PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel Anti-Tank

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 18:36
The Blood Angels seem to be a very Assault heavy army.
But what would you or do you use for Anti-tank to counter this?

Thanks in Advance

jb85
10-09-2009, 19:01
Attack bikes with multi-meltas are your friend!!

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 19:12
Ive heard that from afew places now

Archangel_Ruined
10-09-2009, 19:25
Vindicators can dent anything, a very handy tool in any situation.

Eulenspiegel
10-09-2009, 19:25
I second Attack Bikes.

Their movement is ideal for them to keep up (and get cover from) your Rhino mounted Tactical and Assault Squads.

Their only downside is that you canīt threaten enemy armour on turn one, you have to get close. They make up for that for mounting one of the best vehicle-busting weapons in the game.

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 19:33
Vindicators has competition though. Raiders and Baal preds

Archangel_Ruined
10-09-2009, 20:38
LR's are great but expensive, Baals are primarily anti infantry with a chance at damaging heavy armor, vindicators can put the hurt on any and everything, and you can have two of them with points to spare instead of the LR. Choices choices...

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 20:41
You make a very good point

LonelyPath
10-09-2009, 20:47
I am also voting for multi-melta armed attack bikes and have to agree that Vindicators are well worth taking, though they are a little slow in moving in position from time to time. Attack bikes are cheap though and can make great use of cover, though are a little fragile. Bit for the cost of a LR you get 5 of them!

SPYDER68
10-09-2009, 20:48
Mulit melta / heavy flamer speeders
Attack Bikes

Assault cannons off your Baals.

*Assault cannon statistically has a better chance to pen armor then a lascannon does.

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 22:27
So Baals, Vindicators and Attack Bikes are the way forward?

I was thinking maybe AC and HB for the LandSpeeders?

jb85
10-09-2009, 22:38
So Baals, Vindicators and Attack Bikes are the way forward?

I was thinking maybe AC and HB for the LandSpeeders?

I personally have reservations about using Vindicators and Baals for anti-tank duty. Both can do the job but with the Baal you would be wasting the sponson weapons whilst I've always felt it using the Demolisher cannon against vehicles is a bit of a waste of a whopping great big template ;)

The thing that makes the attack bikes so good is a combination their mobility, relative durability and low cost.

To be honest I'm not sure if the Speeders are a particulary useful addition for Blood Angels.

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 23:00
They seem to fit the fast and hard idea of the force

jb85
10-09-2009, 23:08
They seem to fit the fast and hard idea of the force

They do, but I'm not sure they are an efficient use of points. Anti-personnel kit is generally not in short supply and the HB/AC combo isn't the staple of many armies as it once was. Of course this is my personnal preference talking as well and it is hard to make a good judgement without knowing what else is in your force.

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 23:24
How would you arm them then if you had them?

jb85
10-09-2009, 23:39
How would you arm them then if you had them?

Generally don't use them but a Multi-melta/Heavy Flamer combo is a good all round unit. And if you move 12" you can only fire one weapon which doesn't really matter on this load out :p

hendybadger
10-09-2009, 23:48
I was set on using Speeders and not Attack bikes.
But the more I hear, the more I want to swap them over

SanguinaryDan
11-09-2009, 00:27
Honestly either one works. MM Attack Bikes can Turbo Boost across the field and attack from a flank. And MM/HF Land Speeders can just do the same thing but zip over intervening terrain as a bonus. It's really 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other. We all know the plusses and minuses of both types, so it comes down to points and/or personal preference.

If I've got the 150 points I'll take a pair of MM/HF Speeders. If I can only scrape up 100 or less I'll go with the ABs.

SPYDER68
11-09-2009, 03:03
Attack bikes have a 3+ save... Shoot them with Str 8 or higher, they get a 3+ save or die...

Speeders get a 4+ save for boosting, armor 10, and you still haft to roll on the vehicle damage table..

And on top of that.. if there is no tank to kill.. there is the heavy flamer that is rather nice to have moving along at 12" and shooting.

BrotherMoses
11-09-2009, 03:26
Use your veterans! Blood Angels Assault squad jumping with 2 multimeltas! Maybe give them some TH's and SS's for some anti MC ability as well.

Imperius
11-09-2009, 05:14
Vindicator with its 24" range is a real turnoff.

I mean, a Multimelta can hit you at that range.

___

Its great for planetstrike though, absolutely priceless in the amount of damage it does.

___

Attack bikes with Multimeltas are the way to go.

jb85
11-09-2009, 10:35
Attack bikes have a 3+ save... Shoot them with Str 8 or higher, they get a 3+ save or die...

Speeders get a 4+ save for boosting, armor 10, and you still haft to roll on the vehicle damage table..

And on top of that.. if there is no tank to kill.. there is the heavy flamer that is rather nice to have moving along at 12" and shooting.

On the other hand Attack Bikes are cheaper, easier to hide and less vunerable to small arms fire.

To be honest they are fairly similiar, if an opponent takes much interest in getting rid of them they neither will stand to concentrated fire for long.

vahouth
11-09-2009, 10:52
Attack bikes with multimeltas, VAS with meltaguns, DC:p, Dante!

Salnihra
11-09-2009, 11:23
All of my army lists include at least two attack bikes with MM for tank busting duties. Also I usually include a MM and LC in my rhino-borne tactical squads.

Petay1985
11-09-2009, 12:06
My vote goes for the multi-melta weilding land speeders. My blood angels worked 2 pair of these to great effect!!
You don't need to have 4 to get the effect, its obviously proportional to points played, but you get the idea. I favoured not taking additional weapons, simply a multi-melta!!

hendybadger
11-09-2009, 17:16
I am tempted by the HB/AC Speeders. But only if I have MM Bikes to play the anti-tank role.