PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions on the daemonic legions and redirecting charges.

Major Boothroid
15-01-2006, 12:15
Hello
Got a couple of questions hear that were raised last week. The 1st is about the number of special and rare choices allowed in the daemonic legion. The book says you can have one special and rare per true core unit, this lead to a tzeench army that I saw having 2 chariots at 1500 points. This seems very dubious to me, can anyone clarify.

The 2nd question is on redirecting charges: can you redirect into a unit that you could see before the enemy unit flees, but that you could not previously contact? The rule book makes it pretty clear that you can, but the person claims this was changed in white dwarf some time a go, but cant remember which issue its in. Could somone confire this either way please?

Thanks

Festus
15-01-2006, 12:36
Hi

Got a couple of questions hear that were raised last week. The 1st is about the number of special and rare choices allowed in the daemonic legion. The book says you can have one special and rare per true core unit, this lead to a tzeench army that I saw having 2 chariots at 1500 points. This seems very dubious to me, can anyone clarify.

The Daemonic Legion is still resrticted by 1 Rare in under 2000 points, up to two in 2000-2999, and so on.
The true cores just allow you to take a special and a rare of the relevant god, not to overfill your quota of slots.
Or do you reckon that the DL should have two Lords in 100 points? ;)

The 2nd question is on redirecting charges: can you redirect into a unit that you could see before the enemy unit flees, but that you could not previously contact? The rule book makes it pretty clear that you can, but the person claims this was changed in white dwarf some time a go, but cant remember which issue its in. Could somone confire this either way please?
You can redirect into a *newly revealed target*, ie. one unit that you could not have charged before your original target fled. LoS is not an issue here. It is irrelevant whether you had LoS before the redirecting or not, but you have to have LoS to redirect into the new target of course.

Greetings
Festus

Major Defense
15-01-2006, 12:46
Hello
Got a couple of questions hear that were raised last week. The 1st is about the number of special and rare choices allowed in the daemonic legion. The book says you can have one special and rare per true core unit, this lead to a tzeench army that I saw having 2 chariots at 1500 points. This seems very dubious to me, can anyone clarify.HE can have six chariots in a <2K army (0-3 special) so two isn't all that insane.

The 2nd question is on redirecting charges: can you redirect into a unit that you could see before the enemy unit flees, but that you could not previously contact? The rule book makes it pretty clear that you can, but the person claims this was changed in white dwarf some time a go, but cant remember which issue its in. Could somone confire this either way please?As Festus said, you can only redirect into a "newly revealed" unit. Keep in mind that all models in a DL army are immune to psychology and therefore cannot flee from charges.

Which makes me wonder...aren't mounted Deamonettes fast cavalry? If so, it would suck that they can't use the special flee rules for fast cavalry.

Festus
15-01-2006, 13:17
Hi

Yes, that is where Mounted Daemonettes really suck (Pun intended?).
They cannot be used as annoyingly elusive fast cav, they are only really useful as rankbreaking flanking fast cav.

Greetings
Festus

Major Boothroid
15-01-2006, 15:00
Good, looks like I was right on both accounts then.

Major Defense the daemonic chariots are rare so this guy was breaking some rules.

The fleeing issue came up where I wanted to redirect into the flank of an ogre unit that was accessible after a flee move had been made (as a responce to my original charge)

Keller
15-01-2006, 15:43
Major Defense the daemonic chariots are rare so this guy was breaking some rules.

I think he was comparing it to the High Elves, who have chariots that are 2/special slot. They can have up to 6 chariots in a sub-2K game, though I imagine theirs are weaker than the Tzeentch chariots, which fly if I am remembering correctly.