Icon of Rulership
Shield
LA
Flail
(Nothin weird, just a killy US5 Prince)

Liche Priest
Steed
Scroll
Hieractic Jar (Basically one more incantation in an emergency)

Liche Priest
Steed
Staff of Ravening (Magic missile bound item)

Core:
5 Light Horse

5 Light Horse
Champion

2 Tomb Swarms

Special:
1 Tomb Scorp
1 Tomb Scorp

4 Ushabti
4 Ushabti

1 Bone Giant
1 Bone Giant

8 "PD" plus one bound item
Around 25 models

THEN

Tomb King
Spear of Antarhak
Scorpion Armor
Cloak of Dunes
(Flying king o' doom)

Liche Priest (Hiero)
Golden Ankrha
Steed

Liche Priest
Staff of Ravening
Steed

Liche Priest
Steed

Core:
5 Light Horse
5 Light Horse
5 Light Horse
Champ

3 Chariots
Std
Banner of Undying Legion

Special:
1 Tomb Scorp
1 Tomb Scorp

4 Ushabti
4 Ushabti

Rare:
1 Bone Giant
1 Bone Giant

8 "PD" with 2 bound spells
Around 35 Models

With both lists, i get around the same magic punch, and with both lists my main killy character (flying king o doom or chariot prince) is kind of off on their own tarpitting units and is more of a nuisance than a real killer

i know that these lists won't win tourneys, but i love my BG's. they're big and dumb and make me laugh while i whiff all 5 attacks :)

Infurion
11-09-2009, 07:00
Hmm, you have the hammers, but are missing the anvil. What tactic would you use with this list?

Bhikkhu
12-09-2009, 15:29
There's no real one strategy with this list. It would play very differently from a gunline versus a swarm versus an elite army.

There really are no tarpits, with the flying king of doom list he is the tarpit.
I've beaten brets with this list, because my king will charge into the flank of their huge blocks of knights, and keep them there until the rest of the army can join them.

TBH i've never used the Liche high priest list before, but every time i use the king list, i always feel like my magic phase is always dispelled, especially regen. wounds. At least with a LHP i can get 3d6 incantation power off.

Unless i am facing a gunline, i never really bury the TS, they always charge from the front, hopefully focusing all of his attacks on the character in the unit, then flanking with other units that can take away ranks.
The BG's usually walk together....that's about it.