PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Empire; No Tank, no Altar

Poseidal
09-09-2009, 12:33
I've been thinking of reviving my Empire, I don't really feel like getting the Steam Tank or Altar, and I like the Grand Master, here is the list I'm thinking of:

Templer Grand Master, Laurels of Victory, Holy Relic, @ 245

Warrior Priest, Barded Horse, Heavy Armour + Shield, Aldred's Casket @ 145

Warrior Priest, Gt. Weapon, Heavy Armour + Shield, Doomfire Ring @ 130

Battle Wiz, Level 2, 2 Scroll @ 150

25 Swordmen, full command @ 175
Detach: 9 Free Company @ 45

25 spearmen, full command @ 170

10 Handgunners @ 80

7 Knights Inner Circle, Full Command, Warbanner @ 247

7 Knights Inner Circle, Full Command, Banner of Arcane Warding @ 247

10 Pistoliers, Full Command, Repeater Pistol @ 104

1 Cannon @ 100

1 Helblaster @ 110

Should I lean more heavily on the Cavalry, or change unit sizes at all? I have a few more missile troops as well, I can add.

Any comments welcome.

Jind_Singh
09-09-2009, 16:48
I've been thinking of reviving my Empire, I don't really feel like getting the Steam Tank or Altar, and I like the Grand Master, here is the list I'm thinking of:

Templer Grand Master, Laurels of Victory, Holy Relic, @ 245

Warrior Priest, Barded Horse, Heavy Armour + Shield, Aldred's Casket @ 145

Warrior Priest, Gt. Weapon, Heavy Armour + Shield, Doomfire Ring @ 130
I would like to see Von Horstmans Speculam - just incase you face an ugly foe! It can be on any of the priests
Battle Wiz, Level 2, 2 Scroll @ 150

25 Swordmen, full command @ 175

25 spearmen, full command @ 170

10 Handgunners @ 80

7 Knights Inner Circle, Full Command, Warbanner @ 247

7 Knights Inner Circle, Full Command, Banner of Arcane Warding @ 247
heres the issue - inner circle is nice for str 6 charges but your paying 42 points for both units. Those 42 points, IMO, are better spent on more handgunners/crossbows and add them as detachments to the 10 handgunners unit.
10 Pistoliers, Full Command, Repeater Pistol @ 104
nooo! take them in 2 units of 5!!!! 10 is overkill, wont be effective as the size of the unit will prevent you from shooting all 10. Besides, when you lose 2 they take a panic test - wether they are 5 strong or 10 strong, so might as well keep them in 2 units of 5. Also adds more tactical options to deployment, you can now harrass two flanks - or send them both down 1 flank - your call
1 Cannon @ 100

1 Helblaster @ 110

Should I lean more heavily on the Cavalry, or change unit sizes at all? I have a few more missile troops as well, I can add.

Any comments welcome.

Welcome to the Empire! Well overall the concept is good but if you forgoe the STANK/WALTER combos you need to think about ways to increase your presence on the battlefield.
I would personally swap the hellblaster for another great cannon - that way if you ever face someone with a monstor/greater deamon then you have more chances of shooting it down.
Unit size is ok overall, maybe consider dropping the knights down to 6 strong v's 7 which adds another 46pts to your pot - more missle troops!

The Red Scourge
09-09-2009, 17:20
I second the great cannon, I suggest downgrading a unit of kniggits to core to get the special slot.

Also I disagree with Jind_Singh, you need those S6 attacks to deal with stuff such as Chaos Knights.

And DO get the VHS. You have so little cheese in this list, I'm not even sure it borders milk, so anything that can help you against all the nastiness out there :)

BTW 10? pistoliers @ 104 points? isn't that unit a little big or just too cheap? ;)

Poseidal
09-09-2009, 17:25
It should be 5 pistoliers! I was probably thinking I would like to have 10 (models).