PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Gobbos 500 points

Mango33
16-09-2009, 01:21
Hey guys after being scared to death by a Dark Elf 500 point list with 2 Lv 2 Sorceresses on Dark Pegasus's I thought that I need some advice on the list I have at the moment.

HQ

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 2

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 2
Goblin Wolf Chariot

Troops

20 Orc Boyz
Shields

30 Night Goblins
Hand Weapons and Shields
2 Fanatics

He says that he can just fly away and constantly cast spells at me until I die or break.

I am debating not using a Chariot and instead using 2 Squig herds
or 3 Spear Chukka, no chariot and one shaman is level one
or a bunch of many other configurations

any thoughts?

Tutore
16-09-2009, 09:19
His list doesn't show much sportmanship, however here's a couple of suggestions:

Don't try to compete on magic. His magic is superior.

One level 1 shaman with a couple of dispel scrolls should be enough.

Get two fast cavalry units to gain control of the movement phase, trying to stop his pegasuses flying wherever he wants to.

get 2 spearchuckas

Then again... you also must rely on his miscasts :)

Example:

1 goblin big boss on wolf with 1 magic item 70 points more or less
1 NG shaman with 2 dispel scrolls 100 points
5 wolf riders musician 66 points
5 spider riders musician 71 points
2 spear chuckas 70 points
20 NG
20 NG
or 1 unit of boyz instead of the two of NG.

niap
16-09-2009, 12:21
i belive that the rules for 500 pts games limit the amount of points you can spend on characters to 150

edit: found them said rules here - http://www.leeds-nightowls.co.uk/downloads/whfb-warbands.pdf

Mango33
16-09-2009, 13:59
Really! Thank you, thank you for the info. Also Tutore you are correct and this list was created fighting a BALANCED empire list not an extremest Dark Elves list.

So two 5 man units of wolf riders should work right I beleive. Anything else.

Note: I will post an altered list later today

Nathangonmad
16-09-2009, 16:38
i belive that the rules for 500 pts games limit the amount of points you can spend on characters to 150

edit: found them said rules here - http://www.leeds-nightowls.co.uk/downloads/whfb-warbands.pdf

Thats only for ''warbands'' matches you can have normal 500point games.

Jind_Singh
16-09-2009, 21:16
who cares if he has magic? Take 2 dispell scrolls, if you can afford it get a BSB orc boss with morks bannor - stick it with the orc unit and your good to go!
Drop your level 2 upgrades on the shamans - replace one with a BSB, and have a lvl 1 shaman with 2 scrolls.
you know that someone like him wont let you cast any spells anyway, so you might as well bugger spells and go for magic defence.
Take wolf riders or spider riders, and if you want warmachine your better off with a rock lobba - costs the same as 2 bolt throwers BUT WAAAAYYYY better than them - anytime!
And then just run forwards and mob the sucka! Take pop shots at his characters with your rock lobba, and if you can get a chance charge his mage with your wolf boyz.
You can still stick the shaman in a chariot though, adds a nice punch to him, plus he's uselss anyway! His only job is to dispell scroll people and then die!
Taking the BSB is good too as it adds an extra +1 to your combat results

Stuffburger
16-09-2009, 22:23
I posted a bastardly 500 point O&G list a while back- 3 lvl2 shamans, 'itty ring, 2 small clumps of night goblins with 1 fanatic each. WoC didn't even make it to me :evilgrin: If you want a win try something like that. If you really squeeze you could get a spear chukka too.

Mango33
17-09-2009, 02:56
cool, thanks for the replies guys, these are some really great tips.
What if you are horrible at measuring distances with artillery (as in never used a rock lobber or cannon ever in any game).

Okay revised list.

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 1
2 Dispel Scroll
Wolf Chariot

Orc Big Boss
Morks Spirit Totem
Light Armor

Troops

25 Goblins
Sheilds

5 Spider Riders
Shortbow

rtunian
17-09-2009, 04:23
my ideas for facing dual flying sorcs at 500:

ng shaman - staff of sneaky stealin - 100
ng shaman - staff of sorcery - 80
20 ng bowmen - music, fanatic - 89
20 ng bowmen - music, fanatic - 89
4 spear chuckas - 140

or

ng shaman - stealin - 100
ng shaman - sorcery - 80
22 ng bowmen - music, 2 fanatic - 120
22 ng bowmen - music, fanatic - 95
3 spear chuckas - 105

this way you'll have 5 dd and +1 dispel and he'll have 5 pd +whatever bound. you'll also have plenty of shooting (& in ranks too) to take down his chars, while 2-3 fanatics should be able to put a dent in whatever he spends the rest of his points on. if he's taking 2 flying mounted wizards, i doubt he has many points left for units...

Mango33
18-09-2009, 00:43
What about instead of spending the points on the staff of sorcery night gobbo I replace it with a Gobblin Warboss with a nasty magic Weapons/ armor or a big boss with a Great Weapon and light armor. I could also take a boar for the orc boss if I take one less fanatic.

Would the above be viable?

Okay new list

Night Goblin Shaman
Staff of Sneaky Stealin

Orc Boss
Light Armor
Great Axe
Sheild
Boar

22 ng
Bows
musician