PDA

View Full Version : What was the reason for the recent price increase?

Imperius
10-09-2009, 03:31
I havent bought much recently other than planetstrike stuff and 1.7k Black Templars from some old crappy store, so I haven't noticed before...
But holy crap weren't all those prices lower a month or two ago?

Was there reasoning beinhd this or did GW just increase their price for the hell of it?
10 man I.G. squads being $26.50CAD ??
5 man I.G. squads being $12CAD???????????
10 man Space marines being $42?CAD????
Vehicles being priced at $70CAD?????

-Thanks in advance.

rb.uhs
10-09-2009, 03:33
It's Games Workshop - they don't need a reason.

I still remember when your standard regiment box was $35AUS

rb.uhs
10-09-2009, 03:34
And yes, prices did go up.

HunterSkunter
10-09-2009, 03:35
But its been more than a month or 2, its been this price around here for me since the beginning of 09.

Imperius
10-09-2009, 03:56
Wow really? I swear that in January prices were still the same.

kazkal
10-09-2009, 04:16
You don't ask questions you bend over and you let GW have its way with you...
It's how the Hobby works from what I hear....

HunterSkunter
10-09-2009, 04:23
Wow really? I swear that in January prices were still the same.

The only reason I know is because they were raised at LEAST during December 08, because thats when I got most of my Vampire Counts army at the upped price.

Corrode
10-09-2009, 04:34
There was a price increase on June 1st, mostly affecting boxes of plastic infantry and vehicles I believe.

starlight
10-09-2009, 04:37
Was there reasoning beinhd this or did GW just increase their price for the hell of it?

You must be new to GW... :(

Oh and...it's because enough people keep buying at the higher prices to make up for the ones who get priced out...:(

Imperius
10-09-2009, 04:44
I started warhammering in December, for Christmas.

starlight
10-09-2009, 04:54
GW's product can drain your wallet if you aren't careful... :( Prices increase about once a year, but not everything goes up at once. Slow sellers sometimes see reductions, but it isn't often. :(

gc-minis.com has a decent discount, thewarstore.com is US, but the price differences can outweigh the currency disadvantages and lesser discount. Otherwise Warseer is full of ideas for cutting costs. :)

PS - I know a painter over here on the Island who had her Warmaster armies banned from the local GW store...for being better than the Staff *40K* armies...including her hubby's. :eek: She's pretty darned good. :) I have her doing a dozen figs for me when they finally arrive from the mini company. If you want I'll pass on your commission interest and you two can chat. :)

massey
10-09-2009, 05:05
They wanted more money. :D

PS - I know a painter over here on the Island who had her Warmaster armies banned from the local GW store...for being better than the Staff *40K* armies...including her hubby's. :eek: She's pretty darned good. :) I have her doing a dozen figs for me when they finally arrive from the mini company. If you want I'll pass on your commission interest and you two can chat. :)

Wait, they banned her army because it was painted well??? :wtf: That's new.

starlight
10-09-2009, 05:12
No, not because it was simply painted well, but because it was *Warmaster* scale and painted better than the staff 40K armies!

Talk about embarrassing...especially when it's the Manager's wife... :angel:

CrownAxe
10-09-2009, 05:15
Probably to off set inflation

starlight
10-09-2009, 05:20
Erm, no. GW's increases tend to outpace inflation at least 2:1 over time... :(

GW increases prices for one reason and one reason only - because they can do it and people keep buying enough to keep GW afloat.

However we have a place to discuss GW and their pricing policies if that interests you...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209297

Penitent Engine
10-09-2009, 05:21
Price of fuel? Not oil, because that recently went down to what it was in early '08 over here, and petrol didn't change at all :mad:
What about the "GFC"?

starlight
10-09-2009, 05:28
*points to Linky to other Thread...* :eyebrows:

shabbadoo
10-09-2009, 05:45
What was the reason for the recent price increase?

To maintain their expected profit margin due to rising production costs, but more so to keep the stock holders happy(of course), and have additional funding to invest in technology(oh, and to have molds tooled in China which saves money too). Kind of a "Duh?" question.

starlight
10-09-2009, 05:49
Due to illiteracy or inability to follow directions... :(

Thread Closed. Please restrict discussions on GW's pricing to the aforementioned Thread.

starlight
The Warseer Inquisition