PDA

View Full Version : Night goblin fanatic rule clarification

ARabidNun
05-09-2009, 18:06
Salut tous,

Sorry if this has been posted already, I don't think I use the search tool right since it nevers works for me :p. Anyways, my question is simple and I am sure I know the right answer but need to be reassured.

If you are using the catapult tactic with the fanatics for the first turn push and your "sucker unit - as Avian has nicknamed" is say 4 inches away and you roll a 10, with an enemy unit stopping at 8" from the parent unit and 1" from the "sucker" unit. The fanatic rolls through your "sucker" unit after moving 4 inches and then is pushed/drawn into the opponents unit as it completes its move (less than 1", drawn into).

My question is, as the fanatic moves through a unit does it, or does it not continue to deduct its movement roll (in this case 10") or is it pushed along and continues the remainder of its movement after exiting the unit? In this case the fanatic would have 6" movement. (10" - 4" before entering the "sucker" unit), then after the enemy unit another 6 " to move. This seemed very excessive to me as the fanatic, in play, was moving across half the table by bouncing from unit to unit, in a straight line.

If another enemy unit is 1" behind this unit, it would be drawn into that one as well, and pushed out the unit as normal?

Thanks for the clarification.
-Rabid

Witchblade
05-09-2009, 18:17
You measure where you're going to end up. If that is in a unit, you put the fanatic at the other end of that unit.

Nurgling Chieftain
05-09-2009, 19:14
Movement through units counts towards the fanatics' total movement but is not subject to the cap - all it really means is that fanatics never end their movement inside a unit.

Deglosh
07-09-2009, 12:00
indeed, you move the fanatic the 10" and if he ends up inside a unit at the end of his 10" hes moved 1" beyond that unit.