PDA

View Full Version : In anticipation of...

mkhurly
11-09-2009, 05:15
I have had space wolves for quite some time and I painted a very nice looking tournament army five years ago. All of my armour: rhinos, predators, Leman Russ, were based with the Shadow Gray Aerosol Spray Can.

I would like to build a couple of more rhinos and predators and keep the armour paint schemes similar to my old army.

Would any of you gents out there have any thoughts on what I could use as a great base to match the old Shadow Gray Spray can.

Remember that Shadow Gray the paint bottle is darker than the Shadow Gray aerosol can.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.:)

thanks

Fo'Shizzle
11-09-2009, 06:45
I find it unlikely that shadow grey paint is darker than the old shadow grey spray. You could try the spray gun they now sell maybe?? Lacking that have a look around art supply stores.

uhmnabra
11-09-2009, 07:21
Mix white in the shadow gray?

IcedAnimals
11-09-2009, 07:43
Odd that it would be darker, but like uhmnabra said. Just add a drop of white to the spray mix.

Khorneflakes
11-09-2009, 07:48
go to a hardware store, they maybe able to mix up a special batch, mine has in the past

Max1mum
11-09-2009, 07:53
and when you have mixed up the special batch

get a Air-brush ;-)

either gw's 'starter' version ...or something else.

That -should- give you the desired effect, do practice a bit with the airflow/paint balance before you target your models with it ;-)

mkhurly
20-09-2009, 06:12
thanks for the input fellas, I appreciate it! I own an airbrush, so I think I'm going to go the route of mixing white and see what I can do!