PDA

View Full Version : drop pods

tau_caste
10-09-2009, 02:06
ive been wondering about this for a while (and im sorry if its been answered before, searched for it and found nothing that answered my question)

What happens with the drop pods after a drop? if they survive the fighting, do they get picked up afterwards? or are they left where they fell and new ones are made? ive never seen anything about this and it struck me when reading fallen angels.. if they didnt recover them then there would be ALOT of drop pods lying around on the ground!

Lord Malice
10-09-2009, 02:45
Although talking specifically about Deathwind drop pods, Imperial Armour states, 'Those pods that survive the battle will be recovered by the Chapter's Techmarines and rearmed ready for the next attack.' I would say this would apply to any other drop pods which will be recovered and repaired or salvaged where possible.

Argastes
10-09-2009, 02:52
Yeah, I'd expect they are gathered up and loaded onto heavy-lift shuttles of some sort (maybe similar to the big Marine Landing Craft we see in Epic) for return to the Chapter warships in orbit.

chromedog
10-09-2009, 03:59
Imperial Armour (Vol2) mentions that pods are recovered by specially modified Thunderhawk transporters (they have different racks for pods or tanks) for repair/refurb.

Jackmojo
10-09-2009, 08:58
Drop Pods fall into the sort of middle category of military materiel, whereby they are expended as necessary but recovered when possible.

Common modern examples would include magazines and external fuel tanks; armies don't mind losing them, but they make a reasonable effort to recover them otherwise.

Jack