PDA

View Full Version : Help: Fluff army (first thread!)

AdrianWalls
15-01-2006, 07:44
THis is the first thread I've ever put here and about the third post. Basically I am looking at creating a fluff Empire army. I am thinking of some sort of priest led army ala the special rules in the back of the Empire book. Flaggelants as core I think they allow.

Anyhow... what units would be best for this? I am fairly new to fantasy (not new to the game overall). I am thinking a good 2000 point army. I picked up a Warrior Priest, a bliste rpack of wizards (2), one of those hellcannon valley thingies and some flaggelants. I guess corew troops would be militia... look wise they make the most sense.

Anyhow... help a brother out!

general trooper
03-04-2007, 13:21
If you wanted a religious kind of army i personally think you are better off going for brettonians. They look like crusaders fighting for god. Anyway my comments are probobly useless to you, but dont worry im used to it.:(

DesertDirge
03-04-2007, 15:23
some swords men might fit depending how you paint them... even some hand gunners might work. Try converting units to fit your theme and run with it! Thats the beauty of Empire!

Jedi152
03-04-2007, 15:32
Proper religious empire could probably do without wizards, as tensions can be pretty high between the colleges and the church, but i guess they'd fight together for the good of the Empire.

apart from that, you want flagellents (remember plastic ones are coming out this summer!), possibly witch hunter models used as captains, knightly orders painted as holy knights, and converted state troops and militia, like the ones seen here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/empire/command-conversions/3/)

blahblahblah
03-04-2007, 15:41
THis is the first thread I've ever put here and about the third post. Basically I am looking at creating a fluff Empire army. I am thinking of some sort of priest led army ala the special rules in the back of the Empire book. Flaggelants as core I think they allow.

Hey, sorry I don't have time at the moment, will check back later, but youmentioned the army list at the back of the book, is that the 6th edition empire book? You might want to look at the latest book for up to date rules, with priest you get one unit of flaggellants as core the others as normal and the Arch lector in the book is pretty cool with the war altar. anyways, for friendly games, 6th edition army builds might be fine, but if you're planning purchases or games against picky or tournament players, you'll want to check the 7th edition book (plus core troops cost less:D )