PDA

View Full Version : Lore of Tzeentch "Fire" = flaming attacks?

Gabekun
15-01-2006, 02:37
Playing today against cavalry heavy high elves, my opponent and I came into a situation where I tried to use red fire and blue fire against his Dragon Princes, which are immune to flaming attacks. Nowehere in the tzeentch lore does it say that they are actually flaming attacks - they are simply named "fire".

Another player claimed that the magic missile "fires" (ie: red and blue) were flaming attacks, but could not tell me where to find that in the rules or a FAQ, except "it was in some GW FAQ from awhile back." I've checked every FAQ I have, and can't find anything in regards to this - any help? Thanks!

NakedFisherman
15-01-2006, 02:43
Yes. Flaming attacks are usually not explicitly stated (ex. Lizardmen Salamanders or Warpfire Thrower).

Major Defense
15-01-2006, 04:49
No. Tzeentch spells are NOT flaming attacks.

Q. Do spells from the Lore of Tzeentch (which are all named as a
different color of fire) count as 'Fire' attacks?

A. No they do not. None of the Tzeentch spells include the
wording "This is a Fire attack and causes double damage against
flammable targets" as pure flaming spells do. This was confirmed
via the High Elf Q&A for Dragon Armour which states that models
with Dragon Armour are NOT immune to Tzeentch spells.
S. Beasts of Chaos Army Book page 78 / Warhammer Chronicles
2004 page 117 / Direwolf FAQ Council Interpretation

...and since no rule clarification would be complete without a contrary example...

Q. Does the High Elf spell 'Flames of the Phoenix' count as a fire
attack? The name implies it, but itís not explicitly written
"flaming hit" or "flaming attack".

A. Yes.
S. Warhammer Chronicles 2004 page 117

NakedFisherman
15-01-2006, 05:04
Direwolf FAQ is notoriously incorrect for many things (ex. targeting rules for characters joining differently-sized units).

I don't have Chronicles 2004, but I think what it's referring to is that Dragon Armor only protects against flaming attacks -- it won't stop a hit from a Dwarf Cannon with the Rune of Burning.

Festus
15-01-2006, 09:01
Hi

To the best of my knowledge, the Tzeentch *Fires* are not ocnsidered flaming attacks, none of them. Although having the *this is a flaming attack* disclaimer is not needed to make it a flaming attack according to GW, ther is a clarification somewhere.

Oh, if I only had access to the deep vaults of knowledge that MageIth posesses... :(

Greetings
Festus

Major Defense
15-01-2006, 12:51
Direwolf FAQ is notoriously incorrect for many things (ex. targeting rules for characters joining differently-sized units).

I don't have Chronicles 2004, but I think what it's referring to is that Dragon Armor only protects against flaming attacks -- it won't stop a hit from a Dwarf Cannon with the Rune of Burning.

About that, attacks that are 100% fire do no damage against dragon armor. Attacks which are physical but add fire damage will simply lose the extra damage they would otherwise get from the fire. So your Dwarf cannon would just hit as if it had no rune.