PDA

View Full Version : Empire Themed VC Army

FluidSpace
10-09-2009, 00:04
So I have been thinking about starting a VC army. But I wanted to do something a little different a make a VC army that looked like it was raised from empire units. So I purchased some zombie and state troop bits off line and tried to combined them.. That didnt really work all that well or even look all that good. So now I am at kind of a stand still. I would really like to make this theme work but am unsure of the best way to go about it.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

10-09-2009, 00:32
Hey friend, aren't you in the wrong pew? WFB discussions are about 6 inches higher on the index!

Move thread, pretty please. :)

badgeraddict
10-09-2009, 09:57
Agreed.

Unless you're planning on using LOTR models?

hwd
10-09-2009, 11:48
There are alot of armies that have been done in this way and I think what really pulls them, together is the paint job and a decent spread of bits?
Paint-job wise, paint them all the same but really dirty up the uniform alot so they look old and more than a bit scabby

I'd try painting a few up and see if they look better then..?

Modelling wise...
Do the empire bodies and legs come separate? If not try cutting them in half so you can have each model as being half and half empire-zombie...
Another popular option is to hollow out helmets and shave down zombie heads until you can get the helmet on the zombie.

Hope I have been of help?