PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Valkia Khorne List

Angelust
05-09-2009, 20:09
Hey all. Coming up with a list that's themed around Valkia. Not super competitive, as I have no magic defense. However, I'd like to pull out the list when I play pick-up games, so any advice would be appreciated.

Valkia

Marauder Horsemen - x5 - Flails, Light Armor, Mark of Khorne
Marauder Horsemen - x5 - Flails, Light Armor, Mark of Khorne
Marauders - x15 - Great Weapons, Mark of Khorne
Marauders - x15 - Great Weapons, Mark of Khorne
Hounds - 4x5 - 4 separate units

Knights - x5 - Mark of Khorne
Chosen - x12 - Full Command, Halberds, Shields, Rapturous Banner, Favor

Warshrine
Warshrine

I know that the Rapturous Banner is not exactly Khornate, but I figure a high chance of insane courage fits the theme well enough anyway.

This list should leave me with about 25 pts left over. I could potentially mark the Chosen with Mark of Khorne, and trim 5 points somewhere else, but I'm primarily using the chosen as somewhat of an anvil unit. I don't expect it to get charged much, however it will create an 8 inch arc in front of it where it's a charge threat, which I hope will sufficiently cramp movement so that the knights can get clear charging lanes.

The hounds are there to screen knights and potentially chase off march-blockers and fast cav, or at the least try and draw charges or shooting. If necessary, they can prevent frenzy charges for a round, and claim quarters, etc. They're totally expendable.

The Marauder horsemen I decided to make Mark of Khorne, to up their killing potential. I know that having regular fast cav is much more useful, however, I kind of wanted this list to be a major hammer list.

Everything is moving up 14 inches at least on turn one, and should be in charge range turn 2. Hopefully mages will be in hand to hand combat by turn 2-3, and whatever losses I suffer will be survivable until I reach combat.

Valkia provides rerollable EotG, which warshrines will shoot at knights getting ready to charge (or chosen if necessary), and she also acts as BSB and a character killing flier. At the worst, she can charge a block unit, issue a challenge, and have a very good chance of getting 6 CR by duel overkill. Hopefully she'll at least tie up a unit so that other knights and things can get their charges in. (She goes into the Chosen block)

What do you guys think? Any common builds that might destroy this army?

Bauknefer
06-09-2009, 03:11
I would swap the rapturous banner for banner of rage that leaves you with 15 points left over so you could give them GW instead of halberds and make them one heck of a hammer because they wont soak any charge... you are doing the charging they will be lagging behind fighting what is left over.