PDA

View Full Version : Night goblin netter - multiple units

Emud
10-09-2009, 12:35
1. If several NG units fighting the same enemy unit, do i get one chance to "net" per goblin netter unit?

2. If several NG units fighting the same enemy unit, and enemy unit got "netted" already, do i still have to test the remaning nightgoblin units?

3. If YES on 2, does it imply that the enemies can be netted more than once? Enemies get -1 s per successful "net"?

DeathlessDraich
10-09-2009, 12:43
FAQed - effects of Nets are not cumulative

Da GoBBo
10-09-2009, 13:35
Each unit can attempt to net any enemy unit in basecontact ones. There is no further restriction concerning who gets to net what, so yes, you net a unit with more than one unit, thus increasing your (allready good) chance to net.

Emud
10-09-2009, 13:46
Ok, so the rule is "can attempt". That is great!

The rulebook says "must attmept to entangle" and that what's got me confused, cause what if the unit is already entangled?

Da GoBBo
10-09-2009, 14:05
You are correct, it says you must attempt to entangle one of the units you are fighting. If all units are entangled, you must thus still attempt to do so again, which is useless, and suffer the odd set of nets entangling your own unit.

I donīt like it, but thatīs the way it is phrased

xragg
10-09-2009, 16:43
Well, its probally because the golbins arent taking turns throwing there nets. Each unit probally throws them at the same time, so they really dont know if others were successful or not. Or, maybe they are goblins and throwing nets is that much fun it doesnt matter whether its going to be effective or not.

Deglosh
10-09-2009, 21:13
Well, its probally because the golbins arent taking turns throwing there nets. Each unit probally throws them at the same time, so they really dont know if others were successful or not. Or, maybe they are goblins and throwing nets is that much fun it doesnt matter whether its going to be effective or not.

Prob a bit of both :P hehe

Braad
11-09-2009, 08:37
3. If YES on 2, does it imply that the enemies can be netted more than once? Enemies get -1 s per successful "net"?

As said, this is not possible. For 2 reasons:
1- would be too powerfull
2- if you net a S3 unit 3 times, it would be instantly auto-killed, as S reduced to 0 means death... Yes, that would be nice :)

Urgat
11-09-2009, 10:32
It could be mentioned "to a minimum of 1" in the rules, and a unit charged by THREE units of night gobs deserve to be autokilled anyway :p

Izram
11-09-2009, 10:51
Side question: A nurgle demon caster has miasma of pestilence up. Reduces all the goblins in contact to a strength of 1. If they net themselves by mistake, do they die?

Does the whole unit die, as new models are moved into B-t-B as the ones at (1-1)=0 strength die?

Urgat
11-09-2009, 12:28
Of course they die. Rule of thumb: if something looks unfair to goblins, it's what happens.

Emud
11-09-2009, 13:52
Threads have a way of staying alive on this forum. Its great that people are active and want to help.

I just want to inform everybody that I now completley and fully understand how netters are played, so its ok to close the thread.

I still think the "must attempt to entangle" rule is badly written. For example it could suffice with a simple look to determine if a unit is already netted, and let the attempt stay with that. At least that interpretion is no less valid than the argument "throwing nets is that much fun it doesnt matter whether its going to be effective or not". However, it is no biggie for me.

And cheers to you Urgat. I find myself agreeing to a lot of the things you say.

Deglosh
11-09-2009, 22:58
It could be mentioned "to a minimum of 1" in the rules, and a unit charged by THREE units of night gobs deserve to be autokilled anyway :p

hahaha indeed

By the way wy should they die if the strenght get lowerd to 0? this only means they wont get to attack imo.

Urgat
12-09-2009, 01:19
It's in the rulebook, one of the first pages iirc, concerning stats, if somehow some stat falls to zero, the unit/character/whatever is autokilled.

stripsteak
12-09-2009, 19:13
only for S, T or W. if WS falls to 0 you can't attack.

Braad
13-09-2009, 19:40
Page 5 of the BRB, section "characteristics of 0". I quote "If at any time a model's Strenght, Toughness or Wounds are reduced to 0 or less by magic or a special rule, it is slain and removed from play."

As indeed the netters 'must' attempt to net, and their strength has already been reduced to 1 by that spell or whatever, the auto-die. I can't see anything against it.

Remember, 'removed as casualty' doens't necessarily mean 'dead', it can also mean incapacitated, unconsious, or just unable to continue to fight. These gobbo's just don't have the strenght left to get out of their nets.

Urgat
13-09-2009, 21:36
Doesn't ease the fact that you can lose 20+ gobs with just rolling one 1.

Nurgling Chieftain
13-09-2009, 21:45
...And two full turns of Curse of the Leper which you never bothered to dispel...

theunwantedbeing
13-09-2009, 22:00
...And two full turns of Curse of the Leper which you never bothered to dispel...

Well they are just Goblins.
Oh no, they netted themselves.....I'de only be worried about hurting myself on anything as I rolled around on the floor laughing myself silly.

Deglosh
14-09-2009, 10:40
hehehe, ok.
Well gobbos with nets are actually better than i origianlly thought. Its like they always (exept for rolling 1) get toughness 4. Well its better, cause the armor penetration is lowered aswell.

I love when dwarf warriors have to roll 5's to wound my goblins, and with so many of them, its hard to win against them in combat iwth ordenary troopers.

Tutore
14-09-2009, 13:12
Nets are already powerful, I use them with great success, they don't need to be cumulative :)

Deglosh
14-09-2009, 17:29
Nets are already powerful, I use them with great success, they don't need to be cumulative :)

in-frikkin-deed