PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge back in...

The Rover
09-09-2009, 02:22
Hi all. After being away from the wargaming hobby and 40k for about 3 years now (yay, marriage...), I have decided to take the plunge back in... with a vengeance. I purchased the Assault on Black Reach box about 6 months ago and have been debating what to do... do I use one of the existing forces as a start or something else entirely? After a long thought out process and several codexes later, I decided on doing an Ork army, as it was one of three armies I had never played in 40k before.

Today I made the final call and purchased an Ork battleforce, a Nobz box, 2 Loota boxes, 4 boxes of boyz, a battlewagon, and a bunch of paint.

Oh and this little thing called a Stompa... he looks fun. Wish me luck, hehehe. Now I need to see if any of my old gaming buddies are still around, get things built, and start playing!

Shas'o Brightsword
09-09-2009, 02:52
welcome back!!!! even if your going to start another wagggg for me Dark Angels to repulse but still :D welcome!

HsojVvad
09-09-2009, 03:14
Welcome back. Good luck with the Orks, and have fun. I bought the orks, but since I suck at painting right now, I am trying out my DA and Tyranids first and hoping I get better so I can make my Orks look good.

MadHatter
09-09-2009, 06:45
Welcome back to the hobby community, it sounds like you have a good force going. You could Probably trade the marines with someone for their orks from the black reach set.
A suggestion for some more ork boyz and defcopters.