Bolt Throwers, A: RoPenetrating, engineer B: RoPenetrating, RoBurning, engineer
Cannon, RoForging
Cannon, RoForging, RoBurning
Grudge Thrower, RoAccuracy, RoReloading
Grudge Thrower, RoAccuracy, RoReloading, RoBurning

Organ Gun
Organ Gun
Gyrocopter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 DD(one from opponent's PD), 1 Dispel rune
9 warmachines (10 if you count the AoD)
4 combat units.

The Master Engineers post up with the cannons for d6 wounds against the plethora of monsters (ridden or otherwise) which I expect to see, or with the grudge throwers/bolt throwers against a horde army without suitable monstrous targets for improved accuracy. The BSB goes in the non-RoSlowness Longbeards, the Runesmith in the other, both blocks out front to try and draw the inevitable charge which will hopefully buy me another round of shooting and possibly the charge with the RoSlowness. Gyrocopter march-blocks until destroyed and Thorek further slows the advance using Wrath & Ruin on ancient power. Organ guns hammer away at whatever needs it, grudge throwers and bolt throwers work together on block infantry or monsters as needed.

Does this seem reasonable/competitive for the current environemnt? Is it worth dropping the two warrior units down to 10 models with great weapons and adding a unit of thunderers with the saved points for even more shooting? Should I drop the great weapon warriors and RoCourage longbeards all together for 2 units of thunderers w/shields and some quarrellers w/GW & shields to even further extend the dedicated shooting or does that leave me too vulnerable in melee (which I hope to avoid until turn 4 or later)?

I am weak in the magic phase, but hope to remedy this with some choice shooting/sniping should the opportunity present itself. Movement is virtually non-existent until my opponent makes contact or I am forced to charge, but that is nothing new. Ideal deployment is castling around a hill in a corner.

Any advice/suggestions/criticism is welcome.

Doyl
15-09-2009, 00:24
60+ views and no responses :(

Should I chalk that up to lack of flaw(s) in the list or just lack of interest in a dwarf/gunline army?

Draconian77
15-09-2009, 00:38
I would have to say both!

Personally, I think 'Ard Boyz is a bad joke.... ;)

Stuffburger
15-09-2009, 01:44
Warseer in general seems to hate gunlines, don't get your hopes up too much for comments. No thunderers in a gunline is odd though, being the best core missile troops in the game.

complexfire
15-09-2009, 20:09
If you are going gunline. (and yes warseer hates the gunlines) then drop the longbeards and warriors and replace with as many 10 man thunderer units that you can. Also drop the two grudge throwers and replace with as many S7 bolt throwers that you can. Put the engineers on the bolt throwers. BS5 S7 bolts are mean

Draconian77
15-09-2009, 20:17
Warseer in general seems to hate gunlines, don't get your hopes up too much for comments. No thunderers in a gunline is odd though, being the best core missile troops in the game.

Hmm...some would disagree. Skinks, DE Rxbmen, Glade Guard and even(the insanely cheap)Empire Handgunners are all top tier shooting units. Thunderers are great, but generally speaking I prefer more Crossbows than Handguns.

Doyl
16-09-2009, 01:52
Thank you for the input, I do appreciate it. How does this look for changes, committing more so to a pure-shooting army and including some improved ranged protection (MRoGrungi) againt the magic missiles I expect to rain from the magic heavy lizardmen and DE lists and any other gunlines which show up that day.

I prefer to keep my missile units somewhat combat capable though they are there to support the two combat blocks, which will each still have the RoSlowness to try and stall if possible. The GW on the quarrellers might come in handy if something big hits my lines earlier than I would like and I am unable to kill it off with the hand-weapon units. I'd go with the advice to completely drop the combat blocks entirely, but I feel that there are some blitz lists which will make contact with my line no matter how hard I try to stop them and not having a couple solid fighting units to deal with things when that happens could be disastrous.

Thorek and his broken Anvil of Doom
Thane, BSB, RoSlowness, MRoGrungi
Runesmith, MRoBalance, RoSpellbreaking, shield
Master Engineer, RoStone, great weapon
Master Engineer, RoStone, great weapon

20 Longbeards, full command, RoSlowness, shields runesmith goes here
20 Warriors, full command, shields BSB goes here
10 Thunderers, shields
10 Thunderers, shields
10 Quarrellers, great weapons

Bolt Throwers, A: RoPenetrating, engineer B: RoPenetrating, RoBurning, engineer
Cannon, RoForging
Cannon, RoForging, RoBurning
Grudge Thrower, RoAccuracy, RoReloading
Grudge Thrower, RoAccuracy, RoReloading, RoBurning

Organ Gun
Organ Gun
Gyrocopter

I kept the grudge throwers for two big reasons. First, because I don't have any more bolt throwers to swap them out for, and second because I am a pretty good guess and they are part of my defense against a big-block skaven or goblin horde army where I need to be removing big chunks of models at a time to force panic checks often.