PDA

View Full Version : Joining Units

TAW
06-09-2009, 23:10
Hey, I just wanted a more solid ruling on all things to do with joining units. As I didn't even know mounted units (heroes) could join units there's alot i dont know.

So I was looking for a run down of what can and can't join units and which kind of units they can join.

Thanks,

P.S. this is really specific im more looking for all the rules people have broken down to do with unit joining.

theunwantedbeing
06-09-2009, 23:18
There are very few rules for joining units.

See skirmishers and fliers for just about every rule for character's joining units.

TAW
06-09-2009, 23:43
Well I dont see where it says that calvalry units can join normal infantry so the book isn't really helping. All I know is that monsterous creatures (i.e. over 1W mounts and creatures) cant joing any units.

Necromancy Black
07-09-2009, 00:13
Well I dont see where it says that calvalry units can join normal infantry so the book isn't really helping. All I know is that monsterous creatures (i.e. over 1W mounts and creatures) cant joing any units.

No, monstrous mounts can join units, flying mounts can not.

It works this way: You have a rule saying a character can join units. So any character on anything can join a unit. Call this is rule 1.

Then there are a bunch of rules, mostly in flyers and skirmishers, which may prevent certain characters joining units. Call this rule 2.

If one of those exceptions doesn't exist for your character (eg, a cavalry character joining infantry) then Rule 2 does not apply and you default back to Rule 1.

Milgram
07-09-2009, 08:02
units of flyers cannot be joined by characters
units of skirmishers cannot be joined by characters with US>1
monsters cannot be joined by characters
units that are subject to compulsory movement cannot be joined by characters
unbreakable units cannot be joined by not-unbreakable characters
unbreakable characters cannot join not-unbreakable units
characters with flying mounts cannot join units

these are the rules that are provided in the BRB. anything else is provided by the army books (teradons, zombies, cave squig etc.).

kyinpie
07-09-2009, 14:04
charecter/s can not join a unit of chariots inless monted on a chariot
charecter/s on a chariot can not join any unit inless its a unit of chariots.

characters on flying mounts cannot join ANY unit even if the unit has the fly or flying cavalry rule.

muntrous mounts that has a unit strength of 5 or more or has the 'large target' rule can join units but can be targeted by shooting/magic seprate to the unit its with.

Milgram
07-09-2009, 15:15
ok, forgot he chariot ones. :)