PDA

View Full Version : Metal Terminator Captains

Doppleskanger
09-09-2009, 23:19
So I was looking through the '08 catalogue today for terminator captains as I need one model to complete a fifth squad of deathwing.
I saw two models, that would do the trick a metal Terminator captain and a metal Deathwing Terminator Captain.
Does anyone know how these models are size wise compared to the current plastic terminators? Are they the same size or a bit smaller?

chromedog
09-09-2009, 23:24
Is the metal terminator captain the one swinging a huge sword ? Then he scales fine to the current plastic terminators.
The Deathwing one is the older metal one, back when the termies were smaller.

Imperius
09-09-2009, 23:34
It is exactly the same as the Assault On Black Reach Terminator Captain.

Doppleskanger
09-09-2009, 23:37
cheers guys, yeah I figured the deathwing one might be a little small (not the prettiest model either!). So the normal one it is then.

Urath
09-09-2009, 23:41
The regular "Terminator Captain" is smaller than current Terminators. The Deathwing Sergeant I have no experience with, but he looks cool.

Edit: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240680_99060101111_SMTermCaptainmain_873x627.jpg
That guy is smaller than current Terminators. A friend of mine bought him for his Blood Angels and he comes up small. Smaller than a Tactical Marine even.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240690_99060101140_Deathwingsrgmain_873x627.jpg
The details on his grieves are nice.

Argastes
09-09-2009, 23:42
Actually I think you will find that the current metal terminator captain (the one pointing a storm bolter with a big power sword in his other hand) is also a bit undersized compared to the plastic terminators.

It is exactly the same as the Assault On Black Reach Terminator Captain.

??? There's no such model....

Urath
09-09-2009, 23:47
Actually I think you will find that the current metal terminator captain (the one pointing a storm bolter with a big power sword in his other hand) is also a bit undersized compared to the plastic terminators.

??? There's no such model....

Argastes my friend, you had exactly the same reaction as I did.

Argastes
09-09-2009, 23:52
:)

Now that I see what model was referred to, I can say from experience that the metal Deathwing Sergeant is also noticeably smaller than the current plastic terminators (he's the same size as all the other old metal terminators). It's a shame in both cases because the metal DW sergeant and the metal termie captain are both very cool models.