PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Stegadon Army - Lizardmen

ScalySkin
07-09-2009, 11:53
This is one of the armies I am thinking of fielding in an upcoming campaign, I wanted to field Mazdamundi just for the story line of having the greastest living slaan leading the army. I'm not sure if he is any good as I have never used him. The points limit for the armies is 3000pts.

Lord Mazdamundi - 620 pts

EoTGs with Lvl 2 priests - 390 pts

Skink Chief - Ancient Steg, Warspear - 380 pts

Core

11 Skink Skirmishers - 77 pts

11 Skink Skirmishers - 77 pts

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70 pts

10 Skink Cohorts - 50 pts

Special

3 Terradon Riders - 90 pts

3 Terradon Riders - 90 pts

Rare - Ancient Stegadon - 275 pts

Total - 2999 pts

15 power dice
10 dispel dice

I know that 6 stegadons is a cheesy list, but this campaign is going to be full of cheesy lists, I will try to re-direct the nastiest units with the skinks and get a few dual stegadon charges off on some of the main units. (Impact hits, burning alignment and unit strength 20 of terror causing goodness.) The terradons will be mainly concerned with taking out war machines and heroes that could pose a threat to my priests in a challenge. I should also be able to get off a reasonable amount of magic and stop most spells.

Comments please, good, bad, harsh whatever!

vinny t
07-09-2009, 14:42
You don't really need the cohorts with Krox. Instead take *3 10 Skrimishers and *3 10 Cohorts for core. They can kill the big nasties and you have more Charge Directors/March Blockers.

3d6 S4 hits with no armor save made me cringe for the opponent.

You got one badass list there.

Kroq9Gar
07-09-2009, 19:33
Hey, I've just joined but I know about Lizardmen and High Elves, I am able to muster a 3,000 point army for each. Here is my 3,000 point Lizardmen based on my models - split the Jungle swarms up like I say so that you can delay more enemies. This army is from the most recent army book. A lot of special characters used due to effects! :D This army is built for battles against brettonians because my brother has a 3,000 point bret.
Lord Mazdamundi, 620pts

Saurus Oldblood, 250pts
Blade of realities, Light armour, Enchanted shield.

Chakax, 335pts

Gor-Rok, 215pts

Skink Priest, 150pts
Level 2, 2 Dispel scrolls.

Skink Priest, 150pts

14 Saurus Warriors, 198pts
Full command, Spears.

10 Saurus Warriors,
Full command, Spears.

12 Skinks, 52pts
Full command.

12 Skink Skirmishers, 90pts
Brave.

2 Jungle Swarm Bases, 90pts

1 Jungle Swarm Base, 45pts

6 Chameleon Skinks, 78pts
Stalker.

3 Terradon Riders, 100pts
Brave.

8 Cold One Riders, 330pts
Full command.

2 Salamanders, 150pts

Like it?

Nathangonmad
07-09-2009, 19:39
Hey, I've just joined but I know about Lizardmen and High Elves, I am able to muster a 3,000 point army for each. Here is my 3,000 point Lizardmen based on my models - split the Jungle swarms up like I say so that you can delay more enemies. This army is from the most recent army book. A lot of special characters used due to effects! :D This army is built for battles against brettonians because my brother has a 3,000 point bret.
Lord Mazdamundi, 620pts

Saurus Oldblood, 250pts

Chakax, 335pts

Gor-Rok, 215pts

Skink Priest, 150pts

Skink Priest, 150pts

Full command, Spears.

10 Saurus Warriors,
Full command, Spears.

12 Skinks, 52pts
Full command.

Brave.

Stalker.

Brave.

Full command.

2 Salamanders, 150pts

Like it?

Welcome to the forum but if you want people to have a look at your list would you mind not thread jacking. We normally have one thread per list per person.

ScalySkin
07-09-2009, 22:47
You don't really need the cohorts with Krox. Instead take *3 10 Skrimishers and *3 10 Cohorts for core. They can kill the big nasties and you have more Charge Directors/March Blockers.

3d6 S4 hits with no armor save made me cringe for the opponent.

You got one badass list there.

I like this idea, thanks for the feedback, you will notice I have made some adjustments to the list. I would certainly benefit more from having units to march block and redirect oponents so I can get off the all important STR 6 impact hit charges. It will make for an interesting style of play.

It seems my thread has been hijacked lol, I'll have a closer look at the lists posted here and give some feedback soon. :)

ScalySkin
08-09-2009, 06:23
Lord Mazdamundi, 620pts

Saurus Oldblood, 250pts

Chakax, 335pts

Gor-Rok, 215pts

Skink Priest, 150pts

Skink Priest, 150pts

Full command, Spears.

10 Saurus Warriors,
Full command, Spears.

12 Skinks, 52pts
Full command.

Brave.

Stalker.

Brave.

Full command.

2 Salamanders, 150pts

Like it?

Jungle swarms are not very good at slowing down anything that will get good CR, the rules for unbreakable swarms are that you suffer however many wounds you lost the combat by each round of combat. they can still be good, but against hard-hitting units, you should use them to re-direct as a good unit will run right over it.

Having chakax is a waste without having a slaan and a temple guard unit for him to make unbreakable. Gorok is great in a unit of saurus (particularly against brettonians).

Skink cohorts are 5 pts each, so you have under estimated their cost.

Your old blood needs to at least be on a cold one (carnosaur would be better) if you want him to be a weapon. Once your opponent finds out he is carrying a BoR, they can easily avoid him if he is on foot.

I think for what you are trying to achieve, a slaan with lore of metal in a TG block with Chakax and a lvl 2 priest on an Engine of the Gods would make a much better list.