PDA

View Full Version : Imperial guard 2nd wave? very confused.

Shas'o Brightsword
08-09-2009, 05:16
Ok i have been reading some stuff it's been saying new artillery conversions plastic storm troopers out maybe september 19th! I am planning on buying the IG 90$ set in a week or so. Will it be ok to do this or will they be making alot of new stuff including this Box set? or is it safe to go ahead and buy it. And about the storm troopers whats happening with them are they going to be in plastic on the 19th or is that BS? anybody help?:confused::(:confused:

AngryAngel
08-09-2009, 07:59
Ok here is what I know battle brother. Sept 19th will see the release of Col Iron Straken ( direct only) and Sgt Harker ( Direct only )

The guard battleforce did change back when the new guard codex was released. It won't be getting changed up again for quite the some time. The current contents being the command squad, 3 heavy weapon teams, 20 guardsmen and 1 of the new plastic sentinels. That should be whats in it for many years to come. So go ahead and buy it.

As for the plastic storm troopers they have been hinted at, some greens seen but nothing definite is on the horizon as far as I know. The guard second wave started with the new demolisher kit ( which is awesome btw ) and the new hellhound kit. Ending with the Col straken and harker I believe.

Leaving plastic storm troopers till wave 3 or 4 if there is a 4 that is.

Arkfatalis
08-09-2009, 11:59
I always thought that the plastic stormtrooper with the shotgun was a veteran, or was that just me?

Petay1985
08-09-2009, 14:27
I always thought that the plastic stormtrooper with the shotgun was a veteran, or was that just me?

Agreed a veteran concept model is what i read, although i have read elsewhere that it was a stormtrooper...hmm!?

Shas'o Brightsword
08-09-2009, 15:18
Ok here is what I know battle brother. Sept 19th will see the release of Col Iron Straken ( direct only) and Sgt Harker ( Direct only )

The guard battleforce did change back when the new guard codex was released. It won't be getting changed up again for quite the some time. The current contents being the command squad, 3 heavy weapon teams, 20 guardsmen and 1 of the new plastic sentinels. That should be whats in it for many years to come. So go ahead and buy it.

As for the plastic storm troopers they have been hinted at, some greens seen but nothing definite is on the horizon as far as I know. The guard second wave started with the new demolisher kit ( which is awesome btw ) and the new hellhound kit. Ending with the Col straken and harker I believe.

Leaving plastic storm troopers till wave 3 or 4 if there is a 4 that is.

thank you i trust your advice. Brother, thank you.

Cadian144
08-09-2009, 15:36
yeah...I have not heard word one on Stormtroopers / vetrans in a long time. If they are on the way for Sept 19 it is a close guarded GW secret...as no one here knows anything about them.

My guess....and thats all it is, is that we will see them (stormtroopers / kaskirins) and some new new tank upgrade kits ( colussus / medusa...chimmera with turret options ) in mid to late 2010...at the very best. I would so love to be wrong....but I think that is the best we can hope for ..and that might be a real stretch:(

Arkfatalis
08-09-2009, 15:40
Agreed a veteran concept model is what i read, although i have read elsewhere that it was a stormtrooper...hmm!?
I always thought it was stupid for a stormtrooper to have a shotgun, and when asked GW said it wasn't a stormtrooper so it must be a veteran.

Shas'o Brightsword
08-09-2009, 15:56
ok thanks cadian144

ogretorix
08-09-2009, 17:52
A few myths cleared up before this thread gets way out of hand lol

Shotguns the greens pic everyone has seen and stuff even i have them somewhere the pictures were tooken almost 2 years ago. These greens and stuff were the concept idears for the current shotgun kit you can get from FW.

New tank models will be released but not till later. The current IG upgrades includig new vechiles and models was almost 3 years in making yes the old codex was released while this was going on. Its one of the largest expansions in there product line (SM being the biggest when converted to all plastic).

Artillery models seem to be next with only a basilisk/Griffon being the only combo kit i have seen as a possable from GW. Why only this??? As much as i hate to say this GW as being the parent company of FW will insure FW still has a market share on models that would not be commonly found in the imperium with companies. FW is planning on releasing a deathstrike missile set next year. This comes not fromt he guys in the store at your local GW shoppe but from its corperate people. With the current global recession happening you will find many models that were gonna slated for GW release become FW releases instead.

Lt. Col. Champion of britannia
ex GW corperate employee

Commander Zane
08-09-2009, 19:46
if you look at the guard codex you might notice that the colossus is on a chimera chasiss and not on a russ chasiss like the FW model, dont know if this is a clue of whats to come or if they just couldnt bother drawin the colossus on a russ base.......my input at this point is probably me talkin jibberish so im goin to go lie down and stop talkin lol

Inquis. Jaeger
09-09-2009, 11:23
At some point (prob 2010), 3 new plastic kits will be released -

Chimera

LR (including LRBT, Vanquisher, Executioner and the other one turrets),

Artillery (Medusa, Griffon, Basilisk, poss Hydra and Colossus guns)

Stuff like Deathstrike, Manticore etc will stay FW.

Have a look at the second wave IG thread summary post in the Rumours section for more information

MajorWesJanson
09-09-2009, 13:33
At some point (prob 2010), 3 new plastic kits will be released -

Chimera

LR (including LRBT, Vanquisher, Executioner and the other one turrets),

Artillery (Medusa, Griffon, Basilisk, poss Hydra and Colossus guns)

Stuff like Deathstrike, Manticore etc will stay FW.

Have a look at the second wave IG thread summary post in the Rumours section for more information

LRBT will likely have the multipart barrel like the Shadowsword to build the normal, vanquisher and eradicator guns, and then the Exterminator guns seperate.

Medusa, Basilisk, Colossus and griffon will likely be a multipart barrel system as well, with a short thin and short thick for the griffon and medusa respectively, and long thin and long thick for the bassie and colossus.

Manticore will be included with the Hydra. The only difference between the two is that the manti has missiles on the side of the turret, while the Hydra has guns. Easy to do on one sprue.

Shas'o Brightsword
09-09-2009, 21:27
Do you guys know anything on the storm troopers?