PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Nurgle WoC (infantry heavy, character heavy)

Babbey
10-09-2009, 04:28
Just looking for a bit of input on my first WoC list;

Sorcerer Lord; Mark of Nurgle, level 4, Palanquin, Conjoined Homunculus, Blasphemous Amulet, warrior familiar, 2xdispel scroll
455pts

Sorcerer: Mark of Nurgle, Level 2, Infernal Puppet
175pts

Sorcerer; Mark of Nurgle, Level 2, Skull of Katam
190pts

Exalted Hero; Mark of Nurgle, Battle Standard Bearer, Filth Mace, Enchanted Shield
205pts

5xChaos Hounds
30pts

5xChaos hounds
30pts

5xChaos hounds
30pts

5xChaos hounds
30pts

23xMarauders; Light armor, Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician
150pts

20xMarauders; Light armor, Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician
132pts

12xChosen; Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Full Command, Champion w/Favor of the Gods
313pts

5xChaos Knights; Mark of Nurgle Standard Bearer, Musician
260pts

Warshrine
130pts

2xChaos Spawn
110pts

I'm essentially looking for something fluffy and fun, but competitive in a friendly setting. My theme, obviously, is a nurgle army. I'm not willing to put the Mark of Slaanesh on the maurauders, or make the sorcerer lord into a lord of tzeentch..Mark of nurgle or no mark only in this army.

I am open to all other input! The basic idea is to dominate the table int he magic phase and still hit hard in combat. The Sorcerer Lord and Katam Sorcerer will be in a unit of marauders; the Lord is kitted to give quite a punch in combat to support the marauders if (rather, "when") combat comes his way. The other sorcerer and the exalted BSB will be in the second marauder group. The idea is the fear from the Lord and inevitable Terror from the BSB will help those marauders be a bit less lackluster.

Thoughts? opinions?

complexfire
10-09-2009, 23:30
I kinda like it.. However you are missing a core choice. Hounds don't count toward min core and at 2250 you need three..

Go for it

Time of Madness
10-09-2009, 23:37
I'd drop the level 2 with the Katam and take Fetus Leechlord. He is a level 2 nurgle magic user and also buffs the unit he is with.

The exalted hero (bsb) is kind of a waste in my opinion. I'd drop him and get a small unit of nurgle chaos warriors for your last core spot.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness

Babbey
11-09-2009, 06:20
Ah shucks. Good catch...I've been playing to much 40k, which explains my two-core slot mistake.

The only way I really see myself being able to squeeze another chunk of core troops in is by dropping that BSB...I like him quite a bit though! Can I ask why you find him a waste, Madness? With a battle-standard and inevitable terror, i think he makes a rather sad unit (marauders) into a pretty decent unit. He is, however, pretty damn expensive..

As for Festus, I'm just not a fan of special characters. With three sorcerers, I'm sure I'll be able to get the Regen spell off in the marauder units.

So, besides dropping the Chosen down to regular warriors, what options do you think I have for squeezing in a third core? Should I just do away with the BSB? The way I see it, if I get rid of the BSB (Which essentially makes that second large chunk of marauders decent) I should just go ahead and split that unit of marauders into two small chunks w/ greatweapons.

What if I went ahead and split the seocnd unit of marauders into 2 units of 12, and kept the battle standard bearer..Mounted him, and threw him in with the knights? I really think, in an army with a large block of maraders that's intended to stay around for awhile, a BSB is needed.

Opinions?

Ah, and thanks for the input so far, all.

Babbey
12-09-2009, 21:13
Alright, went and tweaked the list around a bit, and was able to squeeze in two more core choices while maintaining the same theme/feel.

Sorcerer Lord; Mark of Nurgle, level 4, Palanquin, Conjoined Homunculus, Blasphemous Amulet, warrior familiar
405pts

175pts

Sorcerer; Mark of Nurgle, Level 2, Skull of Katam
190pts

Exalted Hero; Mark of Nurgle, Battle Standard Bearer, Filth Mace, Shield
195pts

5xChaos Hounds
30pts

5xChaos hounds
30pts

5xChaos hounds
30pts

10xMarauders; Great Weapons
50pts

50pts

23xMarauders; Light armor, Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician
150pts

132pts

313pts

5xChaos Knights; Mark of Nurgle Standard Bearer, Musician
260pts

Warshrine
130pts

2xChaos Spawn
110pts

I ended up dropping a hound unit, and scrapping the dispel scrolls in orer to fit in the two small marauder units with great weapons. Seeing as these will be used as sceens/mini hitters anyways, the drop from 4 dog units to 3 won't hurt much. The lack of dispell scrolls *Should* be ok as well, as I have 8 levels of magic and access to a character-sniping spell..Plenty of dispel dice and opportunity to take out casters.

I did end up keeping the exalted, as I feel a BSB is nearly essential in this type of army.

Thoughts?

Torr
13-09-2009, 10:42
I'm not a fan of marauders on foot, they just die too fast, even in large blocks. You have a friendly looking list I think, nothing there that says OTT. Nurgle is truly killer against dwarves, temple guard, stegs and a few other things. Some people might complain about buboes spam though.

Babbey
17-09-2009, 19:48
Marauders on foot do generally die quickly, the idea here is to boost their ability with added characters; the sorcerer lord and the BSB. I've tweaked the list a bit more to push that idea even further;

Sorcerer Lord; Mark of Nurgle, level 4, Palanquin, Conjoined Homunculus, Blasphemous Amulet, Book of Secrets
410pts

175pts

Sorcerer; Mark of Nurgle, Level 2
140pts

Exalted Hero; Mark of Nurgle, Battle Standard Bearer w/ Festering Shroud, Palanquin, Flail, Shield
239pts

5xChaos Hounds
30pts

5xChaos hounds
30pts

50pts

50pts

132pts

132pts

313pts

6xChaos Knights; Mark of Nurgle, Standard Bearer, Musician
300pts

Warshrine
130pts

2xChaos Spawn
110pts

95 models, 2241 pts

I went ahead and dropped yet another unit of hounds; with most of the army being on foot, the hounds really only need to screen/keep up with the knights; two units sohuld be enough. The two large marauder units on foot will have a palanquin character each and a sorcerer in each. With the large front base on the palanquin and each with festering shroud/ blasphemous amulet(essentially the same item), they should inflict a fair amount of damage in that sense; add to it the fear, extra nurgling attacks and ranks, and I think the unit will do quite alright.

My only problem is an extra 9 points leftover..I hate having unused points and i hate just tacking on an extra model in a unit. and ideas on how to juggle the point values and make that 9points into something worthwhile?