PDA

View Full Version : Halo Stars, Brethren

CULCHAIN
05-09-2009, 22:44
After all these years I decided to start a space marine chapter.

The Halo Brethren are the chapter, the only piece mentioned is in "546.M32 The Halo Brethren, Sable Swords and Imperial Fists assembled into a retribution force and went after the grend master of the Officio Assassinorum. They are assailed by one hundred eversor assassins and only one lives to deliver the Emperor's judgement with a boltgun".

Anyway, I am having a hard time finding info on the Halo Region (besides the Emperor's light is weak there and the region is thought to be dead).

Any help would be greatly appreciated or ideas on what could be there.

Thanks

Urath
05-09-2009, 22:55
"The Halo Zone is the name of the region beyond the light of the Astronomican where Imperial Navigators guiding ships during warp-jumps are no longer able to sense its guiding light and are thereby forced to navigate blindly. Doing so in the warp is extremely hazardous and most, if not all, Navigators will refuse to go beyond the borders of the Astonomican for this reason. Also, due to the difficulties in navigation, the time taken to cross a region is increased while also increasing the time differential between real- and warp-space2.

Lord Commander Solar Macharius attempted to continue his crusade into the Halo Zone, but his troops refused to go on into the unknown, possibly because they believed they would no longer be under the protection of the Emperor.1 "

Thats what Lexicanum says. Sorry, I don't know anything either.

I'd assume the Halo Brethern are probably stationed around the Halo Zone to protect against any potential threat that will attack from the Zone.

Lothlanathorian
05-09-2009, 22:57
There isn't much on it. It is a 'mysterious' place. There is mention of ghosts and monster, vampires and other such. For the most part, it is unexplored and not much is known about it.

Urath
05-09-2009, 23:04
Isn't that the Ghoul Stars?

CULCHAIN
05-09-2009, 23:05
so maybe the Halo Brethren are sent there to guard humanity from some unknown horror. So they are maybe a defensive type force with lots and lots of techmarines to reinforce barriers. Maybe lots of plasma cannons and guns because the things they are fighting are so tuff. Could a force mainly comprimised of Plasma cannons and guns with a sprinkling of Multi-meltas be viable?

TimLeeson
05-09-2009, 23:09
like other lesser known chapters, it sounds like they fight equally lesser known xeno races...

Lord Damocles
05-09-2009, 23:11
That's if they even actually have any relation to the Halo Stars/Zone.

/Devil's advocate

Urath
05-09-2009, 23:21
Damn you Damocles!

CULCHAIN
05-09-2009, 23:34
The power of the Emperor compels you

Logarithm Udgaur
06-09-2009, 04:15
Isn't that the Ghoul Stars?

It is both. They have almost the same fluff from what I have read. I forget whether it is the Halo Zone or the Ghouls Stars that Eisenhorn visits. In that book they call it "lucky space" and they go to a planet on the edges. It is a gathering place for pirates and rogues, and not-so varied xenos.

Condottiere
06-09-2009, 04:44
Since Navigators seem to be the sticking point, maybe what you would need would be NavMarines who have the courage and motivation to boldly go where no man has (recently) gone before.