PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC Allcomers

guardian angel
11-09-2009, 12:33
So, after my first few games at 2000pts, I am looking to expand my list for 2500pt games. My idea is to make an allcomers list.

I think I like the build of this army. It seems pretty balanced. I'm just wondering if my characters are set-up the best way. Any suggestions to make the list better?

Lord:
Lord+MoT+shield+bard horse+axe of K+fav of gods+C of K+word of ag=369 (All round lord, can handle challenges to;) Goes with the knights with the war ban)

Heroes:
Ex hero+flail+shield+MoT+disc+golden eye+bsb=199 (warmachine hunter etc)
Sorcerer+lvl2+MoT+book of sec+scroll=190 (offensive/defensive wizard)
Sorcerer+lvl2+MoN+pow fam+scroll=190 (offensive/defensive wizard)

Core:
5 warhounds
6 warhounds
6 warhounds
11 warriors+MoS+shields+halberds+m+sb=215
12 warriors+MoS+shields+halberds+m+sb=232
5 horsemen+MoS+la+flails+m=96

Special:
6 knights+MoN+m+sb+ban of rage=335
5 knights+MoN+m+sb+war ban=285
3 Dragon ogres+gw's=231

Rare:
Spawn (distraction & mini tarpit!)

Total=2499

Neth
11-09-2009, 19:25
Just a couple quick things
- I would give both sorcerers a barded horse for a 2+ save since I'm guessing they will be with the warriors.
- The marauder horsemen don't really need light armor. If they are shot they will die anyways.

Bauknefer
12-09-2009, 00:40
Why give the Lord MoT? I would figure MoS just for the Immune to fear. or nurgle for protection. MoT gives you a 6+ ward and +1 to cast so it literally does nothing for your lord. Other then that it looks really solid!

Draconian77
12-09-2009, 00:56
It bumps the Collar save from 6+(Unreliable) to 5+(Reliable, look at DoC! ;))

It's strange to see a WoC army without the Rapturous Standard somewhere in the list. Such a nifty little banner.

Bauknefer
12-09-2009, 01:56
Ah yea I didn't notice that. is a 5+ ward worth like 45 points?

guardian angel
12-09-2009, 11:15
Yep, like has been said, MoT for the increased ward save. Don't really want to drop the la on the marauder horsemen, helps keep them in the fight that bit longer.

Is it really necessary to put the sorcerers on steeds? I understand they get a better save, but don't know if it's worth it. Plus I'd have to sacrifice something to get them.

My main concern is the lord. I like this allround build, however I'm tempted to try a lord on a juggernaut with the daemonsword. When he hits he should be brutal, the problem is he's vunerable and could easily kill himself.
Which lord do you think is better? Anyone have any experience using a lord with the daemonsword on a juggernaut? I'd like to know how well he really works!

Eta
12-09-2009, 11:49
Ah yea I didn't notice that. is a 5+ ward worth like 45 points?

Only 35 points on the lord with additional MR(2).

Greetings
Eta