own time, as GW won't finance them to do it when they could be working on the core games, so maybe not for a long time.

Overall: Definitely a purchase next month.

Flashheart
11-05-2005, 10:03
I think that they look really good but as you say the linemen look like blockers .. actually I can't see the difference.

Cohinor
11-05-2005, 13:53
The new models in my eyes, look better then the old ones. They have a more gritty feeling to it. Might be the all the spikes and blades. But when you look at the fluff drawings in the Rulebook you allways see alot of blades and spikes on their armor. I mean even the bloody football has been seen with spikes on it :)

So *tumbs up* for the new human team.

greets
Cohinor

neXus6
11-05-2005, 13:58
@ Flashheart: Basicly the linemen all have 2 feet on the ground while the Blitzers are in "running" poses.

I dunno I'm just not to keen on the new style catchers, both in this team and the pro elves (though these are an inprovement on the "don't hit me I can't protect myself" elf ones). That's why I'm going to convert an Orc team, no catchers. :p