PDA

View Full Version : Morathi and dispel scrolls

chippyman64
13-09-2009, 18:47
"Morathi may be given one Arcane item" quite simply does this imply that she may be given a single arcane item or a single arcane magic item type. This is more for scrolls than anything as scrolls are an arcane item so could you say the type is a dipel scroll and im taking 10 as she has no magic item points limit. Im not saying i will use this in a game i just wanted to ask is it possible.

EldarBishop
13-09-2009, 18:52
ONE arcane item...

Seems pretty clear to me.

Tae
13-09-2009, 18:53
Well she can't take 10, even if she were allowed to take multiples, as she has a points limit of 100 points, as noted in her rules - so you can potentially take 4 max.

Personally I play it as that one arcane item means one arcane item. 1 dispell scroll is one arcane item. 2 dispell scrolls are 2 arcane items, they just happen to be permissible in the basic rules book.

Atrahasis
13-09-2009, 20:26
As the others have said, one scroll is one arcane item, two scrolls is two arcane items.

xragg
14-09-2009, 06:54
Well she can't take 10, even if she were allowed to take multiples, as she has a points limit of 100 points, as noted in her rules - so you can potentially take 4 max.

Really? Your book must be different then mine as I see no restriction on points allowed for her. There is only 1 combo that is over 100pts anyway (deathmask + black staff), so its not a big deal regardless.

Tae
14-09-2009, 12:45
Really? Your book must be different then mine as I see no restriction on points allowed for her. There is only 1 combo that is over 100pts anyway (deathmask + black staff), so its not a big deal regardless.

You are quite correct. Curse them for putting that the magic items are on page 100 in the same part of the sentence where a usual 100 point limitation would be found!

Now to find where to take 50 points out of my army so she can have the deathmask as well!