PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt lizardmen (new player)

JasparBB
05-09-2009, 21:32
ok i've been an active player of warhammer 40k for some time now.
And now i've decided to go play fantasy now to.
The army that i felt best with in test playing was lizardmen

so this wednesday i'm going to play 1000pt against a friend that plays dark elfs

Scar
light armour
shield
burning sword of hotec

skink priest
scroll

19 saurus warriors (scar in here)
musician
champion

20 saurus warriors
musician
champion

10 skirmish skinks (priest goes in here)

10 chameleon skinks

3 terradons
3 terradons

comments and fixes are welcome
also when you have a fix pls explain why so that i can fully understand the change and keep the good advice in mind :)

Onisuzume
07-09-2009, 17:17
Personally I'd swap out the terradons for a couple of salamanders/razordons.
Salamanders can make a mess out of any heavily-armoured units he might bring, like cold one knights.

With the points saved you could add a few more skink skirmishers to the unit.
And maybe upgrade the Burning Blade of Chotec to a Sword of the Hornet.

snikkity_hiss
13-09-2009, 08:08
just some friendly criticism the burning blade... is unneccessary screw it make him +1 atk or sumthing -6 to armor is overkill or 5 my mistake and then... your anti-magic should be reinforced i suggest making him lvl 2 and give the priest the diadem or another scroll instead of the terradons

Necromancy Black
14-09-2009, 03:01
Give the Scar-Vet the Piranha Blade and Enchanted Shield. He'll be hard as hell to kill and will own in a challenge.

Those Saurus need spears and should definitely take a standard. Field them 6 wide. At the very least do not take them without spears, it is easily their biggest strength.
6 wide will give you more attacks, more chances to strike back. Spears on a unit 2 Str 4 attacks each is just deadly.

Wouldn't bother with chameleon skinks, just take a second unit of skink skirmishers.

I agree that you might want a Salamander in there as well. In small games the panic tests they cause is great and they also deal with any heavy knights you see.

Naestran
14-09-2009, 05:38
Drop the saures down to 18 and 17 using the extra points to give them spears as these are great.
Take out some if not all terradons upgrade your skink priest to lvl 2 and then try to fit in a hunting pack either is good.:D