PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Lizardmen, needs criticism

samick
08-09-2009, 20:17
So I just purchased a large lot of Lizardmen (yay alliteration! ) after perfecting my orcs and goblins and I got right down to reading the book cover to cover and making a 2250 list as it is what my local gaming shop mostly plays. So I'd love some more experienced lizzie players to improve my list.

Lord:

Slann: 385
(Focus of mystery, The focused rumination, Cupped hands, bane head)

Heroes:

Skink Priest: 440
(EotG, x2 dispell scrolls)

Skink Priest: 435
(EotG, Plaque of Tepok, war drums)

Core:

x18 Saurus Warriors: 246
(Spears, FC)

x10 Skink Skirmishers: 70

Speical:

x16 Temple guard: 292
(FC)

x3 Terradons: 90

Rare:

x1 Salamander: 75

x1 Salamander: 75

Total: 2248

So I obviously am aiming to go magic heavy. With the two stegs threatening both flanks and my solid temple guard holding the center, I feel that this list could do quite well. The only thing I would like to do with this list is try to bump the TG up to 20 Strong so I could run them 6x4 with the slann inside and maybe give them the sun standard to protect them from the only thing that I feel will do this list harm, shooting. The problem is though, I have no idea what to cut to be able to make these improvements. Any help or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

N810
08-09-2009, 20:19
Seems like a prety standard list,
it should do just fine. ;)

ScalySkin
08-09-2009, 22:03
Looks like a good list, I can only think of a few suggestions or possible alternatives.

You already have a lot of magic defense with 8 dd, if you are really concerned about magic, drop the dispel scrolls and give the slaan becalming cognition, this will prevent your opponent's main caster from being effective and stop them from getting irrestible force. (unless they are skaven) I think it would also be worthwhile making the slaan the bsb and maybe adding the war banner.(war banner is a cheaper way of getting the extra cr than adding 4 extra tg. You get +1 for bsb, +1 for war banner and +1 for standard, along with +2 rank bonus) I don't think you need the sun standard with this list, just spawn the 5+ ward save against ranged attacks until the enemy is in combat range.

Depending on your style of play, it may be handy to have a unit of ranked skinks to redirect charges and set up flank charges (maybe stick a krox or two in with them to make them more of a target and make it easier to rally after you flee). Skirmishers don't let you choose the direction that the charge is met meaning that their unit could line up a charge to overrun into your main units.

Overall a very good list, I have done well with similar lists in the past.

Onisuzume
08-09-2009, 22:23
Imo I'd drop the terradons and add another sally as well as extra handlers.

samick
08-09-2009, 22:26
Thanks for the suggestions guy. If I drop one scroll and maybe the war drums, I could fit in a BSB upgrade and a warbanner. Would it be more beneficial to have the TG standard hold the warbanner of have the Slann have it? Or does it really matter?

With the terradons gone, I really have nothing that can pose an immediate threat to enemy warmachines. Though I do suppose that my skink units could just march their 12" up the field and do the job, it would just take a little longer.

ScalySkin
09-09-2009, 08:10
Thanks for the suggestions guy. If I drop one scroll and maybe the war drums, I could fit in a BSB upgrade and a warbanner. Would it be more beneficial to have the TG standard hold the warbanner of have the Slann have it? Or does it really matter?

With the terradons gone, I really have nothing that can pose an immediate threat to enemy warmachines. Though I do suppose that my skink units could just march their 12" up the field and do the job, it would just take a little longer.

It doesn't matter who you give the warbanner to, if you had more magic items, on the slaan then you would give it to the TG as the war banner adds 25 pts to the slaan's magic item allowance.

I love the potential of the terradons to not only threaten war machines, but also to march block and to chase down fleeing units, I would recommend keeping them.

snikkity_hiss
13-09-2009, 08:02
one thing you should think about is bane head... the slann is the only one whos attacks do double wounds so.. id suggest replacing it with the blood stat or rod of storm in addition to a musician somewhere

Necromancy Black
13-09-2009, 09:12
one thing you should think about is bane head... the slann is the only one whos attacks do double wounds so.. id suggest replacing it with the blood stat or rod of storm in addition to a musician somewhere

Dear god no. The best place for Banehead is on the model that's going to be sending all the spells at the enemy. Rule of Buring Iron or Steal Soul make Banehead one of the deadliest items in game.

However, get a Battle Standard onto that Slann. I'd even dropped the Cupped Hands for it.