PDA

View Full Version : i just cant beat necrons

Scyllian
12-09-2009, 09:35
i swear to god ive tried everything with my eldar i just cant beat them. i cant kill em with banshees, becasue as soon as i disembark he just shoots them down. he puts his destroyers in the flanks, and picks away at my army. ive tried all the general tactics, read the eldar bible, and nothin. hopefully you guys can help. (the main problem is the warriors, he maxes out so i cant phase him out)

Poseidal
12-09-2009, 09:40
Move the serpent up to where you want to go from, then DO NOT disembark the Banshees. Wait until your next turn, then disembark before moving the Serpent again, move, run and assault as normal.

Scyllian
12-09-2009, 09:43
Move the serpent up to where you want to go from, then DO NOT disembark the Banshees. Wait until your next turn, then disembark before moving the Serpent again, move, run and assault as normal.

you can do that??

i thought you couldnt assault or do anything the turn you disembark

Poseidal
12-09-2009, 09:45
you can do that??

i thought you couldnt assault or do anything the turn you disembark

Page 67 of the rulebook, second bullet point under disembarking. Make sure they disembark before you move the serpent.

Dies Ireas
12-09-2009, 09:47
Use a outflanking unit of striking scorpions, with a powerfist exarch, so no more resurrection. And the rest of the unit will kill allot, especially if you doomed the necrons.

Scyllian
12-09-2009, 09:49
outflanking

?? umm not quite sure what this is

chinnfrequent
12-09-2009, 10:11
Looks like the first step you need to take is rereading the rules.

Tedurur
12-09-2009, 10:17
What the others have said. You simply need to read the rules again in order to beat him. An eldar army should totally destroy a Necron army that maxes out on warriors.

Grimtuff
12-09-2009, 10:38
Are you sure you are even playing 5th edition against him? As, frankly just doing that is a surefire way to beat Necrons. ;)

Sekhmet
12-09-2009, 11:35
Are you sure you are even playing 5th edition against him? As, frankly just doing that is a surefire way to beat Necrons. ;)

Quoted for truth.

MoonReaper
12-09-2009, 12:16

lol

An eldar army can totally destroy a maxed Necron warrior army (Actually everything but Tau can destroy a necron max warrior army).

Tips: 1.As mentioned move the falcon and dont disembark till next turn.
2.Use seer council with fortune on jetbikes to kill a necron unit per turn
3.Find ways to approach him whilst hiding behind your Skimmers (Your skimmers must all have that reroll wargear or psychic power etc)
4.play 5th ed ofc
5.Use more than 1 Close combat unit
6.Dont forget some basic rules :
Necrons CANT Wbb (not even res orb helps here) when they get killed from sweeping advance, and the whole unit dies even models killed before the sweeping advance.
Necrons CANT roll for WBB if they got kill by power weapons in Close combat or double toughness weapons, unless theres a res orb within 6' of the closest model of the unit.
When he loses 3/4 of his army he loses automatically due to phase out
If you kill 3 squads of his warriors by sweeping advance, you win practically. And you can do that in 1 turn. 1st turn move EVERYTHING next to his units, next turn disembark, assault, and sweep him. That requires you to have a few transports and 1-2 fast units like jetbikes.

AFnord
12-09-2009, 12:56
A good necron player can actually put up a fight. A lot of people make them sound like an "instant lose" army. this is not actually true, although they are underpowered.

Yes, it sounds like the OP lost because he does not have a firm grasp of the rules. Re-read the rulebook and you will find that you will be able to take down a pure necron warrior based army (these are not particularly hard to deal with, unless there is a huge experience gap between the players).

Captain Micha
12-09-2009, 13:18
Vs Eldar it pretty much is Autolose. Especially one with Banshees, Scorpions and Firedragons.

All the Eldar player has to do to win, is be smart enough to take Wave Serpents and a Farseer pretty much.

Also OP: read the disembark rules. You move your Serps, and then next turn after not moving it, disembark. Charge and annihilate. You can assault if your transport has not moved that turn.

Also as others have pointed out Crons can't WBB no matter what from a Sweeping Advance.

guillimansknight
12-09-2009, 13:30
outflanking

How can you beat anything if you don't know somthing THAT BASIC???!!??

Seth the Dark
12-09-2009, 13:36
I would say that since you play Eldar, you should be dictating where and when you attack the Necron lines. The game is a learning experience and the more games you get under your belt the better. I would say rely on your own experience than anyone on these boards.

MoonReaper
12-09-2009, 13:41
Vs Eldar it pretty much is Autolose.

Autolose

I love this word, its very similar to Autoloser or Autoloose.
I never thought about it but Im sure you can use Autolose within a socially referred context. :chrome:
I think ill start using that word more often. Of course not when dealing with tactics in War40k forums to new players, why would I want to misinform them and create bad vibes for themselves or fanaticism vs some kind of abstract belief about winning ability on a strategy game. I personally wouldnt have anything to gain from doing that.

Eldar Are hard but definetely beatable. Even seer council bikes have their issues. As an Eldar player however you have to try everything at your hand to get in Close combat with his warriors.
If you manage to get in close combat, try to do it simultaneously with more than 1 unit. Reason is that if he has 2 units nearby, and you assault one and kill it, the necron player with shoot and kill your CC unit when are finished. If you manage to get both unit in CC he will just be packing in after a turn or two. Your primary aim is sweeping advance.

So ye, forget shooting vs necrons, try to get in CC at all costs (even with guardians if you manage lol)

Captain Micha
12-09-2009, 13:51
Thing is with two units engaged in assault from Dedicated Assault units, you then could use the FDs to wipe the floor with another unit. Such as, Immortals. Dire Avengers + Bladestorm and then an assault isn't a terrible idea either by any means.

You should be having a very easy time as Eldar beating Necrons.

Oh if you are really evil you can take Janzar as your second Hq (stick her with Direavengers or guardians so she too can hop in a transport with ease). and wipe out a Third unit in assault in one assault phase and one is probably dead from a 8 strong FireDragon Guided Fusillade . I seriously doubt he'll have enough models to avoid a Phase Out if you do. Because you will kill all three in the first assault phase. 4 whole units wiped = win next turn.

And to make it all oh so worse? there's nothing the Cron guy can really do to stop this from happening. You are faster than he is by far. And even if he's using Destroyer Spam or Wraith wing, you can still wipe his Warriors first thing. And eventually you will still catch whatever's left if he doesn't Phase from that alone.

Valo
12-09-2009, 13:52

well as it seems everyone just want to flame you for not knowing...and nobody actually wants to explain this to you,outflanking is basically moving your units in behind his to "pincer" them between yours......I've found dire avengers in a wave serpent are great for this,move up your dire avengers in front,and your banshee's/strikinging scorpion in their wave serpent to the rear,wait until next turn to dissembark them both,shoot with your dire avengers,shoot with your banshee's(if your in range of assault,ortherwise make your run roll),and if you still havent taken down their numbers alot,use one of your serpents to help them out(just not one with bright lances,they are much better off hunting destroyers and scarabs...even monolithes if your lucky)...then just charge in with the banshee's....and avengers if you feel the need to,that will be one dead necron unit.rinse,and repeat.

SpaceGnome
12-09-2009, 13:54
humm my m8 plays necrons but his main weakness is in his most powerful units he takes both the night bringer and a monolith in 1000pts and in all the games i have ether taken down his monolith with emp grenades or constant rail gun fire. Failing that ignore both and shoot the warriors being limited in number by the major units. I would say use cc more effectively possibly warp spiders to catch up with the destroyers (my Elder knowledge is limited so please correct if this is a bad idea) and striking scorpions can be a nasty shock half way through

Bolter Bait
12-09-2009, 14:14
humm my m8 plays necrons but his main weakness is in his most powerful units he takes both the night bringer and a monolith in 1000pts and in all the games i have ether taken down his monolith with emp grenades or constant rail gun fire. Failing that ignore both and shoot the warriors being limited in number by the major units. I would say use cc more effectively possibly warp spiders to catch up with the destroyers (my Elder knowledge is limited so please correct if this is a bad idea) and striking scorpions can be a nasty shock half way through1000 points with both the Monolith and the Nightbringer? Hah hah, good way to go if he hates painting models. That's half his points right there.

Back to the OT. Scyllian, instead of playing one day, just sit down and read the BRB. A lot has changed since 4th, such as the addition of Outflanking (which in a nutshell, allows Scouts or Infiltrators to come in from Reserves and arrive from one of the neutral board edges rather than your own) or permitting a unit to assault a transport's passengers the same turn the same unit destroyed the transport in the Shooting phase.

There's also some nuanced changes that snuck up and will affect you in ways you're not used to in 4th, such as your Striking Scorpions Exarch not getting an extra attack for double-wielding while using a single Powerfist (pg 42, IIRC, covers that).

Gutlord Grom
12-09-2009, 15:14
First Question: What's your opponent's average list? Doesn't have to be perfect, just your memory of it.
Second Question: What's your points limit for every game?

TheEndIsHere
12-09-2009, 17:00
Moon reaper seems to be spaming these forums, why?

Also, nightbringer and monolith in 1000pts?

I assume 20 warriors for a legal army + 55 pts left over, you can kill this army with 1 squad... In 1 turn!

Charge both necron warrior squads, sweep them, his turn comes, PO...

marv335
12-09-2009, 17:17
First things First.
You need to focus. Something that the Eldar army is good at.
I would suggest Banshees and a Farseer.
Find the unit with the Lord in it, and then Doom it.
Then charge in with the Banshees.
You should take down a good number of them and sweep the rest.
That takes care of the Lord + Orb (plus a good number of Necrons)
Any small units such as destroyers or wraiths, concentrate fire on them as once they're all down, (assuming no other units are in range) they can't WBB.
Monoliths and C'tan, Avoid.

Scyllian
12-09-2009, 17:54
First Question: What's your opponent's average list? Doesn't have to be perfect, just your memory of it.
Second Question: What's your points limit for every game?

we usually do 1500 pts.

he uses nightbringer, 2 squads of destroyers (5 each)

3-4 squads of warriors, 10 each,i think some flayed ones thats all i can remember tho.

marv335
12-09-2009, 18:11
No Orb?
That makes life a little easier.
Fire dragons into warriors/destroyers. If he keeps the destroyer units apart all the better.
Take them down first, use waveserpents to do a drive by.
Avoid the Nightbringer. He only moves 6" so can be avoided by a mobile army, If you have do fight him, Harlequins are probably your best bet, Doom him while you're at it.
Dark Reapers should thin out the warriors too

ashc
12-09-2009, 19:41
As has already been said, a better grasp on the basic rules will help move you towards beating the necrons.

After that, my main suggestion is concentrating your forces on destroying anything with the necron rule; phase them out and they are gone.

Winning combats and sweeping advances make this incredibly easy.

Ravenous
12-09-2009, 19:45

This is why you cant beat necrons.

Know thyself, and thy enemy or in basic terms: read the rules.

Jackmojo
12-09-2009, 20:04
we usually do 1500 pts.

3-4 squads of warriors, 10 each,i think some flayed ones thats all i can remember tho.

Follow Captain Micha's advice, his tactics, if executed successfully, phase out this army in one turn.

Also rules, learn em.

Jack

njfed
12-09-2009, 20:36
we usually do 1500 pts.

While his army does have some tough units to deal with (nightbringer and 2 full destroyer squads) he is missing out on some of the Necron's strongest options...veil, res orb and monoliths. He is beatable, by the right army. So you really need to let us know what you are using. There are a few eldar builds that could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag no matter who the general is. I know you said you have read the latest info on building an eldar force, but you may have picked the wrong one to deal with the 'Crons.

Sekhmet
12-09-2009, 20:48
No Orb?
That makes life a little easier.
Fire dragons into warriors/destroyers. If he keeps the destroyer units apart all the better.
Take them down first, use waveserpents to do a drive by.
Avoid the Nightbringer. He only moves 6" so can be avoided by a mobile army, If you have do fight him, Harlequins are probably your best bet, Doom him while you're at it.
Dark Reapers should thin out the warriors too

Seer councils are almost impossible to deal with as Necrons. They'd rip apart the nightbringer if he didn't have etheric tempest.

susu.exp
12-09-2009, 23:06
well as it seems everyone just want to flame you for not knowing...and nobody actually wants to explain this to you,outflanking is basically moving your units in behind his to "pincer" them between yours......

Actually... No. What was meant here is that Scorpions being able to infiltrate, are also allowed to flank. That is, if kept in reserve, they may enter the game from one of the short table edges once they are available. They may charge on that turn (not having fleet restricts them to a foot) and in 2/3rds of all cases they will enter from the side you want (1/3 for left side, right side and side of the players choice).

Another unit capable of doing that are War walkers. While you risk a glancing hit in CC, with 3 attacks each on the charge and S5 they can hurt Warriors.

And finally: Nightbringer, 10 Destroyers and 3 10 Strong units of Warriors runs 1400. No way he can have another warrior unit and flayed ones at 1.5k.

Scyllian
13-09-2009, 01:27
And finally: Nightbringer, 10 Destroyers and 3 10 Strong units of Warriors runs 1400. No way he can have another warrior unit and flayed ones at 1.5k.

im sorry we did 1700 points

While his army does have some tough units to deal with (nightbringer and 2 full destroyer squads) he is missing out on some of the Necron's strongest options...veil, res orb and monoliths. He is beatable, by the right army. So you really need to let us know what you are using. There are a few eldar builds that could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag no matter who the general is. I know you said you have read the latest info on building an eldar force, but you may have picked the wrong one to deal with the 'Crons.

i used : 3 squads of dire avengers, 2 wave serpents, 10 howling banshees, 1 ranger squad, avatar, wraithlord squad of harlequins.

susu.exp
13-09-2009, 02:23
That list should be able to deal well with Necrons. Avoid the Nightbringer if you can and use the Serpents to get charges against the warriors. The Avengers doing bladestorm+charge, the Banshees, the Wraithlord, the Avatar and the Harlequins all can easily destroy a unit of Necron Warriors in close combat and everything in that army can fleet, i.e. you should be able to avoid getting rapid fired by the warriors. The rangers should shoot destroyers, as should the serpents. Just ignore the NB completely and make him phase out.

TheEndIsHere
13-09-2009, 03:00
OR to humiliate him, pathfinders I remmber seeing somewhere that the same amount of sniper shots would kill the deceiver or 2.4 necron warriors (in 4th ed)

I lol'd hard.

I don't know the rules for snipers in 5th ed (nor the pathfinder ones but I know they are better than normal snipers and will be able to kill the NB easily)

EVEN if they are useless against EVERYTHING bar the NB, as long as you don't take 360 pts of them, they will be worth it.

D-End

Bathawk
13-09-2009, 11:26
Also remember, while Eldar "can" annihilate an enemy. Eldar usualy don't have to

For one thing never charge "charge up the middle"...Eldar are subtle

Banshees ARE lethal in ahnd to hand combat, inititive 10, fleet and power weapons? sweet!...but if they are just runnign straight at the Necrons..well they kinda deserve to be stomped

5th edition places a huge amount of emphasis on terrain, use it! take advantage of it especialy when it comes to rangers/pathfinders and striking scorpions. And as a monstrous creature, the nightbringer can't take advantage of cover

In many cases, take out the scoring units (the warriors) if you do this, the rest of the game is just holding out till the end

Sekhmet
13-09-2009, 11:45
For one thing never charge "charge up the middle"...Eldar are subtle

About as subtle as a sledge hammer.

And as a monstrous creature, the nightbringer can't take advantage of cover

Incorrect and also a useless comment - the nightbringer already has a 4+ invul save, so a 4+ cover save rarely makes any difference (the only time being against a psycannon). Unless you're talking about getting out of LOS, which is a near-impossibility these days since forests no longer block LOS, and most battlefields are basically forests or some other form of area terrain and maybe a building or two, but regardless, being a monstrous creature has nothing to do with it.

MoonReaper
13-09-2009, 12:35
About as subtle as a sledge hammer.

Incorrect and also a useless comment - the nightbringer already has a 4+ invul save, so a 4+ cover save rarely makes any difference (the only time being against a psycannon). Unless you're talking about getting out of LOS, which is a near-impossibility these days since forests no longer block LOS, and most battlefields are basically forests or some other form of area terrain and maybe a building or two, but regardless, being a monstrous creature has nothing to do with it.

Monoliths cover LOS to CTANs just perfectly.

Who needs terrain when you can have mobile Terrain ?

Poseidal
13-09-2009, 12:47
Monoliths cover LOS to CTANs just perfectly.

Who needs terrain when you can have mobile Terrain ?

Won't they be able to see under it? (Skimmers must be mounted on Flying Bases now)

Freakiq
13-09-2009, 13:49
Won't they be able to see under it? (Skimmers must be mounted on Flying Bases now)

The monolith doesn't include a flying stand and is probably too heavy to be mounted on one.

Bunnahabhain
13-09-2009, 13:52

Doesn't have to be mounted very high, and you're then trying to see though a 1/2" high slot that is 7"+ long. With any other cover on the table, that shot is going from very difficult to totally impossible...

Can't remember the last time I saw a monolith on a standard GW flying base- they're all on custom ones, or just sitting on the table. Or a heap of bits that was a GW standard one before it snapped...

On Topic.
You need to know the rules. If you don't know about outflank, or assaulting from transports, then it is highly likely there are other important things you're missing as well.

Scyllian
13-09-2009, 17:34
wow i gotta say i thought i had a pretty firm grasp of the rules. :p

The_Dragon_Rising
13-09-2009, 17:43
Against Necrons I have had best results with the following units:
Yriel (his template attack and high initiative almost ensure that he will win combat and sweeping advance so put him against that juicy warrior squad with res orb lord)
Pathfinders (against the deciever or nightbringer especially but still remain useful against immortals and the like)
Wraithlords (in combat can take down monoliths more often than not in one round of combat)
Mechanised Units (regardless of the unit within, dire avengers, banshees, fire dragons, etc things in wave serpents nearly always do well for me)

Sekhmet
13-09-2009, 22:49
I actually killed Yriel the one time he made it into combat against my Warriors. Sure I lost about half the squad, but the remaining 5 attacks killed him somehow.

IMO the best units to bring against Necrons are:
Seer council
Wraithguard (they utterly destroy C'tan and Monoliths, and are a pain to kill when fortuned)
Eldrad
Pathfinders

Scyllian
18-09-2009, 03:15
IMO the best units to bring against Necrons are:
Wraithguard (they utterly destroy C'tan and Monoliths, and are a pain to kill when fortuned)

it says wraithguard cant hurt monoliths in the codex

Sekhmet
18-09-2009, 03:23

My codex doesn't say that.

Bjornin
18-09-2009, 03:37
wow i gotta say i thought i had a pretty firm grasp of the rules. :p

Don't feel bad about this. Everyone (and I do mean everyone) has played a rule they thought they had down pat wrong across multiple games.

As for the wraithguard, in my eldar codex I see 3+ == glancing or penetrating hit after rolls to hit. Is that what you see?

Brady
19-09-2009, 13:32
tactics i would use are, as mentioned earlier send your skimmer transport flat out so it gets a cover save, if he;s far away then use star engines (if purchased) then in your second turn get out your banshees and woop him in combat. the best way to deal with the nightbringer is to avoid him, he can only move 6 inch plus running. if you find you can't avoid the bringer then equip your transport with bright lances or missile launchers. then you simply have to pour all of your firepower into the troops so he fazes out. remember necrons are slow and eldar are fast. keep zooming away, getting out and shooting some more. plus concentrate your fire onto one unit at a time. its far more useful than shooting at one unit and wasting more shots into another unit.

Grimtuff
19-09-2009, 13:43

:eyebrows:
Buh?
Did your opponent write that in there in several colours of crayon or something? :wtf:

Joewrightgm
19-09-2009, 15:09
Common misconception: Living Metal on a Monolith prevents it from being destroyed; EVAR!

Living metal only means that when rolling to penetrate its armor, you will only ever roll 1D6 +S for armor penetration. It also ignores the Lance special rule.

Biggest thing to do with necrons is good fire discipline; hammer one unit almost to the exclusion of all others until its gone. Ignore monoliths/C'tan or play keep away until you phase the rest of the army out by targeting one unit at a time.

Ravenous
20-09-2009, 14:13
Another good tactic against necrons is tank shocking him, Not to long ago I set my Eldar mech army across the table and then zipped back and fourth tank shocking his units. I broke 3 units off the table.

Sekhmet
21-09-2009, 00:27
Another good tactic against necrons is tank shocking him, Not to long ago I set my Eldar mech army across the table and then zipped back and fourth tank shocking his units. I broke 3 units off the table.

There's only a 1/12 chance of actually breaking from tankshock as a Necron player. It's sad that he couldn't stop your tanks even when they were so close.

Ravenous
21-09-2009, 00:38
Its the gauss weapons only glancing. It took a few turns but after I broke his lords unit off the table it was just a matter of clean up from there.

Vermin-thing
21-09-2009, 01:40
As a diehard (sorta) Necon player I might be able to offer some insight into necro tactics so you can build a plan to counter it.

Slowcrons are so slowwww; At most he should be moving his crons 6" a turn. This means that you can out flank/own him with ease. But wait, necron guns hurt, so avoid being shot at.

If he's at any length a good general he will deploy his warriors in a line with the (heavy) destroyers behind supporting his troops. His monolith should be placed in the smack center of his deployment zone as to take advantage of the 360 line of sight. Two destroyer lords with res orbs/veil of darkness is the ideal choice, as with any massive point sink character (night bringer, deceiver, though no one uses him) theyCAN BE KILLED!

General by the book Necron tactics: (by no means a win-button)

Turn 1: Deploy monolith, and three squads 20 of warriors, 5 destroyers, and deslord #1.
- move warriors into a line.
- move monolith into a spot ware the enemy can't ignore it.

Turn 2: poop out scarabs, and tomb spider(s) from monolith.
- move scarabs into a flank guard position.
- position the rest of the units as to allow for maximum fire power.
- if playing eldar you will be in combat by now, so move destroyer unit behind the attacking units to cut them off, use scarabs to guard destroyers.

Turn 3: deploy the rest of the army, another 40 warriors, 5 destroyers, deslord #2.
- flank with the destroyers, and scarabs.
- preform general repairs on the army with the two lords, make sure the monolith/lords don't fall.
- spam gauss fire all around, recycle badly damaged units.
- repeat, for the rest of the battle, hope that you can crongrind the enemy down to little bits.

Sekhmet
21-09-2009, 02:07
As a diehard (sorta) Necon player I might be able to offer some insight into necro tactics so you can build a plan to counter it.

Slowcrons are so slowwww; At most he should be moving his crons 6" a turn. This means that you can out flank/own him with ease. But wait, necron guns hurt, so avoid being shot at.

If he's at any length a good general he will deploy his warriors in a line with the (heavy) destroyers behind supporting his troops. His monolith should be placed in the smack center of his deployment zone as to take advantage of the 360 line of sight. Two destroyer lords with res orbs/veil of darkness is the ideal choice, as with any massive point sink character (night bringer, deceiver, though no one uses him) theyCAN BE KILLED!

General by the book Necron tactics: (by no means a win-button)

Turn 1: Deploy monolith, and three squads 20 of warriors, 5 destroyers, and deslord #1.
- move warriors into a line.
- move monolith into a spot ware the enemy can't ignore it.

Turn 2: poop out scarabs, and tomb spider(s) from monolith.
- move scarabs into a flank guard position.
- position the rest of the units as to allow for maximum fire power.
- if playing eldar you will be in combat by now, so move destroyer unit behind the attacking units to cut them off, use scarabs to guard destroyers.

Turn 3: deploy the rest of the army, another 40 warriors, 5 destroyers, deslord #2.
- flank with the destroyers, and scarabs.
- preform general repairs on the army with the two lords, make sure the monolith/lords don't fall.
- spam gauss fire all around, recycle badly damaged units.
- repeat, for the rest of the battle, hope that you can crongrind the enemy down to little bits.

How many points are you playing anyway, 3k?

First of all, 100 warriors is FAR too many.

Second, you can't pull scarabs and spyders through a monolith portal.

CthulhuDalek
21-09-2009, 02:10
In my friend's last game of Eldar vs. Chaos he had a LOT of success with pathfinders taking out a daemon prince turn one.

So, I think the pathfinders' sole role could be C'tan hunting(even if they don't kill it they probably won't do too much against his other units), or I suppose even destroyer hunting once the C'tan dies.

Everything else should join ride serpents(mainly reiterating what others have said here), with at least one unit of Fire Dragons, Banshees and your Harlies.

I'm thinking two farseers doom and fortune. One could be Eldrad. Just make sure everything has some sort of vehicle!

Vermin-thing
21-09-2009, 03:24
How many points are you playing anyway, 3k?

First of all, 100 warriors is FAR too many.

Second, you can't pull scarabs and spyders through a monolith portal.

Whoops I haven't look at the book for some time. :o

I generally like to play big games as I can have more choice besides the standard options. :chrome:

Maybe 60 warriors, and a few (3) wraiths would be a better idea.