PDA

View Full Version : how does gondor play (sbg)

Krueger Condail
12-09-2009, 05:32
so i am really getting into the sbg and i want to play the good empire of the world(I.E. imperial guard in 40k and empire in fantasy) and i figured gondor would be the place in middle earth. i already picked up a box of warriors and my friend gave me one of his extra captains and i wanted to know where i should go from here?

VeriNasti
12-09-2009, 05:39
I would go with some gondor knights and rangers for some all-rounded ness. Try to get Aragorn/Boromir/Faramir/Imrahil as they are good leading heroes.

Krueger Condail
12-09-2009, 06:26
ok now we normally play 300 point games are big heroes kie boromir and aragorn weorth it in those games or should i stick with captains and kings

VeriNasti
12-09-2009, 10:32
For 300 point games, Aragorn, boromir and imrahil will chew up at least half of your points - which is bad.
For 300 points, I would go with a base line Faramir, followed by 5 archers of gondor/rangers, 10 spears and sword and then cavalry. Any spare go with more spears.
What does your opponent usually play?

Krueger Condail
12-09-2009, 20:51
my group plays many different armies including 1 that plays a black numenorian army including dark marshal and a troll another is a dwarf player tand a isengard player and finnally there is the elf player who uses legolas. the problem i have a lot though is that they all have a higher fight value than me and the few games i played against them it just tends to cream me how do i get around that

VeriNasti
13-09-2009, 03:49
Dark Marshal and Troll in 300pts?!? That's a lot - even with black numenorians. I would suggest a phalanx to counter the numenorians and your archers to focus on the troll, then the dark marshal.
For the dwarves, maximise your attacks by trapping them/outnumbering them. Same goes for the elves.
Urukhai is harder due to their pikes and high defence and strength. Cavalry might work, but I am not sure.
Hope this helps.

Krueger Condail
13-09-2009, 17:42
thanks i hope these tactics help out

The Marshel
19-09-2009, 13:48
so, you're friend plays the dark marshel and a troll at 300 points, thats at least 230 right there, and he'd need an orc captain to include the troll, so thats 270 now, and something from minas morgul for black numenoreans. May i suggest you point out to ur friend that lotr has a strict allying system that probably makes his army illegal.

Gondor lacks bite but is hard to kill at high defenses. Expand on 300 points as the games get very repetitive and you'll want to try out bigger and better things at some point. Knights of minas tirith will give you some useful bite. adding fief troops help as the additional fight 4 makes winning easier.

destroyerlord
20-09-2009, 00:32
adding fief troops help as the additional fight 4 makes winning easier.
Aren't Guard of the fountain court with shields generally considered Gondor's best Fv4 infantry? They have very high defense, and don't cost much more than any of the alternatives. The only problem is you have to convert the shields...