PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts New to Empire

Zekonos
09-09-2009, 08:01
Hi, Im a Lizardmen player and I was looking for something with a bit more variety, and I've always prospected Empire. I'm not going to get rid of my Lizards, but I think that having a secondary army wouldn't be a bad idea. Anyway, heres the list:

Lord

General of the Empire + Armor of Meteoric Iron + Sword of Righteous Steel = 135

Heroes

Captain + Full Plate + BSB + Griffon Standard = 142

Battle Wizard + Level 2 + Dispel Scroll = 125

Core

Swordsmen x24 + Full Co. = 169
Detachment: Halberdiers x10 50
Detachment: Handgunners x10 80

Swordsmen x20 + Full Co. + War Banner = 170
Free Company x10 50
Archers x10 80

Spearmen x20 + Full Co. = 120
Detachment: Crossbowmen x10 80
Detachment: Handgunners x10 80

Knightly Order x8 + Full Co. = 224

Special

Greatswords x14 + Full Co. = 170

Great Cannon 100
Great Cannon 100

I'd also like know what Lores of magic would be good for this army, and If the different Knightly Orders have an effect on gameplay. (Knights of the White Wolf vs. Knights of the Blazing Sun)

Zekonos
10-09-2009, 14:58
Oh yeah, and for troop placement. I forgot about that when i posted.
Id stick the General with the Greatswords, The BSB with the 1st unit of swordsmen, and the wizards in different places depending on which lores i use.

The swordsmen w/ halberdiers would move up a bit with the handgunners still in range for the support fire ability, and they would shoot at oncoming foes as well. The 2nd swordsmen would move up with the Free Company with the archers acting as a screen against shooting. The spearmen would guard the hill with the artillery, with the crossbows and handgunners supporting them. I dont really know what to target with the Greatswords, but they would be supported by the knights.

Any feedback?

pick_me
10-09-2009, 15:39
Lord

General of the Empire + Armor of Meteoric Iron + Sword of Righteous Steel = 135

Heroes

Captain + Full Plate + BSB + Griffon Standard = 142

Battle Wizard + Level 1 + Dispel Scroll = 90

Core

Swordsmen x24 + Full Co. = 259
Detachment: Halberdiers x9
Detachment: Free Company x9

Swordsmen x24 + Full Co. + War Banner = 284

Spearmen x25 + Full Co. = 225
Detachment: Crossbowmen x5
Detachment: Handgunners x5

Huntsmen x10 = 100

Knightly Order x6 + Full Co. = 178

Special

Greatswords x20 + Full Co. = 230

Great Cannon 100

Rare

Hellblaster Volley Gun 110

Total: 1978

Use knights in rank of 6, use 9's in 3x3 formation

Spend remaining on a 20pt magic item, Power stone?

Lores are up to you. Change per game if you want.

Knightly order 2 main things, 1. wolfs use hammer not lances, 2. determines what templar you can use. Your not using one but reiksguard use kurt helborg other three have their own model.

Zekonos
10-09-2009, 18:24
Thanks!

So, should i keep my characters in the same units? Or should i put the General in the 2nd unit of Swordsmen? And should the Wizards go in diff. units, or just go it alone?

pick_me
10-09-2009, 19:49
I would put the BSB in the non-warbanner unit and the lord in the other so theres 25 in each unit.

Your tactics sounded reasonable. I dropped the gunners off the swords because i find they only will shoot the turn your charged otherwise the swords are moving up to attack as a offensive units and they are wasted.

Keep the the shooty on the spears beacause I also use them to turtle around my war machines and will always wait to take the charge. If you know you'll be on hills you can add a 2nd rank to the shooty otherwise your wasting point beacsue they are just going to shoot at a charge and then just sit. Hopefully the 10 shots will break the unit before they hit the spears or atleast will be widdled down.

If you want to free up some points drop a det from any of the units, after a few games you'll see where they work and don't. Also the war banner would be first to go for me.

The 3x3 helps save room in your deployment zone(which fills up fast) and still gives you a unit str of 5 to negate the enemies bonus. Plus they won't be killed as fast with only 3 to attack at a time.

Use the huntsmen to march block or their 360 view 30" range around your warmachines to protect against units coming in off the back edge later in the game.

I usually have my wizards just run around as support on their own unless they will be picked off.

I always got pissed at my greats for never killing anything but then realize they do tarpit the enemy units for 2-3 rounds, but if you have knights hit the flank it will help free them up a lot sooner. Your hammer and anvil.

Zekonos
17-09-2009, 23:54
Lord

General of the Empire + Warhorse w/ Barding + Full Plate + Shield + Sword of Righteous Steel + Holy Relic

Heroes
Captain + Full Plate + Warhorse w/ Barding + BSB + Griffon Standard

Battle Wizard + Level 2 + Rod of Power

Battle Wizard + Level 2 + Dispel Scrollx2

Core

Swordsmen x24 + Full Co. + Banner of Arcane Warding

Swordsmen x20 + Full Co.

Spearmen x20 + Full Co.
Detachment: Crossbowmen x6
Detachment: Handgunners x6

Knightly Order x6 + Preceptor & Musician

Special

Greatswords x18 + Full Co.

Pistoliers x5 + Full Co.

Great Cannon

Rare
Helblaster Volley Gun

ivrg
19-09-2009, 10:25
General of the empire is cheap but isnt good at all. Use arch lector or grand master. Your strength is not alot of infantery. Your inf is going to get killed against armies with better infatery. HE,DE , WOC, WE etc.

I played alot against an emire player with my WE and always won. WE really love meeting armies with alot of M4 inf.

Imo stregth of the empire is warmachines, pistoliers, knights, steam tank and warrior preists. I would skip greatswords as they are insanely expensive(in money) and not that good. No need for full command group ion pistoliers, all they need is a champion and musician. Spearmen is useless compared to swrdsmen. If i was playing empire i would only go for swordsmen.

Banner of arcane warding on a unit of swordsmen? why? let them take casualties. They are cheap.

And bring 2 cannons at least. Because with them you can kill monsters and the enemies warmachines.