PDA

View Full Version : WOTR scenario for 40k?

Edonil
07-09-2009, 04:30
So, I've been playing a lot of War of the Ring lately, and one of the deployments in the book is called Maelstrom of Battle, and seems like it would be awesome for 40k. Nothing deploys at first, but you assign each board edge a number 3-6. On your turn, roll for each squad- 1 or 2, they don't show up, 3-6, put them anywhere on the appropriate board edge. Those of us who play WOTR think it'd be a lot of fun for 40k, although it would be unfair to Tau gunlines or something similar, just because of how much it would throw them off. Still, do you think with advance warning this would be a bad scenario for a tournament?

DuskRaider
07-09-2009, 06:23
People actually play Lord of the Rings? No kidding.

Sounds like it could be fun, but does this mean enemies can actually come in on the same table edge? Brutal. Why not try it in a game and let us know how it works.

Lord Damocles
07-09-2009, 09:51
How does that work with regards to charging on the turn you arrive?

You can imagine a Tyranid army just chomping through enemy aries piecemeal as they arrive...

grissom2006
07-09-2009, 10:34
I'm picturing the same dice roll multiple times so that everything just about ends up on the same edge and you don't have a shooting phase and just one big punch up.

solkan
07-09-2009, 13:42
I'm not sure whether that would work better on a square table or not...

My only concern about that scenario is that it would result in a game determined almost entirely by the deployment rolls, especially for a shooty versus close combat army. Are there shooty army builds in WOTR, or does the scenario work there because close combat is expected?

bocaj
07-09-2009, 18:51
Yeh sounds brutal it would be great for cc armys like orks n tyranids but could mean cerain death or delight for daemons

jason_sation
07-09-2009, 18:59
Sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes. I believe this scenario should be called "Oh Hai 40k".