PDA

View Full Version : Working on a new Tzeentch List for 2250

GMMStudios
07-09-2009, 20:21
Ok I misunderstood in my 10 or so years of not playing fantasy (and having never played a magic heavy army) how power dice work. I thought every die went into the pool. So that changes a lot.

So the basic list I have is as follows:

Fateweaver
Herald on Disc
Herald
Either Blue Scribes or another Herald

A few units of 10 PHs with Icon of +1 to cast

12 flamers

1. I won't be playing a lot of magic heavy armies, so I am wondering if my default list should have the blue scribes.

2. Master of Sorcery on the Heralds? It's what I understand to be best, but with my new understanding of power dice Power Vortex just looks nice. Too bad its 30 not 25.

3. How do you all feel about the icons on the PHs? Is it worth it? It's really iffy for me because for 27 points you get a standard and your basic spell goes off on a 3+ which means fairly reliably, rather than only 50% of the time. Question is, is that efficient or could those points be spent elsewhere.

4. After looking it over, in my opinion there is no point to taking any unit of horrors bigger than 10. The second level spell requires so many horrors you might as well take 19, but at the same time in order to cast it in any sort of reliable way you need the icon for 8+ instead of 9+. And even then it's not even average on two dice.

So what I am looking at right now is roughly this:

Fateweaver
Herald Disc MoS Flames
Herald MoS Flames
Blue Scribes

10 PH Icon of +1
10 PH Icon of +1
10 PH Icon of +1
10 PH Icon of +1

12 flamers

Which is 2236.

Opinions?

Note: Please no "cheese" "lame" or otherwise "dont do this" comments unless by "dont do this" you are trying to lead me to a more powerful list. Thank you!!

Lijacote
07-09-2009, 20:42
Each unit of horrors is worth 220 points to the enemy. Kairos and Blue Scribes together are lame. Kairos alone is lame. Too many flamers.

My opinion.

GMMStudios
07-09-2009, 20:46
So are you saying that by adding the standard and icon I am just adding VPs ripe for the picking? If I dropped them what should I fill its place with?

Lijacote
07-09-2009, 20:52
I'm not sure they're all that ripe with 12 flamers and the sheer amount of magic flying around. Maybe the only thing you could find threatening would be Dragon Princes with the Banner of the World Dragon.

GMMStudios
07-09-2009, 21:02
Yeah that would be pretty bad. I dont want to take hounds though, I would like to stay themed and mono god.

Tzeentch Lord X7
09-09-2009, 02:33
this is the list I take i hope this helps

Kairos

herald of tzeentch
master of sorcery, flames

herald of tzeentch
master of sorcery, flames

blue scribes

10 horrors
10 horrors
30 horrors

3 screamers
3 screamers

6 flamers
6 flamers thats 2250

Chaseyboy1er
10-09-2009, 00:04
i'm not too big a fan of screamers. i would change that for like, another unit of horrors and upgrades

Tzeentch Lord X7
10-09-2009, 05:41
you can drop the screamers and put another 10 man horror unit and the changeling in the big horror unit

Lazarus15
10-09-2009, 13:48
I run a mono themed list, and I like the idea of one unit of every daemon, I didn't create an optimized list for daily play (gets retarded)

Lord of Change-Level IV, Tzeentch's Will, Power Vortex

Herald-Chariot, BSB, (banner optional)
Herald-Power Vortex
Herald-Power Vortex

Horrors(x31)-Banner, Magical (which ever one fits you)
Horrors(x31)-Banner, Magical (same)
horrors(x11)

Screamers(x4)

Flamers (x4)-Pyrocaster

Big Blocks of horrors are HARD to get through, not to mention can cast cool things like Bolt of Change and multiple powers per turn. The resiliency of your over all army goes up as 64 models in two blocks have a 4+ ward.

I personally like screamers, but if you don't, you can add something else of course.
I didn't do special characters, but the blue scribe are alot of fun and not too over the top. The odd number of horrors is again oddly enough, the right amount. Not to expensive points wise, but it gives you a hefty wound bump to maintain your level III.

Tzeentch Lord X7
10-09-2009, 17:24
Lazarus15 what do you do against high elves with dragon princes you should drop the power vortexes because you already have allot of power dice and take master of sorcery so you can use beast cowers

Lazarus15
10-09-2009, 21:08
Normally I rely on Gift of Chaos, Glean Magic, and I like running the Banner of Hellfire.

As I said, the list is a themed list with a little bit of everything.

Tzeentch Lord X7
10-09-2009, 22:08
what would you do if the dragon princes had a BSB with banner of the world dragon (immune to magic)

Chaseyboy1er
10-09-2009, 22:12
well, then if he did take master of sorcery to beast cowers them, it still wouldn't work.

Lazarus15
11-09-2009, 03:23
I dunno, try to out number them and win combat through attrition. Add in the changling for flavor, but I really don't add him in too much. Just do my best with a list that is themed, and have fun with it.

I have a large High Elf army, and this I do know...Dragon Princes are NOT friends of prolonged combat, nor are their characters at their normal build. Good, Solid unit. So they have to hit and wound and me fail my ward more than 3 ranks, banner, outnumber, and next turn....flank. Oh and if I do win, I outnumber and cause fear, unless of course you they take the Lion Standard, but usually that goes on Swordmasters and such.