PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on Space Marine Chapter?

Sam Spade
15-09-2009, 03:53
I am trying to find a SM chapter for me to do, I like kinda the idea of SW with the rustic long houses and stuff, but I was always a fan of the Romans, Ultramarines I guess, so I was wondering would there be a compromise between the two?

wolf40k
15-09-2009, 04:00
The Romans were brass and red so why don't you paint up an army in those colors and use Space wolf rules.

Charistoph
15-09-2009, 04:44
The Romans were brass and red so why don't you paint up an army in those colors and use Space wolf rules.

Sounds like the Wolf Eaters Chapter to me.

Make up your own chapter, use the colors you want. Build your army to reflect whatever codex matches your play style. Or heck, use the same models as different parts of ALL the SM codecies. Just make sure your opponent knows which they are fighting at the beginning.

Imperius
15-09-2009, 05:30
I don't think that Space Marines have the NUMBERS to represent a Roman Army.
You need to remember that the Romans worked in blocks of 100+ men that work together and while they did not have absolute masses of infantry, they did put out quite a stunning number of troops that are all self-reliant and can be tactically bent to the commanders will.

So, the Sapce Marines are more of an army where you can see 20-40 models on the table, all independantly milling around doing their own thing in some distant place that their comrades cant see.
_________

Space Wolves ftw.

Arakanis
15-09-2009, 09:40
I don't think that Space Marines have the NUMBERS to represent a Roman Army.

tl;dr

He meant aesthetically.