PDA

View Full Version : the amulet of protectyness question

shredshredxx
11-09-2009, 23:16
hey guys,

say a blorc warboss has heavy armour, a shield, rides a boar, and wears the amulet of protectyness.

if he's wounded by an empire spearman, can he use his own 2+armour save, or is he forced to use the inferior armour save of the spearman??

theunwantedbeing
11-09-2009, 23:35
Forced to use the save of the empire spearmen.
So dont put it on a guy with a good save as you'll never get to use it.

When the bearer of this amulet is wounded, he counts as
having the same armour save and ward save as the model
that caused the wounds.
Page 43 of the Orc&Goblin armybook

Deglosh
11-09-2009, 23:58
indeed. The rules about this particular item is very clear. You use the all/any saves (if they have any!) of the model that attacked you. So its pointless in having that item on a Black orc warboss. Thats for gobbos =)

kyinpie
12-09-2009, 22:39
i thought you choose the best save? or is the item written so u have to use the amulet? i havent got the o&g book to hand!

xragg
12-09-2009, 23:06
Yes, you do choose the best save when you have different saves to choose from, but I have no idea how the OnG item is worded.

nosferatu1001
13-09-2009, 05:47
i thought you choose the best save? or is the item written so u have to use the amulet? i havent got the o&g book to hand!

Kyinpie: given the actual item rule was quoted just above you, stating exactly that (you use teh armour save of the model that wounded you) I'd suggest perhaps reading the thread? ;)

kyinpie
13-09-2009, 12:15
Kyinpie: given the actual item rule was quoted just above you, stating exactly that (you use teh armour save of the model that wounded you) I'd suggest perhaps reading the thread? ;)

haha, didnt realise that their was a quote in that post!

Omegakai
19-09-2009, 11:24
In the case of a ward save. IE you have one and the attacker has none, you may use your own. in the case where you have a ward and teh attacker has a ward you may pick from the best as outlined in the rule book.
best however is subjective.