PDA

View Full Version : Sparta 30 take ish 2000pts

ChipMonk
09-09-2009, 02:11
Ok this is a funny army list but looks like it can work to a dregee.

Lord Prince Sigvald The Magnificent 425
Shield 0
Auric 0
Sliverslash 0

Hero Exalted Hero 110
Mark of Slaanesh 5
Fury of the Blood God 20
Sheild 5
Halberd 4

Hero Chaos Sorcerer 85
Mark of Slaanesh 5
Dispel Scroll 25
Dispel Scroll 25

Hero Wulfrik The Wanderer 185
Hand Weapon 0
Chaos Armour 0
Shield 0
Seafang 0

Special Chosen 30 540
Mark of Slaanesh 10
Shield 30
Champion 20
Standard 20

Core Marauders 20 80
Shield 20
Light Armour 20
Full Command 20

Core Marauders 20 80
Shield 20
Light Armour 20
Full Command 20

Core Marauder Horsemen 6 78
Shield 6
Throwing Spears 6
Musician 6

Rare Chaos Spawn 55

Rare Chaos Spawn 55

ChipMonk
09-09-2009, 02:17
any help or suggests would be great

The Red Scourge
09-09-2009, 10:16
Looks like you want to dump your models on the table, and hope that your opponent won't care to outmaneuver you - unless you roll a 12 on your chosen and can play a deathstar :)

WoC may lack tactical options in general, but this list lacks it in the extreme.

Gaargod
09-09-2009, 10:41
The necessary thing about chosen deathstars are the warshrines (usually of tzeentch). Make sure the champion has favour of the gods, and with 2 warshrines you're basically guaranteed by turn 2 to have the ward save. Generally i would say make them tzeentch and stick the exalted hero in there on a steed to give them fear immunity. Give the chosen halberds too, because then they can hit stuff hard OR save themselves from dying.

Lose one unit of marauders. Wulfrik leads one, which is fine, but the other is not useful. Lose the spawns too, and get some cav to give you at least SOME options.

ChipMonk
09-09-2009, 12:45
Lord Prince Sigvald The Magnificent , in the chosen which is 30 strong. i beleive that the chosen unit become stubborn and due to the will of chaos can re roll there leadership test anyway which is 10, so i dont think they will be running away. also due to the mark of slaanesh they immune to fear etc... but i could be no doubt wrong. So being out flanked hit in the rear only really helps me due to i wont be running but get more people to fight.

You are right tho that WoC do lack chocies that why i put in the spawns in as i havnt used them before. The marauders are in there just to be blocks to man and to make sure that i have the right amount of core.

Unuhexium
10-09-2009, 07:14
Isn't 30 Chosen in one unit a bit much? Your rank bonus stops at 20 or 24 guys depending on how you deploy them. It's nice to have some extra guys in the back to make sure you always get full SCR, but you don't need a full rank for that. Drop the spawns and a couple of guys from the Chosen and buy a warshrine. Atm you seem to have missed the whole idea of a Chosen deathstar. You'll need at least one shrine and probably two

The Will of Chaos does not allow you to reroll leadership tests specificly, only Panic tests. Give the Chosen MoT instead so you have a chance on a +3 wardsave.

ChipMonk
10-09-2009, 18:13
yeah 30 chosen in one unit is a bit much, just a little. but the aim is to play like 300 spatrans as i have made them myself very nice work if i say so my self.

but i will look at fitting in the warshires as you suggest. and drop the spawns as well. Thanks

And thanks again for the cleaning of the will fo the choas did think when i said it, it seems a bit over powered.

smokemeakipper
10-09-2009, 18:30
have you modeled chaos warriors to look like spartans? i would love to see a photo of them if you have. would be fun to play as a friendly once anyway!

ChipMonk
11-09-2009, 13:06
have you modeled chaos warriors to look like spartans? i would love to see a photo of them if you have. would be fun to play as a friendly once anyway!

Yeah i have when i get my camera working i will put some photos on them.