PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Stupididty

Maoriboy007
08-09-2009, 22:55
When a vampire goes stupid, does the unit move at half the stupid models speed (3 inch) or half the units speed (2 Inch)?

xragg
08-09-2009, 23:00
When a character fails a stupidity check, the whole unit suffers from stupidity that turn. The unit will move forward half of whichever model has the lowest movement in the unit.

spiderfat451
08-09-2009, 23:16
was that an intended typo in the thread title? :rolleyes:

T10
09-09-2009, 06:32
was that an intended typo in the thread title? :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that typos are signs of stupidity?

-T10

Condottiere
09-09-2009, 06:36
Only if a Vampire is typing.

Classical Mushroom
09-09-2009, 06:53
Only if a Vampire is typing.

Its the nails their just to pointy to type with :p

Xragg hit the nail on the head buddy :)

Shadowfax
09-09-2009, 08:13
My Dreadlance/Red Fury Vampire Lord went stupid on turn 6 of my most recent game, preventing him from turning his lordly counterpart in the opposing Bretonnian force into a fine mist of blood, and giving me the win instead of a draw.

But I like the Crown anyway, for all it's flaws. Both useful and characterful.

Classical Mushroom
09-09-2009, 08:27
My Dreadlance/Red Fury Vampire Lord went stupid on turn 6 of my most recent game, preventing him from turning his lordly counterpart in the opposing Bretonnian force into a fine mist of blood, and giving me the win instead of a draw.

Gotta love it when that happens always gets a few laughs :)

EvC
09-09-2009, 12:08
I love that there are people out there who think it's notable that they have failed a stupidity test at an inopportunte time!

T10
09-09-2009, 13:30
I failed an armour save not 15 minutes into my last game. My opponent didn't even flinch.

-T10

N810
09-09-2009, 13:58
Also you can't cast if you are stupid.

Shadowfax
09-09-2009, 19:17
I love that there are people out there who think it's notable that they have failed a stupidity test at an inopportunte time!
It is notable when the lone failed stupidity test is an easily demarcated line between victory and stalemate...

Maoriboy007
09-09-2009, 19:57
Are you suggesting that typos are signs of stupidity?

-T10

Whoops, forgot to take the crown off before I posted :o

Maoriboy007
09-09-2009, 20:00

Try turning stupid just after your opponant has cast wall of fire (IF) on your crown bearer and his unit , now walk slowly through the flames......

Nurgling Chieftain
09-09-2009, 20:27
It is notable when the lone failed stupidity test is an easily demarcated line between victory and stalemate...Bah. Call me back when you've had 4 consecutive "Squabble" results for the same unit make the difference between victory and defeat. ;)

xragg
09-09-2009, 21:27
Three round tourney, 2nd game, my 3rd turn (all my charges ready to assualt):

My cold one chariot, knights, a deckout blackguard led by my BSB on a cold one all failed there stupidity checks on ld9. Also the same turn, my hydra did manage to charge but was broken (failed 2x with BSB close) when it whiffed on its attacks (1 wound) losing to combat res by 1 (halbadiers I think). Lokhir just dropped his head in embarassment for the "stupid" army he brought. A game I had well in hand suddenly turned VERY ugly. Luckily my opponent seeing all this disaster got extremely overconfident and charged everything he could at my blackguard. Not only did it have the usual ASF banner, it had my BSB and my general Lokhir. The BG broke everything and ran them down. Double victory points! I didnt fail another stupidity test that day, just that one turn. Luckily it was the same time my opponent failed his stupidity test too!

eyescrossed
10-09-2009, 06:38
Try turning stupid just after your opponant has cast wall of fire (IF) on your crown bearer and his unit , now walk slowly through the flames......

OUCH! That must sting the... I think you can guess.

T10
10-09-2009, 07:12
Whoops, forgot to take the crown off before I posted :o

: round of applause :

-T10

EvC
10-09-2009, 10:42
It is notable when the lone failed stupidity test is an easily demarcated line between victory and stalemate...

Nah. You just haven't played enough- it should cripple you and turn the game rather often, especially when you put it on such an important tooled-up character in such an important unit.

My best was when my Lady failed her stupidity test two turns in a row, whilst my Orcish opponent's Savage Orc Boar Boy Big Unz got a Waaagh and advanced just enough to be in range of the rear of my unit (whilst also surviving 4 magic phases worth of Curse of Years), destroying it utterly and causing my Lady to take 7 wounds from combat res... and I passed every last one of them! The Crown taketh and the Crown giveth- useful and characterful, exactly as you put it :D

hwd
10-09-2009, 11:18
Quick question, on a similar note,

My vampire with the 'stupid hat' is sat on a hellsteed. When she (for it is a woman vampire) goes all stupid do I move half the ground movement (4") or half the flying move (10") or the whole flying move (20")?

I guess it's not the latter but I dunno, it's never come up as I havent actually used her in a game yet...

hwd

nosferatu1001
10-09-2009, 11:36
Half ground movement. Flying movement is not your "Movement" value, which is what you move half of.

hwd
10-09-2009, 11:51
And now I know, and knowing is half the battle...

ta

hwd

nosferatu1001
10-09-2009, 12:08
The models too stupid to be aware of whats going on in the battle, so flapping its wings properly is far to complex an action :)