PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwaves News! (among others)

Moi
10-05-2005, 22:02
Hi all! I've got news that GW is working on "something about the Chaos Dwarves based upon the good reaction to the Hellcannon crews" (same wording as our local store's GW official supplier). As he told me yesterday, we'll have to wait at the very least a couple of years before seeing any new CDs, but that's still good news to me!

CDs are not dead! Long live the CDs!

However, I don't know how long this is going to be accurate (I suspect it IS accurate at the moment) as a lot of things may happen between now and the day CDs will get their army book. I just thought people would like to know!

Also, Wood Elves are coming out on august with army deal and battalion. Dwarves are being worked on now to be re-released in early 2006 (probably january). Also, Tyranids are coming out right now as wil be a new box for Lord of the Rings, but those news belong to another forum!

Enjoy!

Nazguire
10-05-2005, 23:08
Hi all! I've got news that GW is working on "something about the Chaos Dwarves based upon the good reaction to the Hellcannon crews" (same wording as our local store's GW official supplier). As he told me yesterday, we'll have to wait at the very least a couple of years before seeing any new CDs, but that's still good news to me!

CDs are not dead! Long live the CDs!

However, I don't know how long this is going to be accurate (I suspect it IS accurate at the moment) as a lot of things may happen between now and the day CDs will get their army book. I just thought people would like to know!

Also, Wood Elves are coming out on august with army deal and battalion. Dwarves are being worked on now to be re-released in early 2006 (probably january). Also, Tyranids are coming out right now as wil be a new box for Lord of the Rings, but those news belong to another forum!

Enjoy!

So....the Dwarfs eh...if this is true then that is cool, they are the book in need of new models more than anything else I think. Their rules aren't unbalanced just a few tweaks needed here and there but apart from that fine, should be cool if it happens.

Sylass
11-05-2005, 05:59
Something happening in connection to Dwarfs seems to be pretty likely. Someone mentioned to me that he already saw pictures of new miniatures (plastic Dwarfs)...

Odin
11-05-2005, 10:39
There was another rumour around here about work being started on Chaos Dwarfs. Looks like it could be true. Another couple of years away I would guess, but there have been a lot of favourable reactions to the Hellcannon crew, so GW were likely to react to that. I'd be tempted to get them if they match the Hellcannon crew models, especially if you can ally them with Hordes of Chaos (though in a more limited way than Beasts or Daemons). That way, Chaos players could start with a unit or two, and then build a separate army up around them.

Vogon
11-05-2005, 10:41
Good news on the Chaos Dwarves but I'm not going tto hold my breath. I really hope that they do something special with them as they have some very good background and history which could really lend it's self to a new and interesting army.

Have fun

Vogon

samael
11-05-2005, 10:44
Good to hear.

Hell I'm just happy that they get mentioned in the backgroundstories again on a semi regular basis.

It gives me hope for the future.

tzeentchgiant
11-05-2005, 17:31
Good news about new dwarves, and especially CD but I think that maybe dwarves won't be out until later on next year, I think that maybe an entire new army list wouldn't come out so soon after such a major rehaul of the older woodies,

Ofcourse I could be wrong, this is just the pesimist in me speaking.

TG

Jimbob_Jenkins
11-05-2005, 17:53
Well its good news they are thinking about the CD :cool: . I just hope they donít bring back those big hats :p though if they did I suppose it would make my army still look unique :D lol

Tancred II von Quenelles
11-05-2005, 17:59
Good news.

Dreachon
11-05-2005, 18:18
I really hope they'll return and hopefully with more psycho-looking weapons like the Hellcannon.

tzeentchgiant
11-05-2005, 18:24
I really hope they'll return and hopefully with more psycho-looking weapons like the Hellcannon.

I think that's the general gist of how things will be when they do return.

TG

ghost21
11-05-2005, 18:25
i hope they do return they have had more info on them recently so prehaps we will see somthing for em

there not bieng ignored so mutch now as they were

The boyz
19-05-2005, 10:16
I hope they do re-create the Chaos Dwarves. Even if they are a long way of in the future. I cant wait.

macbeth
19-05-2005, 10:26
Now that's some good news. We've heard that before, but each time we hear it again makes us fell that at last the CD will have what they deserve...

I think that the one thing we could be pretty sure of is the disappearance of the Orc and Goblin troops in the army list. Will the hobgoblin stay? I think so, as they would not fit anywhere else, but for the rest...

rkunisch
19-05-2005, 12:01
The question that remains is: Will the Chaos Dwarfs be the same after an intense revision? I think not. It is okay to have another army on the table - I really like varity. What I don't want to see is another flavour of the current Chaos lists. I am not really sure, if a rework would produce something I would like. :(

Have fun,

Rolf.

Castigator
19-05-2005, 12:45
The question that remains is: Will the Chaos Dwarfs be the same after an intense revision? I think not. It is okay to have another army on the table - I really like varity. What I don't want to see is another flavour of the current Chaos lists. I am not really sure, if a rework would produce something I would like.

Well, Chaos Dwarfs have never been very chaotic anyways.

They're evil, alright, but they're evil in an orderly dwarven fashion.

IMO, if you redo them, you they shouldn't be Chaos Dwarfs at all. Rather make em .. dunno, Tyranny Dwarfs or Slaver Dwarfs or whatever.

strv
19-05-2005, 12:58
Dark dwarfs!Dark dwarfs! nothing wrong with a nother dark in front of name army.
We have to many armys "of chaos" now so it would be nice with a litle change in the evil.

tzeentchgiant
19-05-2005, 13:04
Having an army of "dark" dwarves is very boring, it lacks character, that would just be the same as a dwarf army, the whole point of the chaos dwarves is that they are evil, and characterful.

I hope to god they keep Hashut as their god though, an influence from the big 4 is ok but I don't want to meet an army of chosen Khornate knights with a battery of cannons, on the other hand as a chaos player, that could be quite handy.

I don't know what I want.

TG

Bubble Ghost
19-05-2005, 13:44
Chaos Dwarfs were never in danger of doing a Squats and being scrubbed from history; they were always there hanging around in the background, like people who wave at the camera during location segments on the news.

As for a name...

DWARFS OF CHAOS!

Maybe not.

squiggoth
19-05-2005, 13:56
I've always called my cute little big-hatted friends by their secret True Name. Should look decent on an army book cover.

"Warhammer Armies: Naughty Gnomes"

...Sounds way better than Chaos Dwarfs. Dark Dwarfs, Fire Dwarfs or whatever.

The boyz
19-05-2005, 14:47
Yeah I wouldnt like to see the Chaos Dwarves as another army list of Chaos, but just evil Dwarves. A bit like Dark Elves are just Evil Elves, there not Chaos, they are just Evil.

meowser
20-05-2005, 07:22
plz 'dwarves of chaos' is the funniest name ever

i want hobgoblins. tons and tons of hobgoblins

anyone remebers the sneaky gits? im talking greenskin skirmishing scouts!!
and how about new wolfboyz?

i want greenskins to be as mix and matchy as chaos, with the o&g + gnoblar + hobgnoblin mixes

athamas
20-05-2005, 09:17
i did post something here about the possibility of CD coming back before portent died,

indy ritailer said he had heard idea of new dwarf sculpts,

Tastyfish
20-05-2005, 11:46
Machines of Chaos they've been billed as, focusing on the traping and enslavment of daemonic spirits to power infernal devices. Think Hashut will have gone and they'll either be conventional chaos or purely undivided (to limit the number of armies that get to steal their weapons). Though mark of Hashut would do the same - only undivided armies can take them as allies.

Quetzl
24-05-2005, 11:09
Maybe their own language name... Whatever that is lol! Probably Stunties....

Erghuum, I think Chaos Dwarfs would be amazing in whatever format, be it cannon heavy, Hobgobin Heavy it doesn't matter because they will hopefully be made exceptionally original.

If anyone wishes to talk about Chaos Dwarfs in more detail then please go to this site which I set up... And the guy I set it up fr never replied again, its a shame really! Anyway if you wouldn't mind chatting about the Chaos Dwarfs then please have a browse here Chaos Dwarfs (http://s11.invisionfree.com/Chaos_Dwarfs)

So long live those Tall Hat chaps.

rkunisch
24-05-2005, 11:20
Maybe their own language name... Whatever that is lol! Probably Stunties....
That would be Dawi'Zharr.

Erghuum, I think Chaos Dwarfs would be amazing in whatever format, be it cannon heavy, Hobgobin Heavy it doesn't matter because they will hopefully be made exceptionally original.
The question is what is amazing about an unknown new format? :eyebrows: They are an interesting addition to the Warhammer world as they are now. If they will be degraded to Dwarves of Chaos and integrated in the current Chaos list as the bringer of war machines, my interest dies instantly.

If anyone wishes to talk about Chaos Dwarfs in more detail then please go to this site which I set up... And the guy I set it up fr never replied again, its a shame really! Anyway if you wouldn't mind chatting about the Chaos Dwarfs then please have a browse here Chaos Dwarfs (http://s11.invisionfree.com/Chaos_Dwarfs)
It is not especially good style to advertise a forum within another. :rolleyes:

Have fun,

Rolf.

Quetzl
24-05-2005, 12:42
Yes maybe a little bit unstylish, but in the end its there not being used and me myself don not know too much about Chaos Dwarfs so it was really a help for someone else. But if it doesn't gain a small community soon I shall delete it lol.

tzeentchgiant
24-05-2005, 19:18
I would suggest sticking to the very successful chaosdwarf.com (http://www.chaosdwarf.com )

It's a good site and you will be surrounded by a large community.

That wasn't supposed to be advertising, just a guiding hand for a young evil dwarf.

TG

x-esiv-4c
24-05-2005, 22:35
better then Chaos Demiurgs...hehehe.

Artemis_Quinn
25-05-2005, 02:52
The only thing that would sound the least bit appealing to me about them relaesing the Chaos dwarves as a supplement to chaos would be the army book title.......

Warhammer armies: Munchkins of Chaos

But on a serious not, I can't wait to see the models they make for them. Can anyone say new Lammasu? (I believe that's what it's called). With the way most GW models get better and better I can't wait to see what they do with that.

Barbarossa
25-05-2005, 09:44
Dwarves are being worked on now to be re-released in early 2006 (probably january).

I'd be happy enough if I could use all that Karak Kadrin stuff in my normal army.
Though new plastic warriors wouldn't hurt either. :-)

squiggoth
27-05-2005, 23:46
Can anyone say new Lammasu?

I can: "new Lammasu". That sounded extremely hot! :D
Though I still love the old one. He's the sweetest Warhammer monster ever IMHO.
Funny thing is, the Lammasu was the only 4th edition Chaos Dwarf-headed model that didn't have a big hat, whilst the real Lamassu from ancient Assyria was in fact often depicted with a funky big hat. Now you see kids, Portent is a good source for useless education.

http://www.livius.org/a/1/mesopotamia/khorsabad_lamasu.jpg
http://www.livius.org/a/iran/persepolis/gate/gate2.JPG
http://www.mesopotamia.co.uk/palaces/explore/images/east/eastlam3.jpg
http://www.ancientneareast.net/images/religion_assyrian/mma_lamassu.jpg

Stouty
28-05-2005, 00:48
They were shockingly good stone masons!
Bring forth the industrial hell-forge!

Frankly
28-05-2005, 03:57
This is pretty good news.

I'm playing around with a Chaos dwarfs armylist every now and then.

I think they're a pretty cool little race of people, I'd like to see their fluff extended.

tzeentchgiant
28-05-2005, 11:14
Why does the last Lammusui have five legs?

I presume that is a leg ;)

TG

Yasmin
28-05-2005, 11:28
Every time I hear about CD's Juggernauts come to my mind.
Mechanical Daemons.
That's how I see the new army. Daemons bound into machines of destruction.

squiggoth
28-05-2005, 16:41
As a matter of fact, Juggers in WHFB are Chaos Dwarf export products... Or at least that's what is claimed by both Liber Chaotica Khorne (about the origin of Juggers) and the Ogre army book (about the Ironskin Tribe, whose Tyrant rides around on a CD-forged metal Rhinox).
And therefore, it goes without question that there are still Chaos Squats in 40K, creating Juggers all day long for the lazy anti-pedestrian Khorne Lords. May their silly Khornate bums blister away on their fiery brass saddles.

squiggoth
28-05-2005, 16:44
Why does the last Lammusui have five legs?

I presume that is a leg ;)

TG

Yeah that's a leg, ya sick freak :P
It's made that way so you can see a standing Lamassu when you see him up front, and a walking Lamassu when you see him "en profil". The en-trois-quartes thing with the five legs is just a little bug in the prehistoric monster-sculpting system, IMHO.
That, or it is a Slaaneshi Lamassu.

tzeentchgiant
28-05-2005, 16:54
I never thought of that, man those egyptions were clever weren't they.

TG

Quercia
28-05-2005, 17:50
W0W that's great news. They are in need of a new army book + models... x_x woohoo!

This is so cool. I really like them. If they don't get those circus hoodsagain ;)

Cheers,
-Q

Stouty
28-05-2005, 23:43

TG

I hope that pun was heavily intended :p

TrollTyg
31-05-2005, 10:00

TG

It wasnt the egyptians who made those.

Grom
01-06-2005, 18:55
So long as they don't go the way of the Squat, I'll be content. (Just about...)

metro_gnome
01-06-2005, 19:22
i have high hopes for CDs... but not much hope for our high hatz...

check out these ideas i laid down in rules development... on the whole daemon angle...

http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?p=47880#post47880

squiggoth
07-06-2005, 13:12
Hehehe... Have anybody read "Grudgebearer" by Gav T. yet?
It has some interesting lines...

elite warriors of Zharr-Naggund ... Immortals of the High Prophet of Hashut. Their armour ... black ... heavy steel from head to toe. Their curled, piled beards ... protected by long sheaths of metal ... parts of their armour ... reinforced with solid plates of marble and granite ... large-bladed axes, curved and deadly.

great mechanical giant ... heat ... diabolical energy ... in the shape of a great bull-headed man ...ĎA Kollossusí, whispered some misguided "Good" stuntie boy who didn't worship Hashut like all the Proper Dwarfs doÖ cannon ... in the mouth of its bull head ... Immaterial shapes ... escaped the enchanted machineries that held them

Immortals in marble armour... And as a matter of fact I had just started repainting my old Dawi's, with dark green marble armour :cool:

samael
07-06-2005, 13:18
Apart from the fact that you're doing something completely illegal (showing us original GW material and all that, quickly, hide, they're coming..) all I can say is THANK YOU.

squiggoth
07-06-2005, 13:20
Is this illegal? Ooops... :eek: I'll edit it away then. You nosy folks should just buy the novel ;)

*edit* left only the most interesting bits.

samael
07-06-2005, 13:23
Well it used to be, GW FROWNS on using their material without permission, or getting paid;) , ask a Mod to be sure.

squiggoth
07-06-2005, 13:26
Naaah, small quotes (to make/illustrate a point) should be fine, as long as it's not complete chapters that you copy and paste. Same as with the rules in rules forums.
Anyway, the book mentions both a "Kolossus"and Ōmmortals", and the regular CD artillery (Earthshakers, Hellcannons, Death Rockets)... no talk of blunderbuses, Bull Centaurs or Hobgoblins.
And no mentioning of the Lammasu :cries:

samael
07-06-2005, 13:33
It does at least mention the Great Taurus doesn't it? (we really need a praying smiley)

squiggoth
07-06-2005, 13:50
Nope...

But well, apart from elite the Dawi Zharr and some war machines it mentions not much about them to begin with...
And look at it this way: Claws of Chaos, Blades of Chaos and Heart of Chaos didn't mention Hellblaster Volleyguns and Steam Tanks, but they're still in the army list!
(and don't start about those books taking place 200 years before the destruction of Mordheim and the invention of black powder ;))

EffCee
07-06-2005, 14:41
Shouldn't be a problem about including quotes after all you can quote other peoples work when writing f a book as long as you include the references.

Jimbob_Jenkins
07-06-2005, 15:23
[QUOTE=squiggoth]

Quote:
elite warriors of Zharr-Naggund ... Immortals of the High Prophet of Hashut. Their armour ... black ... heavy steel from head to toe. Their curled, piled beards ... protected by long sheaths of metal ... parts of their armour ... reinforced with solid plates of marble and granite ... large-bladed axes, curved and deadly.

Quote:
great mechanical giant ... heat ... diabolical energy ... in the shape of a great bull-headed man ...ĎA Kollossusí, whispered some misguided "Good" stuntie boy who didn't worship Hashut like all the Proper Dwarfs doÖ cannon ... in the mouth of its bull head ... Immaterial shapes ... escaped the enchanted machineries that held them
QUOTE]

hmm sounds a little bit like my army I wonder if it inspired Gav when I took it to the portent tournament. Probably not itís probably a coincidence but the similarities are scary haha

Styles
07-06-2005, 16:10
Hope the chaos dwarfs make a come back as a stand alone army and not just allys for chaos armies.

samael
08-06-2005, 08:45
hmm sounds a little bit like my army I wonder if it inspired Gav when I took it to the portent tournament. Probably not itís probably a coincidence but the similarities are scary haha

Now that you mention it, yes it does, sue his ass!!! :D :D

Flame
08-06-2005, 08:51
AFAIK the new dwarves aint coming out until 2007, with the start of 7th edition.

Inquis. Jaeger
08-06-2005, 10:51
Long live the CD! I really liked the models for the Hellcannon crew, but it would be great if they didn't take them the way of the Hellcannon. I hated that model.

Killgore
08-06-2005, 14:02
I would buy a Chaos Drawf army, nothing cooler then regiments of Dark Stunties clad in Heavy armor with Daemon forged weapons of hell and death.

They would really fit nicly into the dark imagery of 6th ed WHF

6th and Final Champion
08-06-2005, 15:30
If they come out Im playing them, nuff said.

Xxcha
08-06-2005, 22:00
I hate to say it but maybe the hellcannon has taken the place of the earth shaker. It would certaintly fit games workshops ideal of making all armies more gothic and sinister.

Inquis. Jaeger
10-06-2005, 03:14
I hate to say it but maybe the hellcannon has taken the place of the earth shaker. It would certaintly fit games workshops ideal of making all armies more gothic and sinister.

But the Hellcannon just looks so ... pants. Please let them bring back a very cool looking Earthshaker :cries: