PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tourny HE (with restrictions)

Olannon
12-09-2009, 19:47
So, Iím attending this tourny where the following rules apply:
All special characters count as +1 hero choice, each army can have max. 1 special character. No duplicate rare choices are allowed, save for HE/DE who can both take 2 RBTís (no duplicate eagles though). Max PD is 10, with bound counting as 1PD. Armies are 2250 points.
So here Iím thinking of a combined arms approach which relies on some serious magic. As such, the list goes:
475 - Teclis
185 - Mage, lvl 2, seerstaff, power stone
168 - Noble, BSB, Dragon armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Reaver Bow, Talisman of Loec
110 - 10 Archers
110 - 10 Archers
365 - 20 Phoenix Guard, full command with Gem of Courage and War Banner
105 - 7 Swordmasters
105 - 7 Swordmasters
195 - 5 Dragon Princes, Champion with Dragonhorn
140 - 1 Lion Chariot
200 - 2 Repeater Bolt Throwers
50 - 1 Great Eagle

PD: 8+D3, DD: 7+D3. With this list I donít really fear a lot. These environments heavily improve flying monsters, which I do not think Iíll have problems coping with, save for the DE hotekdragon (and even this will be struggling to do something useful for its 600+ points). Most lists will probably relax a bit on their magical defense with these restrictions and for my small amount of dice I provide a heavy punch which my shooting phase isnít too shabby either. In close combat obviously the PG will work as a hammer, having several, redundant hammers around. The Dragonhorn should be vital here since the army is quite vulnerable to LD-based issues. I also have some points left around to play with, havenít really decided what to do with this yet.
C&C very welcome!

kyinpie
12-09-2009, 21:15
why two units of 7 swordmaster? why not one unit of 15 with a command?

also you could have 11 PD, what will happen with those restrictions? will you lose that dice? will that combo be aloud?

Olannon
12-09-2009, 21:38
2 units of 7 can fight against fully ranked up units with 14 attacks, creating amazing amounts of CR. A unit of 15 with command would make the idea of several hammers void as I would only have the fast units left as hammers, plus I find them more effective operating in small units as damage dealers rather than in big formations. At T3 5+ they're so easily killed too, rather just have redundancy then risking them all at once.

kyinpie
12-09-2009, 22:09
fair enough, i just never realy though of the units that way. :)
its not a bad list though. :) good luck