PDA

View Full Version : Magic items / Gifts / Marks WoC Sorcs

rsowell
15-09-2009, 07:25
What do you consider the strongest combo for WoC sorcs regarding their items/gifts/marks?

On a side note what are your favourite ways to run WoC sorcs?

I'm planning on running 1 sorc lord and 2 hero sorcs in a 2000-2250 list and I am mainly looking for the strongest and beardiest combos(by all means list your "for fun" combos also!). My army is going to consist mainly of Calvary: Mar horsemen, dogs, knights.

Witchblade
15-09-2009, 11:00
L4 Sorcerer of Tzeentch on disc: enchanted shield, spell familiar, book of secrets, golden eye of tzeentch and either sword of might plus word of agony or a power stone and optionally stream of corruption or bloodcurdling roar.
+
L2 Sorcerer of Nurgle on barded steed: infernal puppet.
+
L2 Sorcerer of Nurgle on barded steed: power familiar, dispel scroll.

The nurgle sorcs could take third eye of tzeentch and conjoined humunculus.

10 spells, 12 PD.

Avian
15-09-2009, 12:41
I'm having a fair bit of success with a level 2 Sorcerer of Tzeentch on a Disc with the Spell Familiar and Book of Secrets. 4 spells and generating 3 dice is quite nice.

Mullitron
15-09-2009, 12:50
Pretty much what witchblade has suggested. The lord on disc and two level 2 nugle sorcerer combo, the two level two casters just throw two dice at magnificent buboes each turn to hopefully take out enemy casters or more likely draw out enemy dispel dice which then gives the lord a better chance to cast flickering fire and if lucky gateway. Can also go for demon prince with mark of tzeentch, tendrils of tzeentch and fury of the blood god, its not as cost effective as the disc but the belakor model does look great.

zerachiel
16-09-2009, 03:29
I'm fond of a Level 2 Nurgle/Tzeentch Sorcerer with the Bloodskull Pendant, and stick him in a Warriors unit of corresponding Mark. No one ever expects your Sorcerer to be packing an auto-hitting S8 Killing Blow in close combat, and you can even use him to bust Chariots when they charge you.

Oberon
16-09-2009, 18:58
I'm fond of a Level 2 Nurgle/Tzeentch Sorcerer with the Bloodskull Pendant, and stick him in a Warriors unit of corresponding Mark. No one ever expects your Sorcerer to be packing an auto-hitting S8 Killing Blow in close combat, and you can even use him to bust Chariots when they charge you.

Now take the book of secrets, choose lore of shadows and the steed of shadows spell, then fly him to those chariots/warmachines/whatever for unlimited amounts of fun! Works even better with exalted heroes, or so I have heard.

EDIT: of course an unmarked sorc with lore of shadows would also do nicely.

Max1mum
17-09-2009, 14:51
Unit of chosens with mark of Tzeentch ( just 10 will do )

and the banner of wrath ( the bound missle one )
Then ad the book of secrets to the unit champ ( fireball ;-) )
ad a lvl 1 tzeentch sorc for another magic missle...and give that sorc the 45 point bound spell staff ( what's its name )

That's 4 magic missle's from one unit :D ...who says Chaos can't do ranged :P
ad a lvl 4 lord with the obvious toys
and a nother lvl 2 and we are talking ~7 magic missles :P in one shooting phase :P.

You can even stuff them all in the same unit of chosen and ad a BSB with the wardsave banner :P ( not serious on this one from a tactical point of view :P just joking )

...would that be weird ? :P

MarcoPollo
17-09-2009, 17:59
Personally, I think the type of characters you choose should have synergy with the army choices you have and style you like to use.

I have run the tzeetch flying circus and it is pretty effective, but it leaves your sorcerors exposed and your opponent crying cheese seeing 10 pd and some bound shooting/magic.

I am tending to use a limited number of hero's in favor of more units. At present, I am using a sorceror lord kitted to fight/dispell and a BSB tricked out for static CR. That is it. All the rest goes into troops. It works quite well, but I like that style of play better.

Enigmatik1
17-09-2009, 19:27
Personally, I think the type of characters you choose should have synergy with the army choices you have and style you like to use.

I have run the tzeetch flying circus and it is pretty effective, but it leaves your sorcerors exposed and your opponent crying cheese seeing 10 pd and some bound shooting/magic.

I am tending to use a limited number of hero's in favor of more units. At present, I am using a sorceror lord kitted to fight/dispell and a BSB tricked out for static CR. That is it. All the rest goes into troops. It works quite well, but I like that style of play better.

I like your style. I'm trying to conceptualize something similar for my Slaanesh/Nurgle force, but I get all ga-ga over the magic goodies and have a hard time not dumping tons of points into characters. I'm trying to consolidate two birds with one stone with a Daemon Prince, but the bastitch ends up being so expensive I keep starting over. :cries:

Can you tell my first army is Tomb Kings where I am pretty much obligated to do character heavy? LOL!

sulla
17-09-2009, 21:05
I'm having a fair bit of success with a level 2 Sorcerer of Tzeentch on a Disc with the Spell Familiar and Book of Secrets. 4 spells and generating 3 dice is quite nice.That is nice. I regularly face a similar guy but with enchanted shield and phalactery (to take my manbane out of the equation) instead of the book, but that guy wiht 3 dice would make a major contribution to the magic phase...

MarcoPollo
17-09-2009, 21:26
I like your style. I'm trying to conceptualize something similar for my Slaanesh/Nurgle force, but I get all ga-ga over the magic goodies and have a hard time not dumping tons of points into characters. I'm trying to consolidate two birds with one stone with a Daemon Prince, but the bastitch ends up being so expensive I keep starting over. :cries:

Can you tell my first army is Tomb Kings where I am pretty much obligated to do character heavy? LOL!

Thanks.

The things that I remember in trying to appreciate the minimalist style are:

1) too many characters with too many tricks makes me forget stuff. Too many times I have cursed my lack of memory two or three turns after I forgot a crucial trick to pull out. I am getting older so I have more stuff to think about these days.

2)The cost of a pretty hard core exalted hero with lots of tricks and a demonic mount comes to about the same cost as 3 dragon ogres. Compare the two yourself. There are things that 3 dragon ogres can't do, but with 12 wounds at your disposal, they can be pretty forgiving.

3) Having more units makes for a better strategic deployment phase that sets up the rest of the game's match-ups.