PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Legion Terminator Army

WarpWhisperer
12-09-2009, 07:03
I recently heard that historically, the AL were the first of the legions to deploy a force entirely composed of Terminators (ala Deathwing). Has anyone also heard this, and do they know what the original source for this material might be?

guillimansknight
12-09-2009, 12:19
I recently heard that historically, the AL were the first of the legions to deploy a force entirely composed of Terminators (ala Deathwing). Has anyone also heard this, and do they know what the original source for this material might be?

Dunno but their bound to have been the first cause they were the imaginitive legion and used every tactic they could think of.

Urath
12-09-2009, 12:20
I've never heard that before. The cloesest I can think of, would be Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus sending a force comprised entirely of Terminators to take out a command centre or something.

Mannimarco
12-09-2009, 12:45
its new to me as well, the all termy force was a sons of horus tactic used to sever the head of the enemy command structure

no doubt the alphas would have at least considered it, after all alpharius did encourage his troops to always prove themselves better than the other legions, once he heard of the sons of horus doing this he would have tried it himself to show his men could do it better

so not the first to do it but yeah it was probably done at some point in their history

Urath
12-09-2009, 13:46
Perhaps he and Horus created the strategy together? It's not specified when Horus began instigating the move, but I believe he used something similar at Ullanor. So I guess it would depend when Alpharius was re-discovered for my theory to work.

Gimp
12-09-2009, 14:21
I think that the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus were the first legion to do it.

But remember that Alpharius and Horus were really close and worked together for some time. So it is likely that the two came up with the idea together. Then the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus were the first to use the tactic followed closely by tge Alpha Legion.

Onisuzume
12-09-2009, 15:23
I thought that the Lion was the first to use such a tactic...
At least they appear to be the only one who continued using that tactic.

Urath
12-09-2009, 15:37
I think that the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus were the first legion to do it.

But remember that Alpharius and Horus were really close and worked together for some time. So it is likely that the two came up with the idea together. Then the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus were the first to use the tactic followed closely by tge Alpha Legion.

Way to go in stealing what I'd already said ;)

havoc3149
12-09-2009, 20:07
Lol can you guys imagine the Infiltrating Terminators with Scout. That would be awesome...

"How did all those terminators jump out behind the flower, it must be the work of a tactical genius.......CREEEEEEE...I mean Alpharious"

guillimansknight
12-09-2009, 20:27
Lol can you guys imagine the Infiltrating Terminators with Scout. That would be awesome...

"How did all those terminators jump out behind the flower, it must be the work of a tactical genius.......CREEEEEEE...I mean Alpharious"

Alpharious could infiltrate a titain.

Now that would really make it a SCOUT titain!

DuskRaider
12-09-2009, 21:43
I'm not sure Alpha Legion would be big on Tactical Dreadnought Armor. I mean... Yes, they can teleport freely onto a planet without notice, they can show up in an enemy's fortifications and spring one hell of an ambush, but there's the other side to it. Alpha Legion are masters of deception, guerilla warfare, and stealth. That being said, it's not really all that easy to sneak about in TDA. I COULD see them using them at the final phase of an assault, but I highly doubt they'd be in large numbers, perhaps a 100 at the very most.

I'm also not too sure of the Sons of Horus being the first to make an entire company. There were other Legions well known for their use of Terminators, Dark Angels and Death Guard being specific. DG would use them extensively for boarding actions, which was more or less their forte.

trolly
12-09-2009, 21:44
hi,

well maybe horus copy alpharius tactic, since he that found alpharius and tutor him.
battle tactic is common i guess.
but, i'm thinking that IW is the first one.
maybe there is an enemy super outpost that better to teleport termy inside it rather that waste ammunition, coz it too small for siege work.
of course no prove in it because IW is not much fluff as sons of horus or alpha legion.

cheers,:D