View Full Version : 2000pt Bretonnian Army

Time of Madness
12-09-2009, 03:09
CHARACTERS

Lord (GENERAL)
- Shield
- Lance of Artois (killing blow)
- Virtue of the Joust (re-roll misses)
- Token of the Damsel (2+ ward vs first wound)
= 219pts

Paladin (BSB)
- Sword of might
- Gromril Helm (re-roll armour save)
= 124pts

Damsel
- Level 1
- Steed
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 130pts

Damsel
- Level 1
- Steed
- 1 Dispel Scrolls
- Chalice of Malfleur (extra dispel dice)
= 125pts

CORE

7 Knights of the Realm
***General and damsel here***
- Full Command
= 192pts

7 Knights of the Realm
***BSB and damsel here***
- Full Command
- Warbanner
= 217pts

6 Knights of Errant
- Full Command
- Errantry Banner
= 161pts

6 Knights of Errant
- Full Command
= 141pts

6 Knights of Errant
- Full Command
= 141pts

6 Knights of Errant
- Full Command
= 141pts

SPECIAL

4 Pegasus Knights
- Musician/champ
= 230pts

5 Mounted Yeomen
- Musician/shields
= 87pts

5 Mounted Yeomen
- Musician/shields
= 87pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1995pts

Fairly effective list in my opinion. 2 Large knight units supported by the 4 units of errant knights. The yeomen will operate on the flanks and the pegs will go after war machines.
Time of Madness

Torr
13-09-2009, 10:47
Lizardmen might give you problems with stegs and the magic. Maybe a hero on pegasus with the large monster killing blow ( Stegs, Hydra, Giant, Wyverns, Dragons) thing that can also hunt war machines?

leighr3029
13-09-2009, 11:00
donīt play brets was just looking at it for research and like the look of it. iīd drop the pegasus knights but maybe thatīs just cause i wouldnīt want to verse them.

seriously though why the shields on the yeomen. if they are meatshields why waste points on them?
iīd also drop the champion on the pegasus knights. nothing worse than trying th assassinate a key character (say Lv4 wizard in a unit) and not be able to attack it with full strength because your champion is in a challenge (with it or something else).

and is there any point in making the damsels LV2? not sure what magic types you can take but if it is worth it you might be able to cast some magic.

I think 3 pegasus knights could do the job as well so if dropping one with the other changes gives you enough points a catapult or unit of archers could go well (to reduce rank bonusī from the enemy).

the pegasus hero sounded like a good idea too. donīt think you really need a battle standard bearer but with the bonus to combat it would be quite handy

Time of Madness
13-09-2009, 12:33
donīt play brets was just looking at it for research and like the look of it. iīd drop the pegasus knights but maybe thatīs just cause i wouldnīt want to verse them.

Hey there,

The peg knights are essential in my opinion to most bret lists. The ability to have a flying heavy attack unit capable of taking out war machines and small units is important.

seriously though why the shields on the yeomen. if they are meatshields why waste points on them?

The shields are only 1pt each (so 5pts for the unit) and give them an alright save, but still allowing them to be fast cav.

iīd also drop the champion on the pegasus knights. nothing worse than trying th assassinate a key character (say Lv4 wizard in a unit) and not be able to attack it with full strength because your champion is in a challenge (with it or something else).

With Brets, champs are a free upgrade and you have to take them in each unit.

and is there any point in making the damsels LV2? not sure what magic types you can take but if it is worth it you might be able to cast some magic.

No point at all. The damsels are there for 5 dispel dice and 3 scrolls. They are there for magic defense only. They are in the middle of a knight unit and can't draw line of sight to anything.

I think 3 pegasus knights could do the job as well so if dropping one with the other changes gives you enough points a catapult or unit of archers could go well (to reduce rank bonusī from the enemy).

If I did this then I'd lose my "All mounted" theme.
time of Madness

jayzerus
14-09-2009, 02:08
I'd be interested to know how this army works out. Most intriguing to me would be how you do against terror causers. Knights Errant are immune to psych on the turn they charge, but if an enemy drops a terror causer 6" from 3 KE units, I'm not feeling so good about the LD 7 passing leadership tests.