PDA

View Full Version : Empire Themed Vampire Counts

FluidSpace
12-09-2009, 14:15
So I have been contemplating staring Vampire Counts. But I would like to do something a little different and make a Empire themed Vampire Count army. I want it to look like a majority of my units have been raised from Empire units. I tried to combined some zombie parts with some state troop parts, but that really did not work out nearly as well as I had hoped. So... I was wondering if any one had any good ideas on how to make Empire units look dead.. or undead...
Do I just buy empire units and paint them to look undead, is there another way i can convert them?? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

explorator
12-09-2009, 14:21
You need to mix the zombie sprues with the state militia/"free company" sprues to make decent empire zombies. Put empire shields on your skellies, and skellie heads on empire knights. Convert some of the cool plastic empire heroes into vamps. Have fun.

Muntz78
12-09-2009, 16:15
I am doing something very similar and there is loads that you can....
I agree that zombies + militia are a very good mix.
State Troops painted up like ghosts make excellent and atmospheric Spirit Hosts.
The flagellent set is amazing, it comes with sooooooo many pieces that can be used elsewhere, and the main troops look excellent. I use mine as Wraiths (with a warrior priest as a banshee), but I have also spoken to people who convert theirs into Zombies or Ghouls.
Empire wizards make great Necromancers and the general kit can easily be converted into Wight Kings or even Vampires.
If you really want to push the boat out, I have even heard people make Black Coaches out of Steam tanks !!
There is so much you can, and even a little bit of effort and imagination produces great results. Have fun and make sure you put up some pics to show how you are getting on !!

bizzar6311
12-09-2009, 16:43
If you can get your hands on the 6th ed vampire counts book there is an amazing vampire counts army modeled after empire its painted a dark green color. The army is basically how you described how you want to do your vamps.

Onisuzume
12-09-2009, 17:03
I'd try to get hold of Richter Kreuger's Cursed Company (spelling) as well. In particular said character himself makes for an excellent unit champion for the skeletons.

Krzyek
12-09-2009, 18:40
I don't know what are your modeling skills but you might try mixing units like this:
Skeletons + state troops
Zombies + militia
Flagellants + ghouls
Steamtank or waraltar as a black coach
wizards as necromancers
greatswords + grave guard
knightly order + khemri horsemen/ skeleton bits as black knights
knightly order + bits as blood knights
chaos warhounds + greenstuff as dire wolfs or if possible mordeheim hounds
character as vampires

Karrig stern
12-09-2009, 22:42
well i crafted an army of undead empire.
It plays as both empire and vampires, and the conversions are pretty simple.
here is a link to the gallery of the army. Hope it helps
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc112/Itchmarth/Undead%20Empire/

Sparda
12-09-2009, 23:20
If you can get your hands on the 6th ed vampire counts book there is an amazing vampire counts army modeled after empire its painted a dark green color. The army is basically how you described how you want to do your vamps.

By the way, if you do get it read the story about the Blood Dragon on page 14 or 16 and see a Questing Knight use a lance!:p

mooserehab86
13-09-2009, 14:01
I don't know if it's in the current edition, but you could use the old war wagon as a corpse cart.