PDA

View Full Version : Segmentum Pacificus

Nicha11
09-09-2009, 11:17
I'm looking for info on the Segmentum pacificus.

More specifically the area around M35.

Famous worlds?

Space Marine Chapters?

Forge Worlds?

Imperial Guard Regiments?

Ork?

Thanks in advance:D

grissom2006
09-09-2009, 11:47
SM White Consuls are in that sector.

Macharia is listed in that sector so Marcharius's homeworld regiments just need a naming

Sikkukkut
09-09-2009, 12:14
This is just off the top of the head, there'll probably be more to come once people start opening books. But here's a start.

Famous worlds?

Most of the notable worlds in Pacificus have a religious significance. Ophelia is the home of one of the Convents of the Adepta Sororitas, I think the Convent Prioris, and as such fully half of the main Orders Militant, Hospitaller and Dialogous are run from there. Gathalamor was the world from which the apostate Cardinal Bucharis launched his Plague of Unbelief during the Age of Apostasy; Chiros is the world from which his nemesis Confessor Dolan came. I seem to recall both are very holy places for the Imperium today.

Hydraphur is the Battlefleet Pacificus headquarters, and some of the newer background apparently hints that it's also the Segmentum capital.

Lord Macharius launched his crusade through the Pacificus, so Macharia should be in there as well.

The Sabbat Worlds cluster is located at the northern border of the Segmentum, where it laps over into the Segmentum Obscuras.

Space Marine Chapters?

The Iron Snakes and (I think) the White Consuls both fought in the Sabbat Worlds Crusade, which indicates they're either in the Segmentum or close enough to commit decent resources to a war there.

Forge Worlds?

Can't help you on that one, sorry.

Imperial Guard Regiments?

Given the Sabbat World Crusade above, you've got the Tanith First-and-Only, the Jantine Patricians, Narmenian and Pardus armour regiments, the Roane Deepers and the Phantine air force and drop troopers. I was going to add the Vitrian Dragoons as well, but I'm not sure, Vitria might be in the Obscuras.

Ork?

Okay, I gave in and looked at the books for this one. If I'm reading the map right, Pacificus has Waaagh!-Wazdakka and the turf of the Arch-Maniac of Calverna.

Askil the Undecided
09-09-2009, 12:34
Here this might help. 40k Starmap (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B3RTU09Q)

Crazy Ivan
09-09-2009, 22:54
Problem is though, if you're looking for Segmentum Pacificus fluff for M35, that there isn't really that much to go on. The Age of Apostasy and the Plague of Unbelief were in M36; the Macharian Crusade and the Sabbat Worlds Crusade were in M41.

The only thing can think of really is plante Hydraphur, Battlefleet Pacificus Headquarters and Segmentum capital (I thought that was a given; Capital and Battfleet HQ seem to be the same planet in all Segmentums.)

I'd say the "Silent Segmentum" isn't badly named, anyway... :p

Idaan
10-09-2009, 08:33
I thought that was a given; Capital and Battfleet HQ seem to be the same planet in all Segmentums.)The Battlefleet HQ of Segmentum Solar is Mars, while the capital is, well... Terra ;)

Nicha11
10-09-2009, 08:45
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess it is called the Segmentum Pacificus for a reason.

Crazy Ivan
10-09-2009, 11:53
The Battlefleet HQ of Segmentum Solar is Mars, while the capital is, well... Terra ;)

Good point, but I thought Mars was the capital of Segmentum Solar and Terra was 'only' the capital of the Imperium. But I might be wrong, of course.