PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian RAF why so hated???

ChipMonk
09-09-2009, 02:13
Been in looking on line for what most people called the most hated army out there but i not new at warhammer but its one of my weaker games, and just Worried what is right and wrong with this army list

Bretonnian Lord 289 Pts
General; Lance; Heavy Armour; Grail Vow
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Tress of Isoulde
The Grail Shield
Royal Pegasus

Paladin Battle Standard Bearer 186 Pts
Heavy Armour; Battle Standard Bearer; Grail Vow
Virtue of Duty
War Banner
Royal Pegasus

Damsel of the Lady 125 Pts
Magic Level 1
Chalice of Malfleur
Dispel Scroll
Warhorse

Damsel of the Lady 130 Pts
Magic Level 1
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Warhorse

5 Knights of the Realm 120 Pts
Champion

5 Knights of the Realm 120 Pts
Champion

10 Peasant Bowmen Skirmishers 70 Pts
Longbow

4 Pegasus Knights 240 Pts
Champion, Standard

Champion, Standard

Champion, Standard

Champion, Standard

Total Army Cost: 2000

ChipMonk
09-09-2009, 02:18
any help or suggests would be great

Torr
10-09-2009, 06:31
Flying heavy cavalry with standards which characters can join. I'm pretty sure if the bloodthirster did not have flying it would be regarded very differently.

Infurion
10-09-2009, 07:05
Characters can't join flying units, even if they are flying themselves.

As for your armylist, This may have been the most hated army, but with the new books of DE, VC & DoC, I'd say there are alot more to worry about than the RAF. :)

oma
10-09-2009, 13:53
I have never felt that it is that good really. Its not like the pegasi have a chance against ranked up units with 5+ SCR. They dont take ranks, wont get many kills, and are far to valuable in the role they get. Say they get the flank of a 30 orc unit with regular orcs. Thats 180 points VS 240 points, and you probably wont be able to break them.

artyboy
10-09-2009, 15:07
Brets aren't that good period. This is one of their most viable builds, though. I'd put the BSB in a knight unit and give him the banner of the lady. He's pretty vulnerable and doesn't hit that hard by himself. I'd also run the knights in 3 ranks. Musicians are cheap and they're worth their price. You really want them with your pegasus. Don't be so dead set on keeping your blessing that you're not willing to flee with them to set up a charge. If you're going to take standards then you definitely want musicians. I'd drop the standards for musicians if I couldn't afford both.

Rockgut
10-09-2009, 16:52
They are very flexible units with a 360 charge arc, can hit fairly hard (including the flying horses) and have a decent armor save and a 5+/6+ ward save. That makes them very difficult to deal with.

AramilSairSianontel
10-09-2009, 17:07
I think it would be correct to say that it used to be one of the most hated army lists. Nowdays, things are much much different. It's like the steam tank- it was cheesy and hated when it came out but now, with new DE, DoC, and VC well rarely u see empire army making it without one-or even with one for that matter....

ChipMonk
11-09-2009, 13:11
As for your armylist, This may have been the most hated army, but with the new books of DE, VC & DoC, I'd say there are alot more to worry about than the RAF. :)

So why are this so good and why have they made the RAF rubbish.

cwang733t
11-09-2009, 14:01
It's a very annoying list. Your ability to deny where you get hit, take out other flyers, and force people to play outside their confort zone makes people very unhappy. For some armies, all they can do to combat that list is camp, which make a boring game. It's not the strongest list, but it can make people want to play gun lines against it.