PDA

View Full Version : Landspeeder with MM or scout's with ML and Sniper rifflies

CommissarGuard
10-09-2009, 11:06
Hi all
I am aiming to have a battle with a tau player later today and i cant decide if i should take my landspeeder or scouts.

The scouts are armed with 4 sniper rifflies, a ML and the rest have bolt pistols with a combat blade.

any advice would be great
thanks in advance

Maynard
10-09-2009, 11:06
What kind of Tau army is it and what AT do you have already?

grissom2006
10-09-2009, 11:10
Snipers any day the Land Speeder is a flying brick when you take into account the Tau are firing S5 weapons at it.

Petay1985
10-09-2009, 11:23
Snipers any day the Land Speeder is a flying brick when you take into account the Tau are firing S5 weapons at it.

Agreed, any Tau commander worth his salt will use his devilfish and firewarriors (S5 weapons) to out manouvre & protect against landspeeders, let alone his battle suits....

....Scout snipers win every time for me!!

Kurisu313
10-09-2009, 11:25
Are 'rifflies' anything like rifles? :P

I like landspeeders with MM, they are good at busting vehicles.

However, the Tau will quickly drop it.

Also, Fire Warriors are a candidate for pinning, so give the scouts a go, I think they will work better.

CommissarGuard
10-09-2009, 12:20
What kind of Tau army is it and what AT do you have already?

I have got dev's with 4 ML's, a tac with LC, dred with TLLC and ML and pred with LC's and AC

The tau players use's 2 broadsides plus infentry mainly crisis and fire warriors he also has a vaspid team and a kroot plus a develfish

he also has other tanks he hasnt put on the field in the past 3 battles

mdauben
10-09-2009, 13:50
Hmmm... if you are facing a mech Tau army, the MM LS isn't a bad choice, as he will have lots of vehicles to pop, although if you are just giving your LS one weapon you might consider Bikes w/MG or Attack Bikes w/MM instead, as then to be a bit more survivable (IMO the main advantage of the LW is the option for two weapons).

On the other hand, if he is playing with lots of foot infantry (Fire Warriors and Kroot), a LS with HB, HF or AC might be a better choice. The scouts are not a bad choice here, either.

Just a general hint, as a Tau player I love shooty SM. In my experience, a properly constructed and run Tau list can out shoot anyone in the game. We also have access to lots of AP1 weapons so tanks don't scare me much, either. As a Tau commander what I fear most are fast moving close combat troops (Assault Marines and Bikes in the SM list). Their speed alows them to close to assault range before I can cut them down with my shooting, and once they are in close combat I am hosed, since even Kroot (the best close combat troops in my list) suck against SM.

BigBadBull
10-09-2009, 16:57
Hmmm... if you are facing a mech Tau army, the MM LS isn't a bad choice, as he will have lots of vehicles to pop, although if you are just giving your LS one weapon you might consider Bikes w/MG or Attack Bikes w/MM instead, as then to be a bit more survivable (IMO the main advantage of the LW is the option for two weapons).

On the other hand, if he is playing with lots of foot infantry (Fire Warriors and Kroot), a LS with HB, HF or AC might be a better choice. The scouts are not a bad choice here, either.

Just a general hint, as a Tau player I love shooty SM. In my experience, a properly constructed and run Tau list can out shoot anyone in the game. We also have access to lots of AP1 weapons so tanks don't scare me much, either. As a Tau commander what I fear most are fast moving close combat troops (Assault Marines and Bikes in the SM list). Their speed alows them to close to assault range before I can cut them down with my shooting, and once they are in close combat I am hosed, since even Kroot (the best close combat troops in my list) suck against SM.

Ditto here
When I lived inAtl, I saw tons of MEQ armys , and playing Tau then I would run Sniper drones and Hamerheads.. all the other troops were mobile , and The piranhas would flank and tank bust... Shooty marines , or Drop pod marines did not stand a chance. Bikes and Assault marines with LRC's were not some thing I 'liked seeing.

The marines would concentrate on the hammer heads, and every thing else would just whittle away or out range the forces...