PDA

View Full Version : 2250 VC, double Grave Guard.

MasterSparks
06-09-2009, 08:37
Hello,

This is a list that I intend to use against both Dark and High Elves, Imperials, Daemons and Warriors of Chaos. Oh and also the Indy GT Dwarfs of Chaos. Anyway, it's built to be a sort of hybrid between being friendly and being competitive. Two little things to keep in mind is that the set up for my Vampire Lady is driven by fluff and is the one I use in every single game (in other words, it won't change ;)) and that I don't use the master raising powers. I don't like them.

With that out of the way, here's the list itself..

Vampire Lady - Nightmare, Forbidden Lore, Dark Acolyte, Flying Horror, Wristbands of Black Gold, Helm of Commandment, Cadaverous Cuirass, Black Periapt - 410
Vampire 1 - Dread Knight, Book of Arkhan, Enchanted Shield - 175
Vampire 2 - Dark Acolyte, The Flayed Hauberk - 155
Wight King - Battle Standard, Barded Skeletal Steed, Sword of Kings - 145

18 Crypt Ghouls - Crypt Ghast - 152 * Vampire 2 go either here... *
18 Crypt Ghouls - Crypt Ghast - 152 * ...or here. *
Corpse Cart - Balefire - 100
20 Zombies - Musician - 84
5 Dire Wolves - 40

18 Grave Guard - Full Command, Banner of the Barrows - 291 * Wight King go here. *
18 Grave Guard - Full Command, Warbanner - 271 * Vampire 1 go here. *
5 Fell Bats - 100

Varghulf - 175

The list totals 2250/2250 points and has got 8 power dice, 6 dispel dice and 2 bound spells.

The general strategy for this list would be pretty simple. The four units of infantry (the Zombies are likely to be delegated as table-quarter-holders) will attempt to perform "The Wall" and bowl right over most opponents. The readily available Danse Macabre will hopefully help with some rapid re-deployment if it'll be necessary. This list is a lot less manouverable than my usual ensembles but I still think that it might work out. The only thing I grieve for not having in is the "Dragon Trap" unit of Dire Wolves, although that'd require another 26 points to spend on the 5 I already have.

Anyway, I'm not really looking for advice that include completely changing the list around but a look-over to see if there's anything I've missed or could have done better wouldn't hurt. :)

Thanks!

kyinpie
06-09-2009, 09:02
i havnt got my VC book to hand to cheak, but i thought only models on foot could have flying horror?

The Red Scourge
06-09-2009, 10:08
You thought wrong :)

Chaseyboy1er
13-09-2009, 03:49
well, you can't put " vampire 2" in those ghouls. you need to have ghoul kin to join ghouls. it was in the errata. and putting your "vampire lady" on a horse and flying is a bit redundant. just give him a hellsteed. i would also give your wight king the regeneration banner. it's my favorite unit, and it has never gotten destroyed or anything in all of the 40 or so games i've played with them. I would also just drop the ghouls in general and get skeletons. and drop the zombies too. you can just raise that unit bigger than it on turn one and have it only worth 50 victory points. and one corpse cart isn't worth it. it works better with 2 or none.

Zarroc
13-09-2009, 03:54
well, you can't put " vampire 2" in those ghouls. you need to have ghoul kin to join ghouls. it was in the errata. and putting your "vampire lady" on a horse and flying is a bit redundant. just give him a hellsteed. i would also give your wight king the regeneration banner. it's my favorite unit, and it has never gotten destroyed or anything in all of the 40 or so games i've played with them. I would also just drop the ghouls in general and get skeletons. and drop the zombies too. you can just raise that unit bigger than it on turn one and have it only worth 50 victory points. and one corpse cart isn't worth it. it works better with 2 or none.

I read no such thing in the errata

Nathangonmad
13-09-2009, 18:54
well, you can't put " vampire 2" in those ghouls. you need to have ghoul kin to join ghouls.

This is bull, nothing as such has ever been mentioned.

I would also just drop the ghouls in general and get skeletons. and drop the zombies too. you can just raise that unit bigger than it on turn one and have it only worth 50 victory points. and one corpse cart isn't worth it. it works better with 2 or none.

This is also bad advice.