PDA

View Full Version : Orks and Teleporters!

Borg451
13-09-2009, 09:53
Had an idea, Orks with teleportation either a backpack that allows teleportation or has a teleport homer inconjunction with a main base.

Something i am thinking to model.

Comments/Critique

Orks can survive teleportation right?

Ordo Hydra
13-09-2009, 10:36
Not an expert on it but from what I remember, in the Third Armageddon War the Mekboy Orkimedes managed to rig a powerful long range tellyporta allowing Ork hordes to be deployed from his Space Hulk to Armageddon's surface itself. As I recall, the transportations were largely successful so I would say that yes Orks can survive it. Whether thats the case all the time, I can't say.

grissom2006
13-09-2009, 10:38
Just so long as da Mek rememberz ta packz hiz extra smashy hammer and spannerz :p

Ordo Hydra
13-09-2009, 10:49
Just so long as da Mek rememberz ta packz hiz extra smashy hammer and spannerz :p

And paint it red? Surely that will make the teleportation faster :p

Born Again
13-09-2009, 11:27
Nazdreg and Ghazghkull used a "telly-porta" in th Piscina IV campaign as well. It's definitely part of existing fluff. Whether they have the tech to make it backpack portable or not I don't know, but what the hell, give it a go!

Condottiere
13-09-2009, 11:44
If it didn't, the Ork medics can probably piece most of the scattered parts together.

Dhazzakull
13-09-2009, 13:53
i dont think orks can fabricate a portable teleporte, but who needsit anyway they could transport a beacon and let a big teleporter do the work, about safety. Does anyone know how safe an ork teleporter is, safer than a human on, as dangerous as a human one, or even more dangerous, which means suicidal?

Argastes
13-09-2009, 14:02
i dont think orks can fabricate a portable teleporter

Well, they can make shokk-attack guns, which are man-portable and are essentially a form of tellyporta, so I wouldn't put it past a clever mekboy to produce what the OP describes.

Borg451
13-09-2009, 17:11
cool. does anybody have any spare bits from Human or Ork Teleporter related things btw?

Killgore
13-09-2009, 17:38
On the old Armegeddon 3 website there was rules for a unit of Ork Tellyporta boyz

I see no problem with posting the old rules that i got of the website before it was taken down.

Ork Telly-Porta Boyz

Elites
Telly-Porta Boyz

Squad: The mob consists of between ten and twenty Boyz.

Weapons: All models may be equipped with either a Shoota or a Slugga and Choppa. It is permissible to mix these weapon types throughout a single mob.

Options: Up to three models can have either a Big Shoota at +15 pts, Rokkit Launcha at +10 pts or a Burna at+6 pts.

Character: For an extra +12 pts, one boy may be upgraded to a Nob and be given any equipment allowed from the Ork armoury.

Special Rules

Telly-Porting: The mob of Telly-Porta Boyz must deploy using the Deep Strike rules, regardless of whether the scenario would normally allow them to or not. However, Ork teleporting is not without danger and Orks are often heavily dis-orientated when they arrive at their destination.

On the turn they arrive, the Telly-Porta Boyz will automatically open fire around themselves. Roll a scatter die for the direction they open fire in. The first unit in this direction will be the target, regardless of whether it is friend or foe. If there are no targets along this line, then the shots are wasted.

-----------------

I really like the random fire rules :P

Born Again
14-09-2009, 07:04
Thanks Killgore, I didn't see those rules at the time but they're cool.

AndrewGPaul
14-09-2009, 08:19
Well, they can make shokk-attack guns, which are man-portable and are essentially a form of tellyporta, so I wouldn't put it past a clever mekboy to produce what the OP describes.

Shokk Attack Guns are actually closer to a man-portable (well, Ork-portable) short-ranged webway generator.

Terror of the East
14-09-2009, 09:25
Right now on GW site they are doing a game with telleporting Stompas!
Madness! but good madness!
have a look here.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=4400020a