PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a new army

Ryan814
09-09-2009, 23:29
Hello all,

I ve played Tau for the better part of 2 years and have 2250 points worth (all the models I own) painted. I'm thinking to branch out and start a new army and was wondering if anyone could suggest to me an army that is fun to both build and play. I like units with special abilities specifically and to me the fluff factor of an army is also very important. I've played a few ideas in my head like Iron Warriors so far but don't really have a concrete idea in my head. Thanks for reading any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Stormbrow II
09-09-2009, 23:32
The Wolves are out next month...

Go with whatever you like the look of. That's something I've stuck with over the past number of years and it's served me well. That, and having a plan for how you're going to paint your scheme quickly before you start tearing into your army. I still weep at how long it took me to do red and white High Elves: both colours required 5 coats before it looked decent.

Shadowlance
10-09-2009, 13:33
Guardsmen

...so much cheese...:D

Petay1985
10-09-2009, 14:13
Chaos space marine amry, specifically Khorne, will play very differently from your Tau as would a Codex Space Marine army...

primarch16
10-09-2009, 14:21
Chaos Daemons would be totally different too you're Tau, and though they are quite random they are lots of fun to play with and have some killer units. Its also a great army to model and paint with so much freedom with converting and painting.

Too me they are a cross between orks randomness and the eldars elite units.

Ryan814
10-09-2009, 15:16
Thanks for the suggestions I own the demons and space marines codex they both seem interesting, i actually looked into guardsman but i don't think its what i'm looking for exactly although the orders system is pretty cool. An army I've never played against ever is Eldar anyone know much about them in regards to building an army and customization options.

Lord Asuryan
10-09-2009, 16:06
Eldar are great-tons of viable options, only 1 or two bad units. they're really specialized, they say, and they are, but they also have great multipurpose units (scorpions, avengers, wraithlords etc.) lots of great builds. I play a balanced biel-tan army (loads of aspect warriors) but I also think that a saim-han (loads of jetbikes/fast stuff) would be fun,though trickier to play due to low model count. it's a very well-done dex.