PDA

View Full Version : Force Weapons

NightrawenII
10-09-2009, 09:48
Ok. I have this in my head for a while. But I want hear you thoughts on the subject.

With the bloody Eternal Warrior USR nearly everthing is immune to their special abillity, so simply instead *slain outright* the owning player will be declaring what type of weapon he want to use and then roll for psychic test.->

failed psychic test:
normal ccw, the psychic power is simly gone.

passed psychic test:
Lightning claw - any re-roll to wound, no +1A; the blade is sharpen by users will so it slice through everything.
Power fist - 2xS, I1, no +1A; the user acumulate huge amount of raw psychic energy into blade (I1), if he hit something this energy is released (2xS)
Master-crafted weapon - power weapon, one re-roll to hit, +1A; the blade become much easier to use.

dunno about relic or poisoned blade.

Flypaper
10-09-2009, 11:03
Sure, but then the next army will come out with the "Eternal Toy-Breaker" special rule, which will prevent any special weapons fielded by opponents within 12" from working. :angel:

...All in all, you're better off just sitting the Eternal Warrior fad out. We'll probably see like one EW Special Character per book* for the next couple of releases, and then GW will get distracted by something shiny and we'll never hear from them again.

(if you're looking for balance feedback, then I'd have to say you've got way too many modes. Cut it down to two, tops.)

*Yes, I am aware of the Saga of the Bear rumour

jams86
10-09-2009, 11:27
just out of curiosity, who else apart from calgar and the phoenix lords has eternal warrior?

Petay1985
10-09-2009, 11:27
I like the force weapons and find it particularly effective even with the increase in 'eternal warriors' it still has a place in most battles, i say keep it as it is!!

Your weapon rules however would be interesting on a chapter character who was a revered artificer or the like, a salamander perhaps?...

EDIT: @jams86 - eternal warrior: Commander Carab Culln, Lucius the Eternal (IIRC?), Abbadon? erm....?? help anyone??

grissom2006
10-09-2009, 11:52
Lysander for another one.

Got agree i see the whole EW as a complete fad that will grow old and tired before to long. Special Characters are becoming for to common a sight and EW's tend to make up the greater portion of th ones i see in games. I just pummel as many shots into them as i can. For me a Special Character isn't one if every single army can have it.

Love Force Weapons thought and Nemesis Force Weapons even more.

eyescrossed
10-09-2009, 11:58
All Daemons, 'nids in Synapse range, Ghazkull (I know I've spelt it wrong), Lysander, Abaddon, Yarrick (IIRC) and I know there are some other ones...

Kurisu313
10-09-2009, 12:00
just out of curiosity, who else apart from calgar and the phoenix lords has eternal warrior?

Lysander, Daemon Princes, All Daemons, Tyranids in Synapse Range, Abbadon, All Gargantuan Creatures (but that ones fair), Yarrick, basically most things worth killing.