PDA

View Full Version : 3k Dragonless Dark Elf Ard Boyz

GirathonB
15-09-2009, 13:27
Dreadlord w/Armour of Eternal Servitude, Crimson Death, Pendant of Khaleth, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Cold One 280 pts
Master w/Battle Standard, Seal of Ghrond, Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Beastmaster's Scourge 147 pts
Death Hag w/Cauldron of Blood 200 pts
Sorceress w/2x Dispel Scrolls 150 pts
Assassin w/Additional Hand Weapon, Manbane, Rending Stars 151 pts
Assassin w/Additional Hand Weapon, Manbane, Rune of Khaine 146 pts

10x Repeater Crossbows 100 pts
5x Dark Riders w/Repeater Crossbows, Musician 117 pts
5x Dark Riders w/Repeater Crossbows 110 pts
5x Harpies 55 pts
5x Harpies pts

5x Shades w/Great Weapons 90 pts
5x Cold One Knights 135 pts
5x Cold One Knights w/Banner, Standard of Slaughter 186 pts
20x Blackguard w/Full Command, Ring of Hotek, Standard of Hag Graef 355 pts

Hydra 175 pts
Hydra 175 pts
Hydra 175 pts

Total: 2996

No dragons in favor of more support units. I find the army is very manuverable and competes well in both the shooting and combat phases. Any comments would be appreciated.

samuel44
15-09-2009, 15:26
With three hydras, the ring of hotek, pendant on dreadlord and ASF BG, people will call this list extremely cheesy and many will not want to fight against you. Good in a competitive setting, very bad in a friendly setting.

It should work very well though. You may have a problem against magic heavy armies such as vampire counts, you have basically nothing to stop the majoirty of there invocations and dance of macabre which will be cast multiple times on two or one dice. And wind of undead is not targetted so it will not be affected by the ring.

Tower_Of_The_Stars
15-09-2009, 16:45
With three hydras, the ring of hotek, pendant on dreadlord and ASF BG, people will call this list extremely cheesy and many will not want to fight against you. Good in a competitive setting, very bad in a friendly setting.

It's for Ard Boyz

samuel44
15-09-2009, 17:43
Ard Boyz still want to have fun.

That sounds like a song.

complexfire
15-09-2009, 20:06
Love the army. Very beardy (as it should be!) However how about changing the assassins for something else? Assassins don't hit hard enough for 'Ard Boyz IMHO..

Good luck!

Tower_Of_The_Stars
15-09-2009, 20:37
Ard Boyz still want to have fun.

Who said they didn't?

how about changing the assassins for something else? Assassins don't hit hard enough for 'Ard Boyz

I think that's probably true. You could turn the Cold One units into line breakers for the points spent on the Assassins.

GirathonB
15-09-2009, 20:42
Removing the Rune of Khaine Assassin would give me the points for the master with 2x null talismans I have been trying to fit in to avoid someone vaul's unmaking or bubosing the ring away. I am quite fond of rending star assassin's ability to take out large targets and charriots with ease though. I will have to put more thought into taking him out. If I did, it would probably be for another scroll caddy, for more anti vampire support. Thanks for the idea!

GirathonB
16-09-2009, 02:13
Dreadlord w/Armour of Eternal Servitude, Crimson Death, Pendant of Khaeleth, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Cold One 280 pts
Master w/Battle Standard, Seal of Ghrond, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak 152 pts
Master w/3x Null Talisman, Great Weapon, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Heavy Armour 139 pts
Death Hag w/Cauldron of Blood 200 pts
Sorceress w/2x Dispel Scrolls 150 pts
Assassin w/Additional Hand Weapon, Manbane, Rending Stars 151 pts

5x Harpies 55 pts
5x Harpies 55 pts

5x Cold One Knights 135 pts
5x Cold One Knights w/Banner, Standard of Slaughter 186 pts
20x Blackguard w/Full Command, Ring of Hotek, Standard of Hag Graef 355 pts

Hydra 175 pts
Hydra 175 pts
Hydra 175 pts

Total: 2997

Power Dice: 3
Dispel Dice: 4

Updated the list. Dropped the Rune of Khaine Assassin and beastmaster's scourge in favor of 3xNull Talisman Master and an Enchanted Shield on my BSB. This will protect my BSB more in the first mission, and give the BG unit immunity to magic, unless I am REALLY unlucky.